All-New PSN Store Update Thread Page 345

• Page

of 369 First / Last

• kentmonkey 8 May 2013 18:48:51 20,771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Ni No Kuni for 20, definitely sold.

Will game sharing work with that as well (as in it can be run on two accounts/machines)?
    Anyone? Not sure if "full" games are exempt from that.
  • ZuluHero 8 May 2013 18:54:33 4,201 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    Ni No Kuni actually any good?

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of studio ghibli, the art style and playing as a 12 year old boy trying to save his mum or some thing doesn't do anything for me(cute characters and awww so heart warming, ugh, give me a bucket).

But is there a lot of interesting things to do? Crafting, Monster arena, super secret dungeons with super secret bosses, etc?

Need a new beefy role playing game to sink my teeth into.
    I am a fan of ghibli and couldn't really play it past 10 hours. Its beautiful but moves at a snails pace.

There is a pokemon esque gotta catch em all aspect to the familiars if you like that sort of thing. Again, I am not.

Edited by ZuluHero at 18:55:55 08-05-2013
  • kentmonkey 8 May 2013 19:09:41 20,771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just seen that it's 22gb download. That would take almost 20 hours on my internet connection, and also the large majority of my 60gb hdd. So, I'm out I guess.
  • Triggerhappytel 8 May 2013 20:20:14 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kentmonkey
    I've got a spare 80gb HDD which you're welcome to have if you want? I know it's not a lot bigger, but might make a small difference for you.
  • heavy_salad 8 May 2013 21:27:51 729 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Folant I thought it was bobbins tbh. Looks great, some great voice acting too, etc. but they forgot to actually include the actual 'game' part of it. Also the combat is terrible.
  • Triggerhappytel 8 May 2013 22:14:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Folant wrote:
    Ni No Kuni actually any good?

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of studio ghibli, the art style and playing as a 12 year old boy trying to save his mum or some thing doesn't do anything for me(cute characters and awww so heart warming, ugh, give me a bucket).

But is there a lot of interesting things to do? Crafting, Monster arena, super secret dungeons with super secret bosses, etc?

Need a new beefy role playing game to sink my teeth into.
    Played Dragon's Dogma? One of my favourite games of last year; I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Edit - for clarity, I haven't played NNK past the demo so can't comment on it, although I strongly disliked the combat. Just offering up an alternative for consideration.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 22:15:38 08-05-2013
  • Folant 8 May 2013 22:22:22 1,359 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Give it a wide berth then and look for something else.

Cheers fellas.

@above
    Yeah, one of my favorite games this gen, picking up dark arisen next week when I get paid as well, was after something else alongside it that I hadn't played yet.

Edited by Folant at 22:25:04 08-05-2013

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Triggerhappytel 8 May 2013 22:39:29 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I personally wouldn't play two games as weighty as NNK and DD side-by-side. I'd go for something simple and throwaway as my backup, like Sega Racing 2, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or God of War. All of which are awesome and I would recommend, by the way.
  • kentmonkey 8 May 2013 23:32:05 20,771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    @kentmonkey
    I've got a spare 80gb HDD which you're welcome to have if you want? I know it's not a lot bigger, but might make a small difference for you.
    That's really nice of you. What would I need to do to transfer everything over (downloaded games, etc.)? Never done this before.
  • Triggerhappytel 9 May 2013 01:46:40 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know you can do a complete backup - presumably to an external memory storage or a PC - although I understand it takes hours and I've never done it myself. Do you have data limits on how much you can download, on your home broadband? It might well be easier to just re-download files onto your new HDD when installed. The main thing to backup is save files; all the better if you have PS+, as your saves will be stored on Sony's servers. Otherwise you can just save these to a memory stick. When you put a new HDD in it automatically formats, although you might need a copy of the latest firmware saved to a memory stick, although it needs to be saved under the correct file name or the PS3 won't recognise it.

You can find out mos of this stuff through Google or YouTube and it will explain it better than I can. It's fairly simple albeit time consuming.
  • DodgyPast 9 May 2013 10:27:55 8,493 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Problem with a backup is you need 2 drives... One for the backup and a 2nd that's the upgrade. It's also painfully slow... More than 12 hours for a 320 gb backup and roughly the same for the reinstall. Still, it did work smoothly.
  • SFD 9 May 2013 10:44:14 506 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Easiest way is to use a 2nd PS3 with the new HDD in it and transfer via Ethernet. Provided you have a friend or family member willing to help you out.
  • kosigan 9 May 2013 11:25:18 472 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SFD - each hard drive is encrypted to the machine it's in, so that wouldn't work as you couldn't take the hard drive from the second PS3 and put it in your one.
  • Sharzam 9 May 2013 11:42:23 3,018 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I used my pc. Took drive out of the ps3 and put it into my pc as just standard sata drive.

Then put a copy of the firmware on a usb stick (avaliable from ps website). Put new drive into the ps3 and plugged in the usb stick which allowed the firmware to be installed properly.

Lastly with the old drive contents safe on my pc I copied what I wanted. The important part is to get the firmware onto the new drive.

Worth pointing out I don't have any Internet caps so was happy to redownload some things.

Edited by Sharzam at 11:43:21 09-05-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• SFD 9 May 2013 19:54:23 506 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Triggerhappytel 9 May 2013 20:06:36 2,695 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Worth pointing out I don't have any Internet caps so was happy to redownload some things.
    Yeah, me neither, and I have a 60mb speed, so the couple of times my HDD has died on me in the past it's not been too problematic to just re download what I wanted. In fact, the most awkward part of the whole scenario is having to go through my whole download list of 1000+ items on the PSN store with no way to filter them and separate demos from purchases, etc. I hope they sort that next gen.
  • SFD 9 May 2013 20:11:47 506 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My bad, meant to edit. Ignore me anyway, got my wires crossed.
  • kentmonkey 9 May 2013 20:15:36 20,771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I also have data limits on my broadband until November when it's up for renewal.

Bollocks. Sounds like it's not a goer at the moment. :o(
  • mrpon 9 May 2013 20:19:32 29,190 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought you could adjust your package at any point in your contract? Certainly can with plusnet.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• kentmonkey 9 May 2013 20:27:24 20,771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not with O2, due to the takeover with Sky. I got free broadband for nine months, but can't change or opt out without a fee (I think it's 50) plus then paying for broadband each month (15ish).

I can only get 3mb where I live. No fibre.
  • spindle9988 11 May 2013 10:26:00 3,624 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone know why ni no kuni is in 2 parts to download?
  • santashi 11 May 2013 11:22:54 5,166 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't think they necessarily are easy to port over in all cases. Digital Devil Saga has been waiting for a patch so that it can be released for ages now.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• evildunksta 11 May 2013 13:52:27 225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Sharzam
    How'd you do that? i've tried connecting a PS3 formatted drive to my pc but it cannot be read by windows. AFAIK the PS3 uses a proprietry file system to ensure that data cannot be transferred in the way that you've described.
  • Sharzam 11 May 2013 19:20:15 3,018 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @evildunksta

Correct you cant simpley view the drive in my computer in windows, like you can with a standard drive. However the data is still physically on the drive and so you can clone it using other means, when i was playing around with stuff i was using Linux so i cant remember the exact steps involved.

Probably easier to just backup to the cloud, but that wasn't an option when i put in my hard drive. Also any data will only actually work on the registered PS3.

Edited by Sharzam at 19:32:04 11-05-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Page

of 369 First / Last