SHOPTO appreciation thread

• Page

of 39 First / Last

Previous
  • NOSAVIOUR 12 Sep 2007 11:49:39 2,802 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They f*kin rock.Freepostage, next day delivery and games before release.
    Amen to that.

Now back to playing paper mario they sent thru yesterday.
  • estoo 12 Sep 2007 11:58:17 2,702 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best delivery times ever.
    Amen indeed.
  • pjmaybe 12 Sep 2007 11:59:26 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They are indeed awesome. Bit miffed that I'm never in to sign for the parcels but luckily my postal depot is just up the road so it's no biggie.

Peej
  • absolutezero 12 Sep 2007 12:01:06 7,956 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We love Igor.

Even though he waited till this morning to inform me that Shopto would'nt be able to get ahold of the L.E. Stranglehold and I had to go over to Gameplay.
  • Psychotext 12 Sep 2007 12:01:15 52,777 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think the people they just cancelled the Halo 3 legendary edition orders of are feeling too appreciative... \o/
  • NOSAVIOUR 12 Sep 2007 12:06:42 2,802 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I don't think the people they just cancelled the Halo 3 legendary edition orders of are feeling too appreciative... \o/

Not their fault thou. Noticed 'Dazzyman' was a bit pee'd off writing a disertations worth of complaint!
  • espadachin 12 Sep 2007 12:08:38 2,210 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    im a big fan of theirs, but i have had a few dips in form recently, my bioshock got to me on the day of release (every bugger else got it the day before) and most recently my medal of honour didnt have a tracking number and didnt arrive :/
    /still has 250 of pre-orders with them
  • NOSAVIOUR 12 Sep 2007 12:10:41 2,802 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    espadachin wrote:
    im a big fan of theirs, but i have had a few dips in form recently, my bioshock got to me on the day of release (every bugger else got it the day before) and most recently my medal of honour didnt have a tracking number and didnt arrive :/
    /still has 250 of pre-orders with them

I got the tin box Bioshock after ordering the standard so cant complain, and early too!
  • Dodgymat 12 Sep 2007 12:12:43 896 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Dodgymat 12 Sep 2007 12:13:39 896 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shopto.net really is an awesome company. Click here if you don't believe me.

w00t !
  • NOSAVIOUR 12 Sep 2007 12:19:33 2,802 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Do they deliver abroad?

If so, will need to try them..

No idea. But they do everything else so cant see why not...
  • nick303 12 Sep 2007 12:41:18 1,526 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Do they deliver abroad?

I think they do. I have seen people asking on their forums about delivery and i'm sure they have said they do.

Edit: Yes they ship abroad

ShopTo wrote:
    How much will my delivery cost?

ShopTo.Net offers free shipping and delivery on all products to uk customers! International delivery is 3.50 except for hardware which is calculated on weight.
  • absolutezero 12 Sep 2007 12:46:43 7,956 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Emailed Shopto about my borked Paper Mario and their response was contant Nintendo. Like thats going to do anything :/

We'll see if I still like Shopto after the out-come of this.
  • weeno 12 Sep 2007 12:46:47 721 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Do they deliver abroad?

I've used them to send to Switzerland. Package came pretty quickly and didn't have a value or anything on the package so no customs charge! \o/
  • weeno 12 Sep 2007 12:53:57 721 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been charged customs for every game from Amazon that I've ordered. I think it depends on the price of the game though...
  • mouse Moderator 12 Sep 2007 12:57:56 10,312 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They're pretty good when everything goes okay, but their order process is pretty low on the usability scale. Also, I tried to order a Wii the other day, and it kept erroring on checkout with some meaningless error, so I just abandoned the order altogether. E-tailers please note: If you tell me what's wrong then I'll fix it and give you my money, morons.
  • Psychotext 12 Sep 2007 13:00:28 52,777 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:

Not their fault thou. Noticed 'Dazzyman' was a bit pee'd off writing a disertations worth of complaint!
    Of course it is. They tried to sell too many without knowing their proper allocation.
  • Peew971 12 Sep 2007 13:07:04 4,645 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I'm really pissed off but acknowledge it's probably not their fault. Still, it's a bit harsh, specially 2 weeks before release and with no other option.
    But they are a great company. I love that they text you when your order is dispatched. Makes your day :)
  • Peew971 12 Sep 2007 13:07:57 4,645 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Of course it is. They tried to sell too many without knowing their proper allocation.
    Yeah, you're right :/
  • RichardAM 12 Sep 2007 13:10:49 330 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Copy of Stranglehold arrived today- ahead of it's release on Friday!
  • mouse Moderator 12 Sep 2007 13:18:11 10,312 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    I don't like them, they wont deliver to my work addy.

Yeah you have to place two orders with them first before they trust you enough to send it to somewhere other than your billing address. While I appreciate their concerns about security, my #1 bugbear is not being able to choose where my shit gets delivered.
  • mouse Moderator 12 Sep 2007 13:35:16 10,312 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well quite! Play's policy of not delivering to your choice of venue when a product is over a certain price is similarly absurd.
  • Peew971 12 Sep 2007 13:44:36 4,645 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oups, there is actually something I don't like about them. With signed for packages, in you're not home, your game is gone :/
  • Derblington 12 Sep 2007 13:47:32 20,961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like them though I haven't used them since I moved so I don't know what the delivery times will be like to Sweden. I may shift to Amazon if they're crap.
  • gareth886 12 Sep 2007 13:53:24 2,841 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ShopTo Rock. Every retailer has its qwirks and problems, but for speedy delivery and excellent prices ShopTo rule.
  • Peew971 12 Sep 2007 23:38:29 4,645 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From Shopto Forum:
    The LE was putup for preorder based on figures given to us by our distributor, we were then letdown. We only found out we were getting our allocation Monday, prior to that we thought we had enough coming to meet ALL preorders. We reopened preorders earlier as we thought we had increased our allocation. What is the point is us letting you preorder only to have to cancel it? We don't get any money if we can't supply you with the game so we normally only preorder what we know we have. In this case we were let down, and thus had to let you (our customers) down. I hope this doesn't put you off using our site, and for future reference all our preorders are based on figures supplied by distributor. If we hit the number of preorders then preorders are closed. The only time we will ever let you down for preorders is if the distributor lets US down. I feel as let down as most of you do as i wish i could have supplied each and everyone of you with a Limited Edition!
  • allen 13 Sep 2007 00:42:03 657 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:
    Oups, there is actually something I don't like about them. With signed for packages, in you're not home, your game is gone :/
    do they use royal mail? depot is close so that would actually be good for me.

if contracted out and normal release day being friday (only day no-one is in the house) could be an issue for me =[
  • Deleted user 13 September 2007 07:18:17
    Another vote for Shopto here - yeah, it can be inconvenient with the whole registered mail thing, but 'your game is gone'? Not their fault if someone else signs for and steals your game!
  • ram 13 Sep 2007 08:00:21 3,466 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Owen-B wrote:
    Another vote for Shopto here - yeah, it can be inconvenient with the whole registered mail thing, but 'your game is gone'? Not their fault if someone else signs for and steals your game!

Shopto are very good. The only problem I had with them was when one of my games disappeared into Postman Pats pockets. To get them to send them a new one you have to fill out a form and post it snailmail. Unfortunately the procedure for this is so unclear on their website it took me about 10 days and a few emails to customer services to realise I had to post it the old fashioned way.

Movietyme pulled off a miracle yesterday, ordered Heroes HD-DVD Monday afternoon and it arrived from the US, Tuesday morning. BEAT THAT!
  • Peew971 13 Sep 2007 08:03:28 4,645 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    allen wrote:
    Peew971 wrote:
    do they use royal mail? depot is close so that would actually be good for me.

if contracted out and normal release day being friday (only day no-one is in the house) could be an issue for me =[
    They use Royal Mail but I think the depot asks you to wait for 48hrs before claiming your package.
  • Page

of 39 First / Last

Previous