SHOPTO appreciation thread Page 35

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• dsmx 28 Sep 2012 13:42:39 7,726 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah but their cheap and pre orders always turn up before release and they use a decent courier who actually gives you an hour it will arrive not an entire day it may turn up on. For all it's faults if your pre ordering games go with them every time.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• PenguinJim 28 Sep 2012 14:10:50 6,009 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    I love them becquse of the price........ in the past I've been sent European versions which I belive is why they are so cheap and I thought they shouldnt be selling them (please correct me if im wrong).
    Surprised me the first time I got an EU version of a game. Went back and had a closer look... they actually do tell you what version you're buying.
    For example. :p

I still can't get over their ridiculously poor new site. It was actually working quite quickly for me earlier... almost as fast as it was before the clusterfuck downgrade. :champ:
  • monkehhh 28 Sep 2012 14:13:19 3,504 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @PenguinJim Seems that the Twitter guy has been fired, or told to shut up - they're no longer offering support via Twitter. Probably for the best :)
  • PenguinJim 28 Sep 2012 14:22:36 6,009 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo. :lol: I may as well delete my Twitter account now. That was the only thing I looked at regularly.

Although I was prodding him a bit, sometimes. When the site was down for a few minutes yesterday, I offered to get out and push. :redface:
  • andywilkie35 28 Sep 2012 14:26:50 5,338 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have they removed the forum from their new site?

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Mr-Brett 28 Sep 2012 15:16:46 12,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new site is of course shite but lets not pretend the previous one wasn't also shite, it was just more functional shite.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• nickthegun 28 Sep 2012 15:22:47 61,294 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    their old site was absolutely horriffic

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• BTBAM 28 Sep 2012 22:19:33 1,654 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't get FIFA from shopto today. Really shitty.
  • dsmx 28 Sep 2012 23:35:43 7,726 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not the end of the world though if it is late there's always this http://shopto.net/help/releasecompensate

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• santashi 29 Sep 2012 00:09:47 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Only if you paid for recorded delivery. ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• PenguinJim 29 Sep 2012 05:50:29 6,009 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nick Akerman ‏@Nakerman
    @shoptonet Is blocking people because they're not happy with your service "jokey banter"?

12h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman Shopto may block people who are advertising their own site or services as opposed to actually wanting to resolve any genuine issue

11h Nick Akerman ‏@Nakerman
    @shoptonet Again, that isn't what happened. You blocked more than one member of the gaming press for indicating they weren't happy.

10h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman We take complaints seriously, but encourage issues to be raised via official channels. Please contact us with your concerns.

9h Nick Akerman ‏@Nakerman
    @shoptonet Is your Twitter account not an official channel? You're not officially affiliated with ShopTo?

9h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman it's an official channel for advertising & banter, but for account enquires & other problems, alternative methods are provided.

@shoptonet Sorry guys, I got off the 'bantsmobile' when you suspended my account for no reason.

9h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman I'm sorry Nick, there's a few of us manning this account. I'll enquire about this for you!

@shoptonet Perhaps one or two are letting the brand down? I'm not the only one who thinks it, as I'm sure you've seen.

9h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman There's always one or two who let the side down, in every industry

8h Nick Akerman ‏@Nakerman
    @shoptonet Will you do anything internally to reprimand them?

8h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman We won't be discussing any Shopto staffing matters with you on social media, but thanks for the continued interest

@shoptonet And what is the explanation for banning members of the gaming press because they questioned your service?

8h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman I'm afraid I have no knowledge of this personally, but I'm looking into the matter for you.

@shoptonet Thanks. Will you be providing the answer on here?

8h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman No. I feel these matters should be discussed privately with the people concerned. We do not release account information.

@shoptonet I don't want account information. I want to know why people were blocked on Twitter when they raised concerns with your service.

8h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman As stated, I have no knowledge of this. Reasons for banning will be personal to the people involved & we won't discuss it openly.

@shoptonet We both know those people haven't been provided an explanation. It's disappointing, you guys used to be the only site I used.

8h ShopTo ‏@shoptonet
    @Nakerman You're absolutely right. As stated, it's being looked into, and no explanations have been given yet.

Looks like you're right, monkehhh. That's clearly a new Twitter person for Shopto, as you can see from the lack of '...' and no offensive or patronising comments. :( Bring back the cunt!!!

I'm not obsessed!
  • Deleted user 29 September 2012 08:25:37
    I checked out the ShopTo site recently to see what all the fuss was about and I really don't get it. Next Day Delivery is good and all but the prices are better on Amazon. They have better stock too.
  • dnbuk 2 Oct 2012 15:08:32 4,958 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ordered Resi 6 late Friday night and it's not turned up today. I've never had any problems with them before.
  • UnseenFear 27 Oct 2012 17:58:26 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had nothing but problems since the site re-design, and not even with the actual site. Ordered a Borderlands 2 PC code back when that came out. Was supposed to receive the code on the Thursday but after much back and forth it was eventually revealed they never received the codes from Take Two and it wouldn't be till Monday, three days after the release date. I just went ahead and cancelled at that point and paid more to get it instantly on Steam.

Then this week my copy of Forza Horizon has failed to show up so I imagine I'll probably have to wait the 15 days till I can call it missing and get a new copy. Might just be Royal Mail being shit but it's still incredibly frustrating, especially with how long you have to wait before it's officially missing.

Shopto has been pretty flawless for me for the past four years, or however long it's been. They're basically the only site I used so it's been incredibly disheartening to not even receive my last two orders from them. If Assassin's Creed III doesn't show up next week I'll flip.
  • Syrette 27 Oct 2012 18:05:07 44,211 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If they've dispatched the game then how could it be their fault? Isn't 2 weeks normal protocol for issues like this?

As for the game codes, based on what I've read on this forum I'd absolutely avoid buying digital copies of titles from ShopTo. They don't sound reliable at all.

• UnseenFear 27 Oct 2012 18:12:06 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    If they've dispatched the game then how could it be their fault? Isn't 2 weeks normal protocol for issues like this?

As for the game codes, based on what I've read on this forum I'd absolutely avoid buying digital copies of titles from ShopTo. They don't sound reliable at all.
    It's more likely the issue lies with the Royal Mail, but I'm just venting.

I don't know how long I've had my account but I've ordered 176 things on it! This is the only time I can recall anything like this happening.
  • garethcheshire 3 Nov 2012 13:35:29 7 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hello wonderful EG people!

Experiencing an issue with ShopTo. Has anyone ordered via PayPal and nothing has shown up in their ShopTo account? I have confirmation that PayPal has taken the money, usually when I pay by card everything is processed within seconds without a problem.

It seems a little strange, is this usual practise for PayPal payments or has the order messed up?

Thanks!

Gaz
  • Syrette 3 Nov 2012 13:45:13 44,211 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Call ShopTo?

• garethcheshire 3 Nov 2012 13:54:33 7 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm stuck in work and their Customer Service only operates Monday to Friday! Booo!
  • PenguinJim 3 Nov 2012 14:12:11 6,009 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Twitter? Not nearly so entertaining since they hired someone polite and competent, though. :(
  • Baleoce 5 Nov 2012 14:13:20 1,187 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh haha I remember that, did they sack that rude guy then, or just reposition him?

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• thedaveeyres 5 Nov 2012 14:18:42 11,585 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is the owner still a BNP supporter?

Say what you like about him though, but at least he makes the games come on time.

Edited by thedaveeyres at 14:19:09 05-11-2012

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• griff_dai 5 Nov 2012 18:59:59 468 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    the owner supports the BNP?
  • Zomoniac 13 Feb 2013 14:28:37 7,979 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just noticed on my card statement that a purchase I made but the site crashed halfway through had been charged but not gone through as an order. Raised a ticket and got a response to say a refund had been put through 4 minutes later. I'm impressed.
  • kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 14:42:30 10,865 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was that BNP rumour just a complete load of bollocks?

To be fair the owner could be a reanimated Hitler using the profits to fund child trafficking rings and I'd still use the site for the great prices and delivery times.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Spunkweazle 13 Feb 2013 15:26:50 470 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    7:42am order placed, 7:43 emailed confirmation of order, 7:44 emailed confirmation of dispatch (including a photo of the package with my address label)
    2 minuites from clicking till its in the hands of the royal mail.

Every so often i see a nice deal on Zavvi or Play.com, and then i remember they wont even post it for 2 days

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

• itinkuravinalaff 25 Feb 2013 18:48:29 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Normally I couldn't fault their impeccable service but put an order in other day and wondered why hadn't turned up 2 days later. Checked my account and although they took my money for said order, it was not in my orders list? After contacting them they said Oh seems like it didn't go through and that I could reorder or get refund. Still waiting for refund.

Edited by itinkuravinalaff at 18:50:59 25-02-2013
  • northernlights 6 Mar 2013 17:47:01 730 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had Tomb Raider pre ordered for about a month. It says its despatched and I have my email with its photo but I still dont have it. Shopto are usually so quick that when it doesnt arrive release day (tues) and then nothing the next Im pretty sure its lost.

I dont mind its just the 15 working days I now have to wait to get another copy sent to me when I want to play a game on release.

Anyone else had issue getting tomb raider off them ?
  • DSR3 6 Mar 2013 17:52:26 268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That is annoying, usually they are spot on. I got my copy on Monday so it's probably the royal mail.
  • ecu 6 Mar 2013 18:00:48 77,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    northernlights wrote:
    Had Tomb Raider pre ordered for about a month. It says its despatched and I have my email with its photo but I still dont have it. Shopto are usually so quick that when it doesnt arrive release day (tues) and then nothing the next Im pretty sure its lost.

I dont mind its just the 15 working days I now have to wait to get another copy sent to me when I want to play a game on release.

Anyone else had issue getting tomb raider off them ?
    Sounds like the problem is nothing to do with Shopto. Seems more likely the Royal Mail lost it.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last