Fight Night Round 4 Page 30

• Page

of 30 First / Last

Next
  • kentmonkey 20 Jul 2009 19:11:38 20,681 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sorry Franko, I traded it in today otherwise I would have liked that. I got fed up of the online mode, the awfully inept Legacy mode and how easy it is for people to abuse the sway/dodge. That and the fact that nobody on here seems to be playing it anymore seemed to suggest that the novelty had worn off.
  • samk 20 Jul 2009 20:26:35 703 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've also traded mine too. Very disappointed.

Legacy:

Legacy turns into an utter slog with fights playing out virtually the same. Took me 30 fights to get a title shot, which is just far too long. tbh it just got tedious. By the end I put it on the amateur skill level and nerfed the AI in the settings so I could just get knockouts in 1-2 rounds and finish it quickly.

Though I only played through Legacy mode once, I'm pretty sure repeated playthroughs would follow the same path with my boxer ending up with a similar spread of stats; ie I wouldn't be able to tailor my boxer's stats for a specific tactic, I'd just simply end up once again concentrating on the training games I wasn't completely shit at, and as such my stats would end up roughly the same.

Speaking of the training games, they really are wank. The sparring ones were ridiculously easy. Heavy Bag Combos often misinterpreted my analog stick inputs and I ended up blaming the game for this not myself. Heavy Bag Push seemed random, sometimes I'd do well, other times rubbish. Double End Bag I didn't once get a Champion rating, it was faaaar too hard, and because I couldn't increase my foot speed it remained very difficult. The only training I remotely enjoyed was the Maize Bag, but it got old after playing it three-dozen times.

Crucially, the training games do not get easier if you put the game on an easier skill level, which seems like a major oversight.

The simulated time is totally pointless. Just fast forward to my next training/fight for God's sake.

The emails are totally pointless too. I don't know why they bothered. The same info is spammed at you over and over again. Did nobody in the dev team really realise "yo guys, this feature is bloody awful"?

Wasn't at all interested in the retirements or awards either. Giving out an award for the 'fight of the year' or whatever is pointless if you can't actually watch it. The awards just come across as the devs picking random names out of a hat to fill the awards.

Online:

I had several fights before I'd had enough. In every single one my opponent spammed the low body punches; it clobbers your stamina while theirs never depletes. For this reason alone the gameplay is effectively broken.

Technically very good, but the gameplay needs a serious patch and Legacy needs a total overhall.
  • L_Franko Moderator 21 Jul 2009 09:45:21 9,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Sorry Franko, I traded it in today otherwise I would have liked that. I got fed up of the online mode, the awfully inept Legacy mode and how easy it is for people to abuse the sway/dodge. That and the fact that nobody on here seems to be playing it anymore seemed to suggest that the novelty had worn off.

No worries.

I think adding the sway to the game was not really the best choice as people do find themselfs a bit dependant on it.
    I did start using it quite abit myself earlier on and found myself doing it a number of times every round without thinking about it. Got myself out of that rut now and only use it a couple of times a match when the opponent makes it obvious they are going for a big punch.
    Made myself get back into moving my fighter left, right, back and forward with the right stick like I did in FN 3 and I've noticed I can make the opponet miss more punches that way and it just looks like a more life like strategy than swaying all over the ring.

I will be keeping hold of this for a little longer as I do still enjoy playing the computer its just a shame they changed a few things from FN3 as I probably did enjoy that one a bit more than this one.
  • ram 29 Jul 2009 09:02:03 3,478 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had about 4 fights online last night that used the buttons for punches.

It was very strange, as the fight loaded the control screen said something like Control Figuration TXT_583242_Something_Something. The first time I tried to use the right stick as normal to punch and all it would do was move the guard up. I then worked out the 4 buttons were now punches. The LB button used in conjunction with a face button was haymaker modifier.

I couldn't work out how to do body shots. LT was the same for low shots but I couldn't get normal body shots. After about 4 matches with the button config it automatically went back to the normal layout.

Very weird.
  • Mike_Hunt 29 Jul 2009 10:36:12 23,513 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The button patch has been released already?!

[MH]
  • cjb_bjc 29 Jul 2009 11:26:33 1,086 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No the button patch aint out yet, not on the PS3 anyway. I love fight night, but this version although technically the best has some major design flaws( as everyone else has stated) and the most annoying this is it crashes for me!! All The TIME!! How can you release a game like this before properly testing it, im considering giving it back, i wanna become GOAT but my legacy wont let me move up in weight! It just freezes, all my training sessions now freeze and at the end of fights it freezes! What the hell am i suppose to do about that?? lol.
  • SomaticSense 29 Jul 2009 12:24:51 8,276 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've started to only play it offline now, thanks to the suggestion above, and the freezing has totally stopped. Which means it's definitely something to do with EA's servers if you ask me.

Or it could even be down to the sports news ticker they've had for the last few EA Sports games. I remember having to play FIFA09 offline because of some horrible freezing problems when connected offline. The freezing in FNR4 for me always came after a fight or training just before the ticker would normally load up, so that would be where I'd point my finger as it's too much of a coincidence.

Having to load that extra constantly streaming info can't be easy on the game.
  • LFMartins 27 Aug 2009 18:25:27 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There´s a new demo out on the Marketplace .
    "Play as the legendary heavyweights Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali to see who would win the ultimate showdown. Or relive the Ricky Hatton vs. Manny Pacquiao match. The demo features the final tuned product with the addition of the button configuration and a body spamming fix."
  • Mike_Hunt 28 Aug 2009 12:05:26 23,513 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oooh!

[MH]
  • Mike_Hunt 2 Sep 2009 22:24:57 23,513 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've played the demo, the buttons have transformed the game. It's much more fun to play now, mainly because the boxer actually does what I want him to. I can't wait for the official patch.

I'm still not overjoyed with the counter system, but round 4 offers many other advantages, so I'm happy to overlook that.

[MH]
  • M_of_the_sys 30 Sep 2009 22:01:16 1,154 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's taken all the skill out of the online mode. I have to start using buttons now :-(
  • Bushkinboy84 3 Oct 2009 12:09:18 57 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anyone know how to uppercut using the button system?!
    Its alot easier to play using the buttons i have to say, my thumbs dont get as sore now!
    just dont know how to uppercut or do bodyshots!
  • OllyJ 30 Nov 2009 09:58:51 3,264 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well a new patch is coming out very soon that basically punishes spammers! greatly reduces stamina for everything they do!!

Saying that thoguh I am literally "This close" to giving up on it, the progress is just so achingly slow, training modes are garbage and it's one of the worst presented games I've ever seen.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 22 Dec 2009 01:46:07 9,819 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing this loads lately, especially Legacy mode, and it's great fun. Started off at LHW, won two titles after 24 fights and have recently moved up to HW and won both my fights there. Tyson is one place above me in the rankings but I might duck him for now.

I haven't bothered with the training for the reasons explained in this thread, I just auto-trained my boxer to a pretty decent level. One feature I would have liked in Legacy mode is for my boxer's stats to improve immediately after a fight. For example, if I landed a lot of right hand punches in a fight then my right hand power stat should increase, and if my punch accuracy is high in a fight then my boxer's punch accuracy stat should increase. Sometimes moving up a few places in the rankings seem little reward for a gruelling, challenging fight.

I started off with a boring 'in and out' strategy but have recently become a very adept counter puncher with a much higher KO percentage :)
  • Deckard1 24 Mar 2010 09:37:12 27,981 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    any EG'ers still play this? (analogue sticks only)

I haven't played it for ages and fancied a few games, but the online is horrible with randoms.
  • OnionRings 8 Apr 2010 22:41:48 296 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't think this guy will be making it professional after this moment

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/18753509
  • AaronTurner 14 Jun 2010 15:21:08 7,736 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did they ever fix the crummy training for this game? I really fancy another go at it but the training ruined it for me, I could never have a decent fighter by the time I got to the major fights in career mode.
  • OnionRings 22 Jul 2010 14:40:52 296 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Worked my way slowly up to the top end of the Welterweight division. Losing 3 fights all against the created Zab Judah :L Biggest fight of my career came for the championship. Me vs the created Margarito. I have around a 33% KO ratio most from my earliest fights and this is what I did to him in the 1st round :D Ended by me finally keeping him down in the 10th :)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/24741210
  • jonsaan 22 Jul 2010 14:43:07 25,352 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /eats onion rings

FCUTA!

• OnionRings 23 Jul 2010 17:02:24 296 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My posts never get any attention or response just my name :( Too distracting.
  • OnionRings 23 Jul 2010 17:02:25 296 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My posts never get any attention or response just my name :( Too distracting.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 30 First / Last

Next