Fight Night Round 4

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

    Previous
  • Calgon 5 Sep 2007 15:57:28 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No its not an announcement but a question - muahah :D

    Where is it? This is an EA IP that sold a shedload and how long ago did it come out?(I may be wrong but Im thinking close to 2 years).

    I ask because if I am lucky enough to be able to purchase a 360 this year then Fight Night Round 3 is on the maybes list unless Fight Night Round 4 is on the way. Theres been no word of what the team are up to, are they going to surprise us?(seems like a good year to release a boxing game).
  • pjmaybe 5 Sep 2007 15:58:11 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They just finished the Def Jam scrapper so they're probably off drinking some juice and gin and getting some deep dick action with some hoes.

    Peej
  • Calgon 5 Sep 2007 15:58:52 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh thats the same team? AKI members?
  • pjmaybe 5 Sep 2007 16:01:21 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    S'right.

    I would love to see Fight Night round 4 though. Singularly one of the best fighting games on ANY platform, let alone the 360 / PS3.

    Peej
  • glaeken 5 Sep 2007 16:08:02 11,142 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where would you go with the next game in the series?

    Ok you could make it prettier which is given but what else?
  • WrongShui 5 Sep 2007 16:10:14 6,609 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Training montages.
  • Calgon 5 Sep 2007 16:11:19 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Improved graphics, audio and controls obviously and...

    More boxers?(some are missing from it like Tyson and Lewis I hear)

    Better Career mode?

    /stole these from my earlier search on it :D

    Some of my own then...

    Online tournaments/career,

    Improved training minigames for your boxers.
  • malteaserhead 5 Sep 2007 16:13:29 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Where would you go with the next game in the series?

    Ok you could make it prettier which is given but what else?

    No button controls. None.
    /stick fascist ;)

    emm... loads of boxers and lots of classics for all weights
    /dances McGuigan style out of thread
  • billythekid 5 Sep 2007 16:14:33 11,103 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gamer face thing or whatever its called, from the camera.
  • pjmaybe 5 Sep 2007 16:16:33 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd like to see a career damage thing.

    Other than that, more gore, more spit, and more realistic between-round heal ups.

    More classic boxers.

    Do away with all that nancy boy clothing crap in the shop.

    Peej
  • kalel 5 Sep 2007 16:16:54 86,955 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    malteaserhead wrote:No button controls. None.
    /stick fascist ;)

    Agreed. I'd like to see the "special' moves removed to be honest, or at least reduce their potency and their magical stamina recharging ability.

  • Calgon 5 Sep 2007 16:17:38 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah they could do a mini-game for the cuts guy inbetween rounds, magic sponge too.. :D
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Sep 2007 16:19:12 37,795 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've never got round to playing Round 3 over Live. Is it worth me giving it a go?

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • El_MUERkO 5 Sep 2007 16:20:02 16,973 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    malteaserhead wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    Where would you go with the next game in the series?

    Ok you could make it prettier which is given but what else?

    No button controls. None.
    /stick fascist ;)

    emm... loads of boxers and lots of classics for all weights
    /dances McGuigan style out of thread
    physics based animation with zero clipping would be good
  • malteaserhead 5 Sep 2007 16:21:06 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I'd like to see the "special' moves removed to be honest, or at least reduce their potency and their magical stamina recharging ability.

    Oh yes, haymaker balancing needs looked at.
  • pjmaybe 5 Sep 2007 16:21:27 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Special punch which, when used, causes the boxer's head to spring out of their neck with a comedic "ZING!" noise.

    Peej
  • d0bbo 5 Sep 2007 16:21:46 688 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    Training montages.

    lol, you should be able to play as Rocky Balboa as well.
  • Derblington 5 Sep 2007 16:23:31 21,500 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The team (I forget the name) are currently working on a new Marvel beat'em up...
  • pjmaybe 5 Sep 2007 16:26:06 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh what a waste...

    Peej
  • ilmaestro 5 Sep 2007 16:26:38 32,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Calgon wrote:
    (seems like a good year to release a boxing game).
    Yep, would have been a perfect end of year release with Haye, Calzaghe and Hatton in action in a pretty short space of time.

    I still don't own Round 3 for some unfathomable reason - at first I figured it would be about as good as EA's other first gen 360 titles, and by the time I realized it was probably worth getting I thought 'oh well, might as well wait for next year's, now'.

    edit:

    Derblington wrote:
    The team (I forget the name) are currently working on a new Marvel beat'em up...
    Oh dear. :(

    4235

  • Deleted user 5 September 2007 16:27:36
    Scary. I was just thinking about making a thread asking where this is yesterday.
  • El_MUERkO 5 Sep 2007 16:29:27 16,973 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    tbh i'm more interested in THQs UFC game which looks eye-popplingly-stunning
  • pjmaybe 5 Sep 2007 16:31:33 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Calgon wrote:
    (seems like a good year to release a boxing game).
    Yep, would have been a perfect end of year release with Haye, Calzaghe and Hatton in action in a pretty short space of time.

    I still don't own Round 3 for some unfathomable reason - at first I figured it would be about as good as EA's other first gen 360 titles, and by the time I realized it was probably worth getting I thought 'oh well, might as well wait for next year's, now'.

    edit:

    Derblington wrote:
    The team (I forget the name) are currently working on a new Marvel beat'em up...
    Oh dear. :(

    The only two EA first-gen 360 titles I own (Burnout Revenge and this) are both stunning though!

    Peej
  • Deleted user 5 September 2007 16:34:37
    I'm annoyingly addicted to Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 at the moment.

    ..

    I dunno why, I don't particularly like wrasslin'.
  • FooAtari 5 Sep 2007 16:35:09 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Less advertising please. The BK and Dodge stuff was a bit OTT.
  • ilmaestro 5 Sep 2007 16:36:24 32,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    The only two EA first-gen 360 titles I own (Burnout Revenge and this) are both stunning though!

    Peej
    Yeah, it seems to have only affected traditional EA Sports games the worst. Shame I didn't realize.

    4235

  • Universal_Hamster 5 Sep 2007 16:36:37 4,948 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Calgon wrote:
    Yeah they could do a mini-game for the cuts guy inbetween rounds, magic sponge too.. :D
    It... Soaks up germs?

    I guess as far as gameplay goes, I'd like to see parrying being toned down a bit, as well as the super punches. Its irritating playing it online against some absolute cucking funt who spams superpunch after superpunch. Some of them are gonna land, and give him the edge.
    Better online modes would be great. How about proper online tournaments that can be saved and resumed later, with save and shareable replays and highlights?
    Sorting out the clipping would be great, as would more nasty detail in the damage model as has been already said.
    They really need to make the training modes more fun, (And with perhaps a skip training option that doesnt penalise you, as the minigames get really fucking dull after a while.)
    Finally, having the career mode injected with a bit more drama and personality somehow would be fandabbydozie. Not sure how they should go about this though.
  • ilmaestro 5 Sep 2007 16:41:46 32,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, is it still a haymaker fest? Maybe that's why I avoided it and I just forgot.

    4235

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Sep 2007 16:44:59 37,795 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    I'm annoyingly addicted to Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 at the moment.

    ..

    I dunno why, I don't particularly like wrasslin'.
    It's a good game though. The SD games are generally a lot of fun. They're what got me back into wrestling.

    I'm a big enough sucker to buy it each year though. I must be stupid.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Page

    of 30 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply