of 295 First / Last

• thelzdking 29 Jan 2014 00:29:57 4,369 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Into the Pandemonium is shit as well.
  • StixxUK 29 Jan 2014 09:09:46 7,264 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What a coincidence, I was listening to Mega Therion this morning. Love it.
  • Syrette 31 Jan 2014 20:33:31 43,776 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    New He Is Legend:

• warlockuk 2 Feb 2014 03:09:04 19,191 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mellow, not bad.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Duffking 2 Feb 2014 11:44:16 7,357 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • OllyJ 3 Feb 2014 16:09:28 3,297 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy shit the new Behemoth is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! Fuckin hell!!!!
  • warlockuk 3 Feb 2014 17:25:12 19,191 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really? Must check it out. I've just listened to the new Grand Magus - it's great. It's a bit of a return to Wolf's Return I think. Best album for a while.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• prawnking1980 3 Feb 2014 17:49:56 4,742 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new GM album arrived today will give it a spin later. Like Wolfs Return something along those lines will be well received
  • Deleted user 3 February 2014 18:23:09
    New album from Agalloch out in May, I wasn't too hot on their last record but dam I cant wait!
  • ILoveThrashMetal 3 Feb 2014 20:02:34 755 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    UK thrashers Shrapnel release their new album today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk8rGdw13y0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Arsechickens

• Dr.Haggard 3 Feb 2014 21:59:57 4,226 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    New album from Agalloch out in May, I wasn't too hot on their last record but dam I cant wait!
    Marrow of the Spirit was just a mess. If they can somehow be the band they were on Ashes I'll be there with bells on, but if it's anything like as bad as the last record I'm out.
  • OllyJ 4 Feb 2014 10:00:19 3,297 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Think I must be the only one here that likes Marrow of the Spirit, I can see why people dont though!!
  • OllyJ 4 Feb 2014 12:14:42 3,297 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Really? Must check it out. I've just listened to the new Grand Magus - it's great. It's a bit of a return to Wolf's Return I think. Best album for a while.
    Yeah man, The Satanist is mint, production is brilliant, performances are off the charts. Really blown away by it.

Triumph and Power for me is another brilliant album by THE best heavy metal band going right now, just awesome run of great records, so legit.
  • prawnking1980 5 Feb 2014 20:32:53 4,742 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Triumph and power is awesome on a bit of GM fix at the moment.

Also after a long time started listening to orange goblin again, man was listening to them when big black was released and then drifted away.
  • Dr.Haggard 12 Feb 2014 13:02:28 4,226 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New Junius EP streaming in full here.

It's excellent.
  • FuzzyDuck 12 Feb 2014 23:47:07 4,355 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spinning me some Edge Of Sanity this evening.

• OptimusPube 16 Feb 2014 15:06:37 3,146 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wait for it. :D

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• Reacher 16 Feb 2014 15:46:20 855 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OptimusPube wrote:
    Wait for it. :D
    Delicious. :D

It's no Church of Misery though.

Edited by Reacher at 15:48:30 16-02-2014
  • ILoveThrashMetal 18 Feb 2014 19:07:00 755 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am liking this a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7cr-zdm1Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Didn't really like their last album.
    Hellhammer is a fucking beast!

Arsechickens

• thelzdking 18 Feb 2014 19:42:51 4,369 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    I am liking this a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7cr-zdm1Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Didn't really like their last album.
    Hellhammer is a fucking beast!
    I am the only person I know who liked their last album, and this is good too.
  • prawnking1980 20 Feb 2014 21:49:04 4,742 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can anyone explain why metallica are so highly rated?

I find as a thrash band they are dull, with the changes and instrumentals it becomes poor progressive metal. Ride the lightning is probably the best album of this era but that's not saying much. For me lacks the excitement of say slayer or megadeth and I am sure more obscure thrash band of the era.

Justice could have been a great album but the productionIs abysmal, duke of those songs with an audible bass would have been fantastic.

Then the black album etc where they became a hard rock band, sorry heard better from 20 years previous, and hardly appeals to those who like the thrash stuff.

Then well they try to recapture the thrash era and fail.

Like I say my opinion, but poor band who are elevated far beyond the level they should be.

Didn't even mention the drumming ;)
  • thelzdking 20 Feb 2014 22:03:54 4,369 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For me the music of Metallica's classic period is frequently mediocre. Everything from the Black Album onward is farce. I guess that their high standing is due to them being the first band to cross over, even if it was with dolled up hard rock.
  • Wunty_Phyve 20 Feb 2014 22:22:18 1,335 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Could never understand the appeal of Metallica to be honest.

I'm blasting out some Amorphis currently. This band, much like Katatonia, just keep getting better and better. Skyforger is the absolute balls.
  • Dr.Haggard 20 Feb 2014 23:58:40 4,226 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They're irrelevant musically now of course, have been for a long time, but Master of Puppets was a huge deal at the time. I didn't know a single metal/rock fan who didn't love it. It didn't matter what you were into, everyone was blown away by that album, it sounded fucking amazing and it felt important.

I don't know if anyone now who wasn't there at the time, especially through the lense of today's musical landscape, would be able to see it (especially in the light of who Metallica are now and have been since the black album: increasingly nothing more than an embarrassing bunch of rich egos whose opinion of themselves and actual talent grow further apart by the album) but Metallica were fucking cool in the 80s, and Master of Puppets was a revelation.

Unfortunately it was probably (given the subsequent rapid decline) largely due to the genius of the guy in the band who at the time was soon to be dead, but either way it was one of those genuinely important moments in music. In the 80s only Reign In Blood and maybe Appetite for Destruction came close to that kind of significance off the top of my head.

Personally at the time MoP was released I was listening to all the early thrash/death stuff, in fact anything weird and wonderful and nasty and heavy I could get my hands on, and I don't mind saying the first day I put Master of Puppets on my turntable is one of the most memorable days of the 80s for me. Sorry but it was and is bloody great. Shame they're such talentless tossers now.
  • thelzdking 21 Feb 2014 00:06:34 4,369 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can imagine that's completely true. I am too young to have known Metallica as anything other than an embarrassment; that has to have coloured my view of them.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 21 Feb 2014 09:26:30 755 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MoP is and will always be one of my greatest albums of all time. As is kill em all and ride the lightening.
    Going back and listening to the black album I can certainly appreciate it, it was just a shock when I bought it (still can't believe I chose to buy it over the fuck like a beast picture disc!)
    I still really like garage Inc and (hang head in shame) st anger. If only lars wasn't drumming on coke cans though.

Edited by ILoveThrashMetal at 09:34:23 21-02-2014

Arsechickens

• AwesomeWells 21 Feb 2014 10:15:38 410 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's probably an age thing. Master of Puppets is, to me, one of the greatest albums of all time. Each and every song a classic of the genre.

RIP Cliff.
  • prawnking1980 21 Feb 2014 10:46:37 4,742 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Age could be a factor, and I agree if you started listening now to their later albums you would wonder what the fuss was about. Obviously the counterpoint to that is that it is vieewed through rose tinted glasses by those that were there so age is not the primary factor I would suggest.

Although too young to have heard something like MoP at its release I was certainly listening long before they became talentless tossers as was said above.

Not to say those early albums are not great as such, they are in their own way, but just lack something compared to their peers at the time.

Just for me seem to have a status tthat is somewhat overinflated compared to their talent. Had history been different that might not have been the case.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 21 Feb 2014 10:55:36 755 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It also doesn't help that Lars is a cunt.

Arsechickens

• prawnking1980 21 Feb 2014 11:27:06 4,742 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah there is that. Luckily when I saw them live he was ill, Dave Lombardo and Joey Jordison I recall taking on some songs.
  • Page

of 295 First / Last