I hate Facebook Page 85

  • Page

    of 88 First / Last

  • kusonpadam 31 Jul 2014 10:52:39 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I have never used facebook
  • AceGrace 31 Jul 2014 10:54:02 1,593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can someone explain what the ordering is on the feed?

    One minute I am reading through posts, then hit F5 and older posts appear at the top.

    www.performathon.co.uk

    The easy way to find local, live musicians and entertainment.

  • Zomoniac 31 Jul 2014 10:54:17 8,264 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kusonpadam wrote:
    I have never used facebook
    That was definitely a worthy first post.
  • Zomoniac 31 Jul 2014 10:54:57 8,264 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AceGrace wrote:
    Can someone explain what the ordering is on the feed?

    One minute I am reading through posts, then hit F5 and older posts appear at the top.
    It's entirely random. Click the little down arrow next to News Feed on the sidebar and switch it from Top Stories to Most Recent.
  • Alastair 31 Jul 2014 10:57:04 16,766 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Top Stories is a massive crock of shit in my opinion. But it seems to be based on the number of likes and comments, even for older posts.
  • SYS64738 31 Jul 2014 10:59:48 1,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can someone explain this please:

    I just logged on with my dummy account (which I haven't used in a few months), and after logging on I get the following message:

    "Recently, there was a security incident on another website unrelated to Facebook. Facebook was not directly affected by the incident, but your Facebook account is at risk because you were using the same password in both places.
    To help keep your Facebook account secure, we'll take you through a few steps to change your password and make sure any recent changes to your account came from you."

    How can they know I'm using the same password elsewhere? Is it because I'm currently logged into another website in a second browser tab with the same password, or are they just making this up to force me change it on theirs?

    PSN: SYS64738_UK

  • askew 31 Jul 2014 11:03:36 13,210 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Either with your IP address as a single item, or a device fingerprint (i.e combination of browser, operating system, IP, location)
  • AceGrace 31 Jul 2014 11:16:01 1,593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    AceGrace wrote:
    Can someone explain what the ordering is on the feed?

    One minute I am reading through posts, then hit F5 and older posts appear at the top.
    It's entirely random. Click the little down arrow next to News Feed on the sidebar and switch it from Top Stories to Most Recent.

    Cheers

    www.performathon.co.uk

    The easy way to find local, live musicians and entertainment.

  • SYS64738 31 Jul 2014 12:08:27 1,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    askew wrote:
    Either with your IP address as a single item, or a device fingerprint (i.e combination of browser, operating system, IP, location)
    Weird. Still don't quite get how they would be able to tell a password is the same as theirs, given it should be encrypted somehow (am not an expert on this so may just talk rubbish). Ah well it's a fake profile anyways so even if it gets hijacked some day no damage done whatsoever.

    Just checked up on a few long-lost friends and former colleagues, apart from 1-2 individuals plastering their whole lives on their timeline without any privacy settings in place, really not much is happening. Either people are only using private messages nowadays or just leave their profiles idle. Was contemplating once or twice to re-join FB to keep in touch with people but seems I've not missed much at all.

    Edited by SYS64738 at 12:08:54 31-07-2014

    PSN: SYS64738_UK

  • ILoveThrashMetal 2 Aug 2014 21:18:34 941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Help please.
    My laptop ate my hard drive last night, replaced it with one I had spare.
    Now when the wife tries to log onto facebook she is presented with a message 'it looks like you haven't logged in from this browser before. Please enter the security code from your phone below "
    She doesn't think she ever put her number into facebook, no texts have been received anyway.
    Have tried logging in by mobile browser and by facebook app.
    Google doesn't seem to throw up any help either.
    All help greatly appreciated.

    Arsechickens

  • PES_Fanboy 2 Aug 2014 21:24:13 22,148 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Use this opportunity to stage her death for profit.

    Nobody would believe a female just gave up Facebook and you can live like kings on the paid up insurance policies
  • ILoveThrashMetal 2 Aug 2014 21:39:16 941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @PES_Fanboy ha!  No insurance I'm afraid.

    Arsechickens

  • HelloNo 2 Aug 2014 22:56:37 1,465 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All I can say is give Facebook a message, sounds like a glitch.
  • Jono62 2 Aug 2014 23:16:58 14,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ILoveThrashMetal http://imgur.com/80npx1n

    In the Facebook app, look for the code generator as seen in the picture above. On Android it's in the right hand side menu near the bottom.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 3 Aug 2014 01:29:18 941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    http://imgur.com/80npx1n

    In the Facebook app, look for the code generator as seen in the picture above. On Android it's in the right hand side menu near the bottom.
    I've tried dude but it won't let her in unless she was linked to the facebook app in the first place (if that makes sense). She has never used it on anything else other than the laptop.

    Arsechickens

  • Jono62 3 Aug 2014 09:49:12 14,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ILoveThrashMetal Very odd. Best to contact Facebook to ask what is going on!
  • Jono62 26 Aug 2014 20:15:57 14,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All I'm getting on my news feed is ice bucket challenges videos. Its very annoying.
  • beastmaster 28 Aug 2014 21:44:43 12,563 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been nominated for Ice Bucket. I hate this whole thing out of general principle and refuse to do it. Let's see what happens as it's someone from work who's nominated me.

    I just fucking hate the whole "Look at me thing!". I also hate ice! What kind of stupid fucking idea is this anyway? I get a drop of cold water on me in the shower and I go into shock.

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • whatfruit 28 Aug 2014 21:49:19 1,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    I've been nominated for Ice Bucket. I hate this whole thing out of general principle and refuse to do it. Let's see what happens as it's someone from work who's nominated me.

    I just fucking hate the whole "Look at me thing!". I also hate ice! What kind of stupid fucking idea is this anyway? I get a drop of cold water on me in the shower and I go into shock.
    Because you donate then nominate someone else to donate and dunk. Did you not see pay it foward?

    bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

  • beastmaster 28 Aug 2014 21:51:08 12,563 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    whatfruit wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    I've been nominated for Ice Bucket. I hate this whole thing out of general principle and refuse to do it. Let's see what happens as it's someone from work who's nominated me.

    I just fucking hate the whole "Look at me thing!". I also hate ice! What kind of stupid fucking idea is this anyway? I get a drop of cold water on me in the shower and I go into shock.
    Because you donate then nominate someone else to donate and dunk. Did you not see pay it foward?
    Gladly donate but why make a fuss about it and also put someone else who doesn't want to do it in the same position.

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • whatfruit 28 Aug 2014 21:55:11 1,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

    bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

  • whatfruit 28 Aug 2014 21:56:20 1,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    whatfruit wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    I've been nominated for Ice Bucket. I hate this whole thing out of general principle and refuse to do it. Let's see what happens as it's someone from work who's nominated me.

    I just fucking hate the whole "Look at me thing!". I also hate ice! What kind of stupid fucking idea is this anyway? I get a drop of cold water on me in the shower and I go into shock.
    Because you donate then nominate someone else to donate and dunk. Did you not see pay it foward?
    Gladly donate but why make a fuss about it and also put someone else who doesn't want to do it in the same position.
    Bit then the peer pressure donation train stops with you and tiny tims crutch leans alone beside the fire this Christmas.

    bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

  • PES_Fanboy 28 Aug 2014 21:58:04 22,148 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You've only got two choices:

    1) do it
    2) fake your own death
  • beastmaster 28 Aug 2014 21:59:37 12,563 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have the choice not to do it.

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • PES_Fanboy 28 Aug 2014 22:01:24 22,148 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's no. 2
  • prawnking1980 28 Aug 2014 22:03:38 6,287 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Isn't the whole idea something to do with illness you donate to. It affects the nervous system so by pouring ice over yourself you know how the sufferers feel.

    So I have heard anyway
  • whatfruit 28 Aug 2014 22:04:06 1,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can see Bob Crathchet will be getting the XS pine coffin from Santa this year.

    bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

  • sport 28 Aug 2014 22:12:36 12,939 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oh look, another ice bucket challenge
  • Page

    of 88 First / Last

Log in or register to reply