SHOPTO appreciation thread Page 36

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• northernlights 6 Mar 2013 18:14:26 606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh agree I dont blame Shopto.net for this. Its just frustrating that I have to wait 15 days. i might email them and ask if I can buy another copy if they will refund me in 15 days.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Mar 2013 18:16:31 21,966 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just order another one, send the other back.

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• kinky_mong 6 Mar 2013 18:28:58 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Just order another one, send the other back.
    Shopto's owner made a song about what to do in that situation...

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• alexc7496 12 Mar 2013 21:31:43 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone still using Game for online pre-orders?

I used to use them and they were just as good as Shopto, always got the game a day early.

I have updated my payment details on Shopto meaning they will send my next 2 x deliveries to my billing address only which just isn't any good for at present so tempted to go back to Game.
  • Ultrasoundwave 26 Mar 2013 09:37:26 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I was quite disappointed with the Bioshock Infinite debacle - probably my most anticipated game of the year and its the FIRST TIME that Shopto havent got an order to me before release date.

So, i pop over to their website this morning to see if their issuing any apologies for delays or anything, then i notice two things :

1) After about two years of membership, i have finally become a GOLD MEMBER! ( "I love goooooooooooooooold" )

2) They have dispatched Lego City and Army of Two yesterday, which means i might have them today, three days before release date!

Think i'll have to let them off just this once with Bioshock, they do seem to be in a minor decline though. If this had been 12 or 18 months ago i would have had Bioshock last week!

The price of popularity i fear....

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 09:37:45 26-03-2013

"Look at banner Michael!"

• thedaveeyres 26 Mar 2013 09:47:57 9,715 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shopto always get Tuesday releases out for the actual release day, rather than the usual Friday releases arriving a day or so early.

Christ, how entitled have we become that we're moaning because we have to wait till release day? ;)

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• SomaticSense 26 Mar 2013 09:48:53 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to call Trading Standards over this bullshit.

How fucking dare they not deliver the game early? It's a complete travesty. They deserve to go out of business. It's shocking business practise.

/spoilt brat
  • SomaticSense 26 Mar 2013 09:58:56 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:Christ, how entitled have we become that we're moaning because we have to wait till release day? ;)
    They are in "decline" apparently. They are apparently now as bad as Zavvi, Play, or Amazon, from where you would be lucky to receive the game on launch week let alone launch day.

The level of maturity and reasonable sense among certain groups of gamers is the only thing in decline here. Too many now are starting to sound like Cartman in that Wii episode of South Park.

Be grateful you have a postie who can reliably be arsed to deliver games on release day. Because I don't.
  • Deleted user 26 March 2013 10:01:57
    Well people often order off shopto because they used to deliver early. Now they often don't, I know I don't use them anymore.
    Simply games, 2game and a few others are the goto now.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Mar 2013 10:04:15 13,814 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well the last 5 orders I have made (all this year) have dropped through the letterbox before release date, Gears arrived last Thursday.
    Until they let me down they will get my money.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• thedaveeyres 26 Mar 2013 10:06:45 9,715 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They do deliver early, unless it's the 2 or 3 games a year that have a global (Tuesday) release. I'm starting to think you're a shill.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Ultrasoundwave 26 Mar 2013 10:07:49 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:

How fucking dare they not deliver the game early? It's a complete travesty. They deserve to go out of business. It's shocking business practise.

/spoilt brat

The main reason that i (and no doubt many others) use Shopto is because they generally always deliver before release date - if i wanted the game on the day of release i could use loads of other websites or pick it up in a supermarket.

I'm not the first (or the last) to say that their very high standards seem to be slightly slipping......

• SomaticSense 26 Mar 2013 10:08:40 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But forgetting the otherwise impeccable service with regards to refunds, delivery options, loyalty rewards, and the polite and helpful customer service on the phones.

But none of that seems to matter if they can't guarantee a broken street date.
  • Ultrasoundwave 26 Mar 2013 10:12:45 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Like i said before, i'm now a Gold member with them, i've ordered an absolute shitload of stuff off them over the last few years.

Mainly, i'm just disappointed because they chose my most anticipated game to be the first one they didnt get to me before release date.

I'm not condemning them or chasing after them with pitchforks, i'm still going to use them and i greatly appreciate the excellent service they've given me over the last few years.

I just hope this thing with Bioshock is a hiccup TBH.

• SomaticSense 26 Mar 2013 10:13:41 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:

/spoilt brat

The main reason that i (and no doubt many others) use Shopto is because they generally always deliver before release date - if i wanted the game on the day of release i could use loads of other websites or pick it up in a supermarket.

I'm not the first (or the last) to say that their very high standards seem to be slightly slipping......
    Their "standards" being deliveries a mere one day before.

When they start being 'Zavvi late', questioning refund entitlements, and cancelling orders without email confirmation can any of the accusations of their standards slipping hold any merit.
  • chrisno21 27 Mar 2013 10:38:17 1,352 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:When they start being 'Zavvi late', questioning refund entitlements, and cancelling orders without email confirmation can any of the accusations of their standards slipping hold any merit.
    But Zavvi never had any standards in the first place, not good ones anyway.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Syrette 27 Mar 2013 11:00:28 41,864 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Edited by Syrette at 11:03:02 27-03-2013

• Syrette 27 Mar 2013 11:02:50 41,864 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Like i said before, i'm now a Gold member with them, i've ordered an absolute shitload of stuff off them over the last few years.

Mainly, i'm just disappointed because they chose my most anticipated game to be the first one they didnt get to me before release date.

I'm not condemning them or chasing after them with pitchforks, i'm still going to use them and i greatly appreciate the excellent service they've given me over the last few years.

I just hope this thing with Bioshock is a hiccup TBH.
    It's quite possible that the game's publisher asked them politely to not break street date on one of the year's biggest titles. I think they'd rather remain friends with Take Two than potentially lose your custom.

• Ultrasoundwave 27 Mar 2013 11:04:49 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, i got it yesterday so the drama is over. Also, i'm pretty sure that Lego City and Army of Two will be there when i get home, so business has resumed as normal.

Good ol' Shopto!

• Mr_Sleep 27 Mar 2013 11:22:08 16,261 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I ordered Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Uncharted 3 from them and TR and Uncharted's cases are both damaged. Is it worth emailing Shopto to complain? Will they be receptive to hearing my complaint? I've only used Shopto once before and I had no problems there. Could have been the courier treating my package like shit I suppose.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 11:22:47 27-03-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• feeg86 27 Mar 2013 11:58:24 568 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shopto have been really good to me with parcels going missing in the past. Just give them a call.
  • SomaticSense 27 Mar 2013 12:19:57 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I ordered Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Uncharted 3 from them and TR and Uncharted's cases are both damaged. Is it worth emailing Shopto to complain? Will they be receptive to hearing my complaint? I've only used Shopto once before and I had no problems there. Could have been the courier treating my package like shit I suppose.
    They have the best 'over the phone' customer service I've ever experienced. No bullshit.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Mar 2013 13:13:48 16,261 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cool, I might well do that. The only thing is, the games are fine, it's just the boxes that are buggered so I'm not totally sure what I'd want in return, rather I feel like they sent a somewhat broken product. I guess I should give them a r ing and let them know anyway.

You are a factory of sadness.

• thenastypasty 27 Mar 2013 18:42:22 5,178 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still waiting for my copy of Bioshock to be delivered, although I think it's got more to do with massive fall of snow that I had over last weekend than it has Shopto.

Edited by thenastypasty at 18:43:16 27-03-2013
  • LionheartDJH 27 Mar 2013 19:25:42 19,295 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Cool, I might well do that. The only thing is, the games are fine, it's just the boxes that are buggered so I'm not totally sure what I'd want in return, rather I feel like they sent a somewhat broken product. I guess I should give them a r ing and let them know anyway.
    They sell replacement cases for 360 and PS3 games so maybe they'll send you a couple of new cases free of charge.

Edited by LionheartDJH at 19:25:53 27-03-2013

She dives for cheese pasties

• kngbn79 27 Mar 2013 22:27:13 19 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Im one of the unfortunate few whos not yet got their copy of bioshock yet but to be honest i found out today that there had been a royal mail service disruption due to all the snow (which i wish would go away now)and shopto are always early with my deliverys and ive spent a metric fuckton of cash with them and am a gold member so hoping this is just the weather as dont want to shop elsewhere
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Jun 2013 13:43:21 13,814 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hats off to them yet again.
    Animal Crossing in the 3ds: Check
    Last Of Us in the PS3: Check

Think I will leave it until after the kids are in bed tonigh though...also I'm downloading Xcom and Uncharted 3, which takes my ps3 ages to do.

• beastmaster 13 Jun 2013 13:45:55 10,179 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My current pre-order total stands at 777.97. Umm...

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• DUFFMAN5 13 Jun 2013 13:55:47 13,814 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    My current pre-order total stands at 777.97. Umm...
    Wow
    I assume there is at least one console within that lot.

I have::
    GTAV paid for pre-order (I always pay right away!)
    Beyond Two Souls.

If SouthPark had a firm date that would also be pre-ordered with them.

I have always bought my consoles from Amazon.

• yegon 28 Jun 2013 16:54:44 4,908 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How long do you have to wait to report an undelivered item? It appears to be 15 days judging by the website but I still can't access the report lost item facility, despite the order being placed 8/6/2013.

I ordered Luigi's Mansion and DKR for 3DS on the same day, to take advantage of that 3DS offer before the end of the month. Only DKR was in the jiffy, I knew instantly they'd forgot to chuck in LM. As a result, I've had to buy another 3DS game to register 3 games online for the offer as I knew ShopTo wouldn't resolve it time by the end of the month. Yeah, I could've bought LM elsewhere and returned the ShopTo order if it ever gets here, but still. Tsk, I've not even started the resolution process yet, I suppose I'll have to physically ring them at this rate as they've not responded to my email from last couple of days.

Pile of shite, why the feck didn't I just stick with Amazon like I normally do :(. Probably last time I bother with 'em, had similar problems with them before, but fortunately there was no time issue last time.

Edited by yegon at 16:59:07 28-06-2013
  • Page

of 39 First / Last