The Official Metal Appreciation ThreadŽ Page 250

• Page

of 291 First / Last

• Dr.Haggard 3 Jan 2013 10:23:03 4,201 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He's just not handling losing his hair very well.
  • FuzzyDuck 3 Jan 2013 17:05:15 4,117 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is it just me or is Tryptikon (the 80s kid in me couldn't stop laughing at the fact it's the name of a Transformer!) the best thing ol' Tom has ever done? Partially because he's got people who can actually play on board.
  • Dr.Haggard 3 Jan 2013 19:00:50 4,201 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I dunno, I really wanted to like it but I only ever gave the Triptykon album a couple of listens and didn't think much of it. Maybe it needed more time to grow, but for me To Mega Therion is still the best thing he"s ever done.
  • buggrit 3 Jan 2013 19:30:47 5,179 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Triptykon is amazing. AMAZING.
  • warlockuk 3 Jan 2013 21:29:31 19,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, they're not bad :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• cheeky_prawnking 3 Jan 2013 21:35:00 4,554 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only found out today I have Symbolic by Death, have had it since August according to Amazon, but never got round to listening or ripping it.

Oops
  • warlockuk 3 Jan 2013 21:44:02 19,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BURN THE HERETIC!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• cheeky_prawnking 3 Jan 2013 21:53:36 4,554 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have listened to Human, Individual Thought Patterns and The Sound of Perseverance to make up for it lol
  • warlockuk 3 Jan 2013 23:20:46 19,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WARM THE HERETIC!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• FuzzyDuck 4 Jan 2013 05:21:31 4,117 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Only found out today I have Symbolic by Death, have had it since August according to Amazon, but never got round to listening or ripping it.

Oops
    You should probably exclusively listen to only that for the next month so!

Have youse seen the 'Live in L.A.' dvd? I went through a period of watching it every day for something like 6 weeks, time well spent!
  • WiseFool 5 Jan 2013 15:46:51 874 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • buggrit 9 Jan 2013 16:51:55 5,179 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, my copy of the new Kreator album arrived today, thank you very much kind sir! @EndlessSolitude
  • thelzdking 9 Jan 2013 18:35:23 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    Well, my copy of the new Kreator album arrived today, thank you very much kind sir! @EndlessSolitude
    Mine too! Top guy @EndlessSolitude
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 07:57:17
    @buggrit and @thelzdking

You're most welcome; it's my pleasure.

I still have a copy to spare, so if anyone wants one, feel free to send me a private message.
  • orpheus 15 Jan 2013 17:20:04 1,000 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bit of an odd one this, not strictly metal, more post-rock. For fans of Isis, Cult of Luna etc.

• boo 17 Jan 2013 10:49:01 11,778 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Posted this is the bdaggers charity thread, but thought I may as well put it here too...

Picked up a bunch of CDs in the HMV sale the other day, only to get home and find I already had one of them.

So if anybody wants a new copy of The Silent Force by Within Temptation, then say the word and it's yours.

Edited by boo at 10:49:17 17-01-2013

Just Another Lego Blog

• Dr.Haggard 18 Jan 2013 15:24:51 4,201 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New Cult of Luna is a bit good. 'Kin ell. It's not going to top The Beyond as my personal favourite CoL album, but after one listen I like it far more than Eternal Kingdom.
  • StixxUK 22 Jan 2013 18:43:44 7,255 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Kreator received... Awesome! Props to @EndlessSolitude

Dude, didn't realise you were posting all the way from Qatar!
  • FuzzyDuck 22 Jan 2013 19:04:42 4,117 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Okay chaps, getting in on the spirit of things, I've duplicate copies of these on my CD shelf:

Mastodon - "Blood Mountain"
    Rush - "Fly By Night"
    Iron Maiden - "Somewhere In Time" (it's a really old pressing of it, think it's a North American copy of it too).

If anyone wants any of these, PM me and I'll stick them in the post for yez.
  • buggrit 22 Jan 2013 21:16:08 5,179 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Okay chaps, getting in on the spirit of things, I've duplicate copies of these on my CD shelf:

Rush - "Fly By Night"
    Iron Maiden - "Somewhere In Time" (it's a really old pressing of it, think it's a North American copy of it too).

Every single one of these records is ESSENTIAL! If you don't have them, take our fluffy avian friend's wing off :D
  • ILoveThrashMetal 22 Jan 2013 22:53:03 721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    buggrit wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

Rush - "Fly By Night"

Every single one of these records is ESSENTIAL! If you don't have them, take our fluffy avian friend's wing off :D
    I've tried and tried to get to grips with Mastodon (the future of metal so I'm told) but I just can't :o(
    Somewhere in time is a monumental classic though.
    On a side note, did anyone see the remaining members of Death are apparently doing euro gigs with proceeds going to Chucks charity? Not sure who would be on vocals.
    Also Control Denied release which Chuck had laid down vocals and guitar before his untimely death :o(

Arsechickens

• Deleted user 23 January 2013 07:36:32
    @StixxUK

Glad it got through so quickly.

Indeed, a Wahhabi desert kingdom is probably the last place you'd expect to find a Kreator fan... but then again, Tunisia was probably the last place anyone would expect a revolution.

Speaking of revolution:

Edited by EndlessSolitude at 07:47:48 23-01-2013
  • FuzzyDuck 24 Jan 2013 07:26:29 4,117 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really looking forward to hearing the full album now!

Actually having a blast of 'Terrible Certainty' over my morning porridge! :D
  • warlockuk 24 Jan 2013 09:15:32 19,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    buggrit wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

Rush - "Fly By Night"

I've tried and tried to get to grips with Mastodon (the future of metal so I'm told) but I just can't :o(
    On a side note, did anyone see the remaining members of Death are apparently doing euro gigs with proceeds going to Chucks charity? Not sure who would be on vocals.
    Also Control Denied release which Chuck had laid down vocals and guitar before his untimely death :o(
    Mehstodon. I found I could listen to one or two albums but never really got into 'em that much... and then I saw 'em live.

And hated them. :/

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• ILoveThrashMetal 24 Jan 2013 13:38:05 721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    ILoveThrashMetal wrote:
    buggrit wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

Rush - "Fly By Night"

Mehstodon. I found I could listen to one or two albums but never really got into 'em that much... and then I saw 'em live.

And hated them. :/
    Agreed

Arsechickens

• warlockuk 24 Jan 2013 13:48:23 19,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was it the tour with... was it Slayer and / or Amon Amarth?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• ILoveThrashMetal 24 Jan 2013 15:08:38 721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Was it the tour with... was it Slayer and / or Amon Amarth?
    Mastodon? If it was slayer I would have been at the bar

Arsechickens

• warlockuk 24 Jan 2013 15:24:23 19,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I think Mastodon toured with Amon Amarth a few years back which is when I saw 'em...

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Tuffty 24 Jan 2013 16:04:33 1,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Killswitch Engage's new album 'Disarm the Descent' is released on April 2nd.

Can't wait!
  • GuiltySpark 24 Jan 2013 16:31:40 6,383 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are there any Swallow the Sun fans in here? I swear I've listened to them pretty much every day for the past two years.

Get bent.

• Page

of 291 First / Last