Cheapest place to buy Gillette Razor Blades? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 15 May 2010 18:26:10 23,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Carlo 15 May 2010 19:11:33 17,948 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought one of those 5 bladed vibrating ones (they done the 'gamer'ledition if you remember?)

no fucking better than my Mach 3 to be fucking honest, but what pisses me off is the metal they use for the blades now is fucking shit. Blunt in no time. I can't understand it - it's got almost twice the number of cutting surfaces, but I STILL need to go over the same patch of skin multiple times to get it clean!

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 15 May 2010 19:53:02
    Carlo wrote:
    I bought one of those 5 bladed vibrating ones (they done the 'gamer'ledition if you remember?)

no fucking better than my Mach 3 to be fucking honest, but what pisses me off is the metal they use for the blades now is fucking shit. Blunt in no time. I can't understand it - it's got almost twice the number of cutting surfaces, but I STILL need to go over the same patch of skin multiple times to get it clean!

I hope you're not suggesting the hi tech multiple blades produced by Gillette are in fact a big con. And that they dont spend millions on testing razor technology and using the finest tensile materials, and do in fact just try and make them look vaguely like space ships, manufacture them in China for sod all out of plastic and tin, and then flog them to us for a fortune, wondering how long it'll take before someone realises they are totally fucking inept shaving tools.

Thats not what you're suggesting right?
  • GrandpaUlrira 15 May 2010 20:44:03 3,753 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Micro_Explosion. wrote:
    Smuggo wrote:
    I just buy disposables, but more often I just use my electric razor.

Can use a fresh blade every day if you go disposable, and nothing is as good as that.

Disposables are just as bad. Try this plus these.
    Seriously considering getting that, given that Mach 3 blades seem to be more expensive every time I buy a pack. Before I do, can you tell me if the blades are generic, or if they're easy to buy on the high street? Other than that, I think it's worth pointing out that you can get it cheaper on Amazon.
  • GrandpaUlrira 15 May 2010 20:46:00 3,753 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Although there is 6.5% cashback via Quidco.
  • generica 15 May 2010 21:04:53 4,273 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am a man with a serious beard*. I thought perhaps I wasn't taking it seriously enough by using disposable shavers, and cheap disposable razors at that, so I decided to buy one of those more eccentric ones. Maybe I didn't adjust well but I didn't like it. I thought it was awkward, uncomfortable, it was very easy to cut my self and cleaning it was annoying. I went back to using cheap disposable razors which I think are perfect for a beard like mine (other than being wasteful).

* what I mean is that it's a difficult one to shave being thick and wirey and sandpaper like when stubble - fully grown it is the type you are inclined to rub when deep in thought and which requires a tactically planned evening to shave
  • Optyk 15 May 2010 21:09:08 1,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GILLETTE! THE BEST A MAN CAN GEEEEEEE-ET!

Shooting ducks in a barrel.

• Red-Moose 15 May 2010 21:11:54 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Just bought a pack of five Mach 3 from Sainsbury's for nearly 9.00 and decided that I'm not gonna pay this anymore, there's got to be somewhere much cheaper.

Where do you get yours?

Haven't read the thread and its three years old, but have you considered getting a manly razor and blades instead?

For example: Merkur

Ah shit someone mentioned it already. Olded on a 3 year old thread :(
  • generica 15 May 2010 21:14:10 4,273 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    O__o
  • pinebear 15 May 2010 21:14:31 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, what led to the bump? Stealthspambot strikes again?

• generica 15 May 2010 21:20:46 4,273 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why do people never go all out with suicide and spend their last money on a chainsaw to cut whole parts of the body away, rather than a dainty little cut on the wrist like some sort of pussy?
  • gammonbanter 15 May 2010 21:21:39 1,486 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beard trimmer all the way! Bought a Phillips one for like 15 from John Lewis 5 years agos and it's still going strong!
    If you use the closest setting it leaves you with a very fine stubble - which I doubt most of us could get away with at work, unless you are a lawyer or some other suit type job!

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• GrandpaUlrira 16 Aug 2010 20:19:56 3,753 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OK, so just used a Merkur for the first time. Which gives the closer shave... the blade gap larger or smaller i.e. 1 or 6? Not that I care for the moment, as it's kind of terrifying for someone used to Gillettes, as it's so, so sharp.
  • Jeepers 16 Aug 2010 20:28:14 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    OK, so just used a Merkur for the first time. Which gives the closer shave... the blade gap larger or smaller i.e. 1 or 6? Not that I care for the moment, as it's kind of terrifying for someone used to Gillettes, as it's so, so sharp.

Six is the most aggressive, One the least. Stick to below Three or so until you get used to it.

Most important is really soaking your face before lathering. A couple of minutes with a hot flannel over your chops really makes the difference.
  • GrandpaUlrira 16 Aug 2010 20:32:52 3,753 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers. I have to say that I instantly noticed that I didn't really need to apply any pressure. the neck and chin are tricky with it though.
  • coda 16 Aug 2010 20:35:39 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm fed up of disposable razors, anyone here use a straight razor?
  • Jeepers 16 Aug 2010 21:43:56 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    Cheers. I have to say that I instantly noticed that I didn't really need to apply any pressure. the neck and chin are tricky with it though.

Mantic59 has some entertaining videos on YouTube - worth a peek.
  • Load_2.0 18 Feb 2011 16:01:36 18,913 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Resist the evil gillette empire and the ever increasing crazy razor blades!

Here is a bargain http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1298044731453.

Its not spam if I brought them!
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 18 Feb 2011 16:06:37 10,852 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pro Glide!? I'm sure my golf clubs are called that...
  • captainrentboy 18 Feb 2011 16:08:18 963 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gillette have a new one now, Fusion Super Ultra Power Deluxe or something. I bought one, 'cuz I'm a mug, but also because the power button glows fucking blue!!
    My fiancee bought me another leading brand for Christmas, the thing just left me a bleeding, shaving rash covered mess. Gillette all the way!! Huzzahh!
  • Load_2.0 18 Feb 2011 16:13:02 18,913 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah Gilette are the best but there prices are mental, every fancy alternative i have tried has been shit.

Disposables however are great, plus the head on the Master-Fusion-x50-V2.0 is too big and doesn't allow me to craft my funky facial hair.

Pro glide is golf and contraceptives IG!
  • Lukey__b 18 Feb 2011 16:21:07 3,725 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I use an electric Phillips. The one that you can use in the shower, it had that weird advert with the blue robot chick and a guy in the shower.

It's really good. Shaves close and the moisturiser leaves your face nice and soft. I've tried using disposables since, but they just hurt now and it takes at least 3 of them to combat only a weekends growth.

'Sup, what's guanine?

• kalel 18 Feb 2011 16:23:38 86,389 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does anyone use a straight razor?

Really love the idea of using one, but just don't want to actually die shaving.
  • boo 18 Feb 2011 16:24:39 11,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still use Mach 3 blades, but the prices are starting to get a bit stupid. What I try and do is when we visit my brother-in-law, tag along with him on a Saturday morning shopping trip to Costco, and pick up a couple of packs of 20. They work out about half the price of buying them in a regular supermarket, and 40 blades lasts me well over 6 months.

Damn you, Costco, and your restictive membership policy that won't let me join.

/waves fist

Just Another Lego Blog

• Load_2.0 18 Feb 2011 16:27:50 18,913 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boo wrote:
    40 blades lasts me well over 6 months.

:o

I might use one blade a month tops!
  • Findus 18 Feb 2011 16:28:46 143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @boo

I didn't think there was a restrictive membership policy? i certainly just turned up filled in the form took my picture paid my fee and away I went
  • Vortex808 18 Feb 2011 16:34:48 6,964 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    boo wrote:
    I still use Mach 3 blades, but the prices are starting to get a bit stupid. What I try and do is when we visit my brother-in-law, tag along with him on a Saturday morning shopping trip to Costco, and pick up a couple of packs of 20. They work out about half the price of buying them in a regular supermarket, and 40 blades lasts me well over 6 months.

Damn you, Costco, and your restictive membership policy that won't let me join.

/waves fist

Can't you ask your brother-in-law to get a second card in your name and pay them the difference for another card?

I always bought mach3 blades from there as the saving was massive. Unfortunately, I also usually bought beer and we got tempted to buy loads of food or stupid massive packs of bog roll and kitchen roll too, so each visit always seemed to cost over 70 quid.

Damn you Costco and your tempting sundries.

/waves a fist in solidarity with boo
  • Page

of 4 First / Last