bioshock on steam. stuck at 90% anyone else?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • deepmenace 24 Aug 2007 17:39:04 420 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bought it this morning, it downloaded during the day. when i turned my screen on after a hard days work the "bioshock released" countdown was at 7 seconds! w00t!

now i'm stuck on 90% preloaded for the last hour.

anyone else?

should i maybe be entirely unsurprised by this?
  • Amajiro 24 Aug 2007 17:40:43 2,214 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks like the launch of Bioshock has fried Steam. You're definitely not alone in your problem. And I hate to be the one to tell you, but even if you do manage to complete your download, the key servers have crashed so you can't authenticate or play Bioshock anyway (like me).
  • Razer 24 Aug 2007 18:06:25 1,029 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On a similar note, I've just picked this up from Gamestation. Got home, installed it and when it starts to download the latest patch it tells me to insert the original disc, not a copy.

Not impressed. Reinstalling now and keeping fingers crossed, I've been itching to play this all day.

Edit : There was a smudge on the disc so I gave it a clean. Installed second time round.

Phew. Disaster averted :)
  • deepmenace 24 Aug 2007 18:35:31 420 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    lucky man....i'm still sitting at 90%

i guess you win some, lose some eh? my half life 2 downloaded and authenticated double quick and i was left wondering what all the fuss was about.

well here it is.

so when people went to their machines was bioshock sat at 100% downloaded and they just authed and that was it?

maybe a restart of steam is in order...
  • deepmenace 24 Aug 2007 18:37:43 420 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /is sheepish/

its downloading now.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next