Bloody foreigners Page 3

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

  • Fake_Blood 12 Dec 2012 12:53:51 3,836 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What's the average children per couple between the different groups in London? I know the stats for Brussels but not for London.
    Also, are there a lot of mixed race couples?
  • RedSparrows 12 Dec 2012 12:54:36 20,762 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In this building, I declare everyone to be rabbits.
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 13:04:12 60,000 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So what I gather from this discussion is that if you're not White British you're a foreigner?

    Damn... all this time I've been lied to, apprently being Mixed, Black or Asian British isn't enough to be a proper Brit.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • FWB 12 Dec 2012 13:09:11 41,992 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't think anyone here has said that. The articles pick up on White British. Clearly the issue the papers have are with skin colour not Britishness. Cos I'm white, British, but don't have any blood connection to this island, yet I would come under the 44% category. I'm part of the perceived "natives", but you're not, even if your family has been here longer than mine. Bizarre.

    There is no British, white-not-"English" group on the census IIRC. Pretty telling really.

    Edited by FWB at 13:13:35 12-12-2012
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Dec 2012 13:09:45 38,900 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz we should group together. We out number them!

    Rise up!

    :p

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • DaM 12 Dec 2012 13:16:01 12,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I always put my origin as African on these things, it doesn't say how far back you should go, so I play it safe.
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 13:16:28 60,000 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I posted that btw

    But I will say these articles seem engineered to stir up racial paranoia and hatred. So what if there are less White British people in London? Why does it matter? It doesn't. But the BNP and UKIP will salivate at these figures.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • SClaw 12 Dec 2012 13:16:54 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    So what I gather from this discussion is that if you're not White British you're a foreigner?

    Damn... all this time I've been lied to, apprently being Mixed, Black or Asian British isn't enough to be a proper Brit.
    Correct. So stop eating our curry (from India), drinking our lager (from Germany) and watching our football teams (with players from pretty much everywhere).

    The very notion of “British” is such fucking nonsense. A society is a blending pot of influences from everywhere. Bring it on I say. The more diverse we are the better. It’s about time we knocked this exclusionist crap on the head and just enjoy all the exciting things other cultures, nations and societies have to offer us.
  • JuanKerr 12 Dec 2012 13:19:29 36,094 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    It’s about time we knocked this exclusionist crap on the head and just enjoy all the exciting things other cultures, nations and societies have to offer us.
    Most people already do that.
  • FWB 12 Dec 2012 13:20:04 41,992 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think the notion of Britishness is nonsense. It's just I don't think think it has anything to do with skin colour. Being British definitely has certain cultural elements - curry eating, football watching, beer drinking, to name the ones you picked out. It's inclusive and does change, but there is still something there.

    That said, I would vote for London to become independent.
  • Mr-Brett 12 Dec 2012 13:21:14 12,676 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The representation of the data is quite worrying, it's obviously nothing new for the media to jump on the more controversial issues but they're pretty much handing UKIP ammunition.

    Edit: What Razz said.

    Edited by Mr-Brett at 13:21:55 12-12-2012

    Portable view - Never forget.

  • kalel 12 Dec 2012 13:25:18 83,877 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I don't think the notion of Britishness is nonsense. It's just I don't think think it has anything to do with skin colour. Being British definitely has certain cultural elements - curry eating, football watching, beer drinking, to name the ones you picked out. It's inclusive and does change, but there is still something there.

    That said, I would vote for London to become independent.
    You could argue those are sub-culture elements. Britishness could equally be cricket, cucumber sandwiches and Pimms.
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Dec 2012 13:25:54 38,900 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I always put my origin as African on these things, it doesn't say how far back you should go, so I play it safe.
    So you don't consider yourself to be British?

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • MightyMetalMonkey 12 Dec 2012 13:26:20 599 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @jellyhead Of course. Every group, every race, every religion and every culture has its idiots. Just a shame that some of ours are running the country.
    We are an Idiocracy...
  • SClaw 12 Dec 2012 13:29:06 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JuanKeer Unfortunately, most people do not in my experience. It may be a generational thing, but I find that most people over a certain age are still pretty damn racist if you catch them at an unguarded moment. I think our internet generation are generally better, despite a few assholes, however.

    @FWB Those things I mentioned are hardly exclusive to the British nor, as I pointed out, particularly British in origin. We've adopted them and made them our own, certainly, but they're imports like all the immigrants. If people saw it from that point of view they may worry less maybe.
  • DaM 12 Dec 2012 13:30:43 12,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    DaM wrote:
    I always put my origin as African on these things, it doesn't say how far back you should go, so I play it safe.
    So you don't consider yourself to be British?
    When it's ethnic origin? Nationality yes. Scottish first though :)

    I consider everyone who wants to live and settle here to be British. If they want to be.
  • Shikasama 12 Dec 2012 13:30:49 6,277 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    At the end of the day right, to be fair, I'm not racist but the problem with foreigners right,if you ask me and this is just my personal opinion, at the end of the day they just aren't bloody English are they?

    Not right that is, being here and taking my job as a Cardiologist and not being English and everything. Can't argue with that mate. See em all the time when I get my giro and you can tell them a mile off. And when I say 'them' I don't mean like, racial or nothing, but all them bastard foreigners.
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Dec 2012 13:34:06 38,900 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    God damned prawns!

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • SClaw 12 Dec 2012 13:35:09 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Taste good with some thousand island dressing though.
  • neilka 12 Dec 2012 13:36:03 14,942 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think we're all technically African if you go back far enough.

    Sorry Lexx.
  • FWB 12 Dec 2012 13:36:57 41,992 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    @FWB Those things I mentioned are hardly exclusive to the British nor, as I pointed out, particularly British in origin. We've adopted them and made them our own, certainly, but they're imports like all the immigrants. If people saw it from that point of view they may worry less maybe.
    But that's the point. Part of being British is, for me, being inclusive. Having variety. However, people do also segregate themselves. Let us not kid ourselves that we're all living side by side. Surely the question is whether the person involved feels British? They're really the ones who can decide (passport aside).

    The real issue, for me, is the concept of statehood.

    Edited by FWB at 13:40:51 12-12-2012
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 13:39:26 60,000 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @neilka the Chinese still do not accept this theory, despite evidence to the contrary

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • SClaw 12 Dec 2012 13:41:17 826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    SClaw wrote:
    @FWB Those things I mentioned are hardly exclusive to the British nor, as I pointed out, particularly British in origin. We've adopted them and made them our own, certainly, but they're imports like all the immigrants. If people saw it from that point of view they may worry less maybe.
    But that's the point. Part of being British is, for me, being inclusive. Having variety. However, people do also segregate themselves. Let us not kid ourselves that we're living side by side. Surely the major question is whether the person involved feels British? They're really the ones who can decide (passport aside).

    The real issue, for me, is the concept of statehood.
    Well, you put that better than I managed. I agree with you completely.
  • Shikasama 12 Dec 2012 13:43:30 6,277 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FWB is speaking from a place of love for Marouane Fellaini who is of course, not British.

    Traitorous swine.
  • Deckard1 12 Dec 2012 13:49:10 25,414 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    I think we're all technically African if you go back far enough.

    Sorry Lexx.
    Nah I'm a strong believer in the aquatic ape hypothesis.

    Called it

  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Dec 2012 13:49:33 38,900 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    @neilka the Chinese still do not accept this theory, despite evidence to the contrary
    Cause their "special"

    RACISM HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • kalel 12 Dec 2012 13:51:25 83,877 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    @neilka the Chinese still do not accept this theory, despite evidence to the contrary
    Neither do more than 50% of Americans.
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 13:53:14 60,000 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    @neilka the Chinese still do not accept this theory, despite evidence to the contrary
    Neither do more than 50% of Americans.
    Hahaha! Really?! :D Oh shit, but then iirc a similar number doesn't believe in evolution.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • graysonavich 12 Dec 2012 13:54:33 6,805 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You'd think the two stats would be related somehow
  • kalel 12 Dec 2012 13:56:50 83,877 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Er...yeah...
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

Log in or register to reply