I hate Facebook Page 81

• Page

of 88 First / Last

• DaM 19 Mar 2014 19:41:49 13,338 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    This thread is like the people who stand around the edge of parties telling everyone how shit it is
    :)

I commented on a friend's weird post last ("How do I dispose of a dead body?"), and she messaged me apologising, saying I had to post one of a number of "comical" status updates. I had to write back to her, asking just how fucking old was she.

Miserable bastard and proud of it.
  • sport 19 Mar 2014 20:01:35 12,775 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Floyd, you look stunning!
  • senso-ji 20 Mar 2014 10:56:11 5,969 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-no-makeup-selfie-craze-is-just-narcissism-masked-as-charity-9202929.html
  • Steve_Perry 20 Mar 2014 11:07:23 4,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-no-makeup-selfie-craze-is-just-narcissism-masked-as-charity-9202929.html
    Yeah I agree. The majority of the women popping up on my feed doing this this last week has been really annoying (and a bit terrifying in some cases).

I'm all for it, but hardly any of them have mentioned if they have donated, or linked to a cancer charity, or done anything other than put their mug on Facebook and nominated a mate to do the same.

Hardly raising awareness. Just flat our 21st century techno-vanity.

This isn't everyone though. For the ones who have donated, good on you.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• iancognito 20 Mar 2014 12:23:57 1,417 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If it results in more people donating money and examining themselves then it's a good thing. I wonder people will think they do things for charity because of liking pages, posting no makeup selfies, etc. rather than donating time or money, but the various TV charity events still seem to do well so people must still be reasonably generous.

I don't understand how selfies became such a big thing anyway. I can see why people might want a photo of themselves near a landmark or on holiday, but why do people want to take so many selfies at home?
  • Steve_Perry 20 Mar 2014 12:25:33 4,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As the article says, narcissism. My mate and his bird take pictures of their dinner with instagram filters whacked on. Same with their cats, new bedding, any time they go out to a restaurant etc. The fucking cunts.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• CosmicFuzz 20 Mar 2014 12:27:11 24,929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He posts pictures of him fucking her cunt on instagram? Nice.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• magicpanda 20 Mar 2014 12:27:54 13,411 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    it raised a million in 24 hours.
  • Steve_Perry 20 Mar 2014 12:30:23 4,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Only if they can find the correct poncy filter for the occasion.

I don't understand the popularity of instagram. The phone I had 10 years ago could put a vintage filter on photos. Why is it a thing?

/is old

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Load_2.0 20 Mar 2014 12:34:14 19,445 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haha I am old too, I actually am getting to the point where I don't "get" things.

Soon I will be explaining to my grandchildren that I like playing GTA 8 on the TV with a controller rather than being in the Holochamber.
  • smoggo 20 Mar 2014 12:35:18 1,538 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Posting a picture of my arse without makeup on to raise awareness of butthurt babbies and money to help them.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The jury's out for me whether breathing actually does anything at all

• CosmicFuzz 20 Mar 2014 12:44:48 24,929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

I don't understand the popularity of instagram. The phone I had 10 years ago could put a vintage filter on photos. Why is it a thing?

/is old
    It's the sharing aspect. People can take a picture, make it look all arty and shit, and then share it with folk. And they can see their friends pictures. And celebs pictures. It's all about the connection, baby.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• CosmicFuzz 20 Mar 2014 12:44:48 24,929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:

/is old
    It's the sharing aspect. People can take a picture, make it look all arty and shit, and then share it with folk. And they can see their friends pictures. And celebs pictures. It's all about the connection, baby.

• iancognito 20 Mar 2014 13:09:58 1,417 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there an Instagram filter called Vomit that everyone uses on their dinner, because most of the time it looks crap? I like the idea of sharing and connection if people have seen something interesting.

I had a social media friend who was into everything. She blogged, used instagram, had a Facebook like page(!), Youtube, had twitter. She was a nice enough person, then one day she found religion and swore off the evils of social media saying how vain all the users of it were.

She once tweeted a picture of her broken false nail.

Edited by iancognito at 13:10:46 20-03-2014
  • Physically_Insane 20 Mar 2014 13:12:19 9,006 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    I think it's a great idea. Yes, you'll get flocks of girls only doing it out of vanity, but as long as they're actually donating money too, I'm cool with that.
  • smoggo 20 Mar 2014 13:14:59 1,538 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    senso-ji wrote:
    I think it's a great idea. Yes, you'll get flocks of girls only doing it out of vanity, but as long as they're actually donating money too, I'm cool with that.
    Vanity? These whores look awful without makeup.

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• tincanrocket 20 Mar 2014 13:16:18 3,022 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iancognito wrote:
    ... one day she found religion and swore off the evils of social media saying how vain all the users of it were.
    Well, if the evangelicals are preaching that social media is evil then it might be time for me to sign up to Facebook again. Obviously, no-marks posting pictures of broken fingernails is the height of narcissism and vanity, whilst preaching to people, channelling the 'word of the Lord', and making judgements about how people choose to live their lives is not in the slightest bit narcissistic :/
  • Physically_Insane 20 Mar 2014 13:19:25 9,006 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    smoggo wrote:
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    senso-ji wrote:
    Vanity? These whores look awful without makeup.
    Maybe all of your friends are ugly?
  • RedSparrows 20 Mar 2014 13:24:04 23,327 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the food ones that get me.

'HEY LOOK I MADE STEAK'

'annnnnnd I still don't give a shit!'
  • iancognito 20 Mar 2014 13:27:52 1,417 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There was a distinct religious nut cliche about swapping from being a big social media lover to passing judgement on anyone who used it. The best thing was that she announced it to the world in her blog.
  • Steve_Perry 20 Mar 2014 13:30:19 4,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    iancognito wrote:
    There was a distinct religious nut cliche about swapping from being a big social media lover to passing judgement on anyone who used it. The best thing was that she announced it to the world in her blog.
    \0/

Some people are really helpless.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• iancognito 20 Mar 2014 13:40:26 1,417 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think she's now deleted it. Maybe someone commented "Thanks for telling us we're all vain and seek attention in your latest blog entry". If someone did say that, it wasn't me.

If you use forums, you're used to being criticised and trolled, so you try to make points you think are helpful, funny, interesting, relevant, etc. With Facebook it's acceptable to do none of those things.
  • Steve_Perry 20 Mar 2014 13:44:12 4,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah its funny to see people arguing on twitter like people used to in chat rooms and forums (still do) during the early days on the web. Keyboard noobs.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• beastmaster 20 Mar 2014 13:45:52 11,619 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got to admit, the fit ones still look fit without make up.

I was going to post this for myself as a selfie without make up, but I think I'd get hammered for it.

The resemblance is...

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• craigy Staff 20 Mar 2014 13:46:14 7,722 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A friend of mine posted a picture of his ballsack to Facebook this morning, saying he did it to raise awareness for testicular cancer. A good counter-balance, I think.
  • whatfruit 20 Mar 2014 13:52:00 1,610 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @craigy did he make sure he hadn't put any make up on?

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• smoggo 20 Mar 2014 13:58:15 1,538 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Got to admit, the fit ones still look fit without make up.

I was going to post this for myself as a selfie without make up, but I think I'd get hammered for it.

The resemblance is...
    This is basically what my FB feed has looked like for the past few days.

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• mrpon 20 Mar 2014 13:59:23 29,202 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bit harsh on your wife there.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• CosmicFuzz 20 Mar 2014 14:01:36 24,929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't really understand where the trend has come from, nor what it has to do with cancer, but it has raised over 1 million in 24 hours. So plenty of people are donating, and clearly those who wouldn't have before.

• spindle9988 20 Mar 2014 14:12:10 3,626 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It has raised loads of money. Most people on my page have linked how they donated as well so good on them.
  • Page

of 88 First / Last