I hate Facebook Page 66

• Page

of 88 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Aug 2012 10:25:34 38,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• SolidSCB 4 Aug 2012 10:37:10 6,740 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    I'm guessing a few do-gooders have kicked up a fuss over a page about dead baby jokes and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to publicly show what a caring, compassionate human being they are. It's a bit like telling everyone you're giving to charity, only all you do is sit on your arse and click a like button and don't actually help anyone but your own ego. So it's nothing like giving to charity really, it's all about creating a fallacy that you're Facebook's answer to Bob Hope.
  • Deckard1 4 Aug 2012 10:38:34 28,022 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nailed it.
  • Agent_Llama 4 Aug 2012 23:13:20 3,359 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I caved and reactivated mine for the tiny number of people on there I wanted to maintain some semblance of contact with. Already regretting it. Have blocked most people's updates from appearing though, I like that feature.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Load_2.0 10 Aug 2012 21:41:55 19,291 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The facebook search box and Explorer 9 search box are too close.

I see a few "Lesbian shower" status updates in my future.
  • captainrentboy 10 Aug 2012 22:24:43 993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Y'know what I hate?? Having the pages, groups and pictures that my friends have liked plastered all over my news feed.
    I don't give a shit if one of my friends has 'liked' Volkswagon UK, there isn't a single thing on this earth that I could find any less interesting than that piece of news..... WHY THE FUCK must I look at it??
    Fuck you Facebook.
    *Cries*
  • tuff 10 Aug 2012 22:32:45 625 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bob Taylor likes eBay. You can like this page too.

Fuck off.
  • Ryze 11 Aug 2012 00:11:09 3,124 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @captainrentboy

Those posts are paid for. Your freinds 'liking' VW wont appear on anyone's feed unless VW pay Facebook for that type of advertising.

It was covered by the Newsnight MILF during the Facebook documentary that she did for the BBC.

I guess it's possibly still on iPlayer.
  • Deleted user 11 August 2012 11:34:30
    Facebook is awesome.
  • Dolly 12 Aug 2012 15:00:23 3,225 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @SolidSCB I bloody love the way you've summed this up mate. In fact, i've just quoted you on fb as a way of getting all the tards I know to stop doing it. I imagine it'll work perfectly and fb will be tard free within the next 24 hrs..
    /optimist
  • SYS64738 11 Sep 2012 18:29:43 1,662 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I finally decided to start the awkward process of permanently deleting my FB account by announcing it via status update, politely stating I'm leaving and that I would love to stay in touch through email. As a side effect it also served as a little personal social experiment, to see what (if any!) responses I get. Reasons being the usual stuff i.e. privacy concerns, FBs business practices and not least all that bloody white noise, despite blocking some friends and apps already.

Lo and behold the response so far was a couple of 'likes' (what does that mean, good riddance?) and a smart arse comment from a mate I see every day at work anyways. Decision re-affirmed - not that I needed that as such but I was wondering if I would miss out on any social activity if leaving, well apparently not!

And today I had a debate with another mate who is absolutely convinced FB doesn't use profile data for marketing reasons and that all his info is private and safe. He normally is pretty smart so that took me aback a bit.

What is wrong with people or is it just me?!

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• craigy Staff 12 Sep 2012 09:20:04 7,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice work. Last week as a first baby step I deleted the app from my phone, and so far it's been lovely not being permanently wired in. Just been popping onto it once per day for a few minutes when I get home from work.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2012 09:21:52
    Facebook is great, can't you people just moderate your use?
  • craigy Staff 12 Sep 2012 09:27:32 7,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's...exactly what I'm doing.
  • Fab4 12 Sep 2012 09:31:08 6,083 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I turned mine off completely whenever they foisted Timeline on me a few weeks ago. i thought I would miss the contact with my family (who made up up the bulk of my 'friends') but we stay in touch with e-mail more often now, and a few of them even signed up for G+.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2012 09:49:20
    craigy wrote:
    Wasn't aimed at you, rather the people who feel the need to nuke their account due to some conspiracy or over use.

It's a brilliant tool, I check in every now and then to see what my friends and acquintaces are doing, see baby/wedding pictures (I'm at that age - eek) and take part in the odd passing discussion with people that I have no interest in going to the pub with... but would partake in a discussion with them if I was already there. I speak to my sis on the other side of the world with the chat thing. It's great.
  • sport 12 Sep 2012 10:01:00 12,737 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    craigy wrote:
    Wasn't aimed at you, rather the people who feel the need to nuke their account due to some conspiracy or over use.

It's a brilliant tool, I check in every now and then to see what my friends and acquintaces are doing, see baby/wedding pictures (I'm at that age - eek) and take part in the odd passing discussion with people that I have no interest in going to the pub with... but would partake in a discussion with them if I was already there. I speak to my sis on the other side of the world with the chat thing. It's great.
    You don't find it weird that all your ads are from DFS?
  • DaM 12 Sep 2012 10:08:33 13,229 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've actually just noticed I don't get adverts any more. I have my location set to Timbuktu, and used to get ads for weird stuff, but now they've stopped completely!
  • Deleted user 12 September 2012 10:18:41
    sport wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    craigy wrote:

You don't find it weird that all your ads are from DFS?
    Maybe my spam filters are picking them up but I honest to god never get spam. I have everything hidden on my profile though.
  • SYS64738 12 Sep 2012 10:56:25 1,662 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Facebook is great, can't you people just moderate your use?
    What you mean by YOU PEOPLE...

I logged on maybe 3 times over the past two months to see if I missed it or even missed out on anything. The answer is no in both cases (and by the way I fucking hate baby pictures) so I decided to pull the plug, helped by my loathing of FB as an entity in general.

Thing is, the FB app for example can read all sorts of details on your mobile such as contact lists or location; Im just not comfortable with that. And just because you set everything to private doesn't mean your friends are as vigilant. The mate I described is quite liberal with his personal information for example and simply doesn't give a shit if his details are leaked or not - he even refuses to use anti virus software.

• SYS64738 12 Sep 2012 11:04:03 1,662 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And mowgli if you can have actual conversations on there then fair dues. My experience of "conversations" are limited to one liner jokes and cool-pic smiley face clutter, and the usual birthday wishes malarkey - not to forget the endless stream of uncommented Youtube links. And these are grown up adults and not teenagers - who knows perhaps I just have shit friends:-)

Edited by SYS64738 at 11:09:25 12-09-2012

• craigy Staff 12 Sep 2012 11:05:58 7,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The next generation will communicate purely with smileys.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::evil::evil::mad::eek::cry::-(:-(
  • SYS64738 12 Sep 2012 11:08:02 1,662 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or buttons... the "Like" one is only the first step!

• Folant 12 Sep 2012 11:44:55 1,181 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Deleted my Facebook without any malarkey.

It was shit for me. Mostly my family and friends I talk to elsewhere anyway. You know, phone, visits, popping out. The things people used to do before sitting infront of the screen waiting for the next paste from Sickipedia or YouTube link.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Zizoo 12 Sep 2012 11:50:52 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maybe I'm a dickhead, but my problem with facebook was seeing people I don't like doing well/having fun.

Ok I am a dickhead.
  • sport 12 Sep 2012 11:55:30 12,737 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Maybe I'm a dickhead, but my problem with facebook was seeing people I don't like doing well/having fun.

Ok I am a dickhead.
    This - I'm a dickhead too.
  • oceanmotion 12 Sep 2012 11:56:13 15,955 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A few more people not clued to their phones when they are out.

Something new is even worse, whats app. You actually sit with you friends and send messages etc. to each other on your phones.
  • Zomoniac 12 Sep 2012 12:06:05 7,831 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or you don't. It's just a cross-platform IM like iMessage or BBM. I use it for texting people in other countries for free, or sending picture messages for free, it's handy.
  • Zizoo 12 Sep 2012 12:09:37 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love Whatsapp.
  • Page

of 88 First / Last