Sopranos Series 6: Episode 13

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Nick Staff 2 Sep 2007 13:03:04 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was just idly browsing the interweb and found that the second part of Sopranos Series 6 starts tonight on E4!? I can't believe I haven't clocked any trailers for this, but for those who haven't downloaded it (like me) you will want to check it out - 10:00PM tonight, repeated on Tuesday at 10:40PM.

• TwistidChimp 2 Sep 2007 13:04:14 8,825 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still waiting for any channel to start showing the entire thing from the beginning. I've only dipped in and out of it over the years but would quite like to see the whole thing from start to finish at some point.
  • Nick Staff 2 Sep 2007 13:30:37 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    I'm still waiting for any channel to start showing the entire thing from the beginning. I've only dipped in and out of it over the years but would quite like to see the whole thing from start to finish at some point.

Yeh, I know what you mean - I think probably your best bet is to buy or borrow the DVD sets really and then you can watch at leisure - its too good to wait a week between episodes!
  • manuel_garcia 3 Sep 2007 14:01:53 4,079 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, you're in for a treat if you haven't seen the last half of Season 6 yet. Pretty much every episode is superb. Perfect way to go out.
  • UncleLou Moderator 3 Sep 2007 14:03:11 35,519 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /covers eyes

I hate you all.

/waits for PAL DVD release
  • Machiavel 3 Sep 2007 14:33:46 5,964 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The change in Tony's character throughout is fascinating - and with a heavy heart I suppose it's deserved and sets up the perfect ending.
  • GingerMagician 3 Sep 2007 14:37:36 3,012 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fruit_Salad wrote:
    It's nice when the Autumn tv shedules start to kick in and we finally start to get some decent television, away from all the summer television shedules which is filled with reality tv bollocks and Davina McCall acting like a tw*t (or to put it another way... being herself).
    There's been plenty of decent stuff on throughout the summer if you know where to look:

Dexter
    The Shield
    Studio 60
    Sleeper Cell: American Terror
    Brothers & Sisters (a little "chick-ish", but great cast)
    Dirt

Plus FX are showing The Wire from the very first ep to the end of season 4 every Monday night. Best TV series ever made, multi-layered, blah blah blah.......
  • pistol 3 Sep 2007 14:59:56 13,019 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nick wrote:
    I was just idly browsing the interweb and found that the second part of Sopranos Series 6 starts tonight on E4!? I can't believe I haven't clocked any trailers for this, but for those who haven't downloaded it (like me) you will want to check it out - 10:00PM tonight, repeated on Tuesday at 10:40PM.

I have seen the final series already but wish I hadn't now.

You'll love it..
  • rauper Staff 3 Sep 2007 15:05:20 3,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The start of the last series is awesome and it just gets better and better. OMGZ.
  • tigernuts 7 Sep 2007 11:39:33 29 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Glad to read that the episodes are superb as I felt a slight tingle of disappointment at the frst half of the series.

I like to give people mafia-man-hugs with lots of back slapping because of this wonderful show.
  • Nick Staff 25 Oct 2007 18:13:45 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Did anyone see last Sundays Sopranos, the penultimate episode in Series 6? I watched it right until the end but Sky+ decided to lop off the last 2 minutes, so I've no idea what (if anything) happens after Tony and crew get holed-up in their safe house. Anyone?! (No series spoilers please!)
  • Cuchulainn 25 Oct 2007 18:18:29 845 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nick wrote:
    Did anyone see last Sundays Sopranos, the penultimate episode in Series 6? I watched it right until the end but Sky+ decided to lop off the last 2 minutes, so I've no idea what (if anything) happens after Tony and crew get holed-up in their safe house. Anyone?! (No series spoilers please!)

Saw it a while ago, but as far as I can remember: not much. Tony goes upstairs with the rifle Bobby gave him earlier in the series and falls asleep on the bed with it on his lap.
  • Nick Staff 25 Oct 2007 18:45:40 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cuchulainn wrote:
    Saw it a while ago, but as far as I can remember: not much. Tony goes upstairs with the rifle Bobby gave him earlier in the series and falls asleep on the bed with it on his lap.

Ah, thanks! I didn't think I missed much because Sopranos often ends with a moody moment rather than a cliff-hanger but I needed to find out!!
  • Nick Staff 25 Oct 2007 18:46:14 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fruit_Salad[mod] wrote:
    Not much. This is the only programme Sky+ keeps doing this on. It did the same thing the week before too.

Yeah, its annoying. I'm not taking any chances so I've changed the settings on my box to record another 10 minutes at the end of every programme...
  • Stickman 25 Oct 2007 19:16:22 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GAT YO'SELF A GUUUUUN! GAT YO'SELF A GUUUUUN!

Best opening credits ever.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Machiavel 30 Oct 2007 15:14:49 5,964 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, brilliant wasn't it? (once you've worriedly checked that your TV didn't cut out)

I like to think he's left in his own, paranoid hell - no better off than we saw him at the beginning of the first episode and indeed a lot worse, with most of his 'friends' dead and only Pauli and family for company.
  • Stickman 30 Oct 2007 15:18:25 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I agree. Some people are saying that he gets taken out, but I think it's just to show how once you're in the gangster business, everything and everyone must be treated with paranoia, and that Tony will have no release from it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 30 Oct 2007 15:19:16 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Might be an idea to put spoiler warnings on this, although if you read the title and don't expect it, you should be clipped.

Bada-bing!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 30 Oct 2007 15:34:52 29,666 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hah! Yeah, that was pretty fucked up! Put it in 'park' dumbass!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• craigy Staff 30 Oct 2007 15:34:52 7,602 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Comeuppance!
  • Deleted user 30 October 2007 15:40:04
    Here's a billion words about the final episode...

Here
  • Nick Staff 30 Oct 2007 15:52:41 618 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Awesome - I think I better watch it again though 'cos I didn't get (much) of all that shit that bloke was going on about :)
  • Dougs 2 Nov 2007 10:09:08 67,302 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Brilliant, brilliant last episode. That last scene has to be up there with some of the best telly I have ever seen. The tension they built was fantastic, and you're just waiting for them all to get done over. It's left to us to decide.

Personally, I agree with Stickman. This is it for the rest of his life, forever looking over his shoulder.

That Bob Harris link was an interesting read too. Although there were some really tenuous links.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next