The Official Metal Appreciation ThreadŽ Page 243

  • Page

    of 289 First / Last

  • kingnothing12 3 Oct 2012 21:48:40 540 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well the new 'Sylosis' album is 'out' and also streaming in full from 'metalsucks.net'. Really good first listen, some awesome guitar work as usual, beastly drumming and josh's vocal work is top notch.

    Time for another spin.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 21:55:32
    Have they sent the CDs out? I havent recieved mine yet :(
  • Syrette 3 Oct 2012 22:09:38 43,114 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good band, good dudes.

  • kingnothing12 3 Oct 2012 22:39:48 540 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No not yet, i've got a signed copy on pre-order but i aquired it by other means as i'm impatient. It's bloody brilliant!
  • Deleted user 4 October 2012 14:25:40
    Signed copy on pre-order here also :)

    @Syrette Have you listened to the stream, any good?

    Edited by TearYouAsunder at 14:26:46 04-10-2012
  • Syrette 4 Oct 2012 14:41:12 43,114 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not going to go into detail as I'm at work right now, but it's full of great riffs, Josh sounds a little better, stellar production as always... yet I find it a little too complex and meandering for its own good sometimes. Haven't given it too many spins though, might be a grower and I like it a lot anyway just off a couple of listens.



    Anyway you guys need to download this free Revocation EP. So good. Tech death neo thrash or whatever you want to call it. Even warlock might agree with me about a band for once.

    http://www.scionav.com/collection/1083/Revocation---Teratogenesis

  • warlockuk 4 Oct 2012 15:36:54 19,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's possible. I can't imagine that every band you listen to is terrible.

    I'm a grumpy bastard.

  • kingnothing12 4 Oct 2012 19:21:42 540 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really starting to grow on the 3rd listen, gets better every time. It's also getting some rave reviews, terrorizer gave it 5 star.
  • StixxUK 4 Oct 2012 20:39:56 7,232 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What is it with awesome death metal albums with "genesis" in the title?
  • FuzzyDuck 5 Oct 2012 01:50:40 3,922 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    What is it with awesome death metal albums with "genesis" in the title?
    Cosmogenesis, aye? ;)
  • buggrit 5 Oct 2012 09:58:25 5,178 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    It's possible. I can't imagine that every band you listen to is terrible.
    :D
    That Revocation is actually really good - melodic tech-death with some tasty thrash/jazzy lead work. Much like their albums, in fact.
  • warlockuk 5 Oct 2012 10:09:06 19,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aye, the tracks I listened to yesterday sounded decent. Vocals are a bit meh but the rest of it sounded grand.

    I'm a grumpy bastard.

  • buggrit 5 Oct 2012 18:23:26 5,178 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Aye, the tracks I listened to yesterday sounded decent. Vocals are a bit meh but the rest of it sounded grand.
    The vocals *sigh* Yeah, they're not BAD as such but Revocation could really use a proper vocalist to give their songs a bit more identity.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2012 15:48:14
    Man, you guys were not wrong, the new Sylosis album is fucking awesome! The riffs are way, way more interesting here compared to their last album. Top Stuff.

    And as already said, Josh sounds fantastic, really suprised at how good his cleans sound.

    Edited by TearYouAsunder at 15:48:25 06-10-2012
  • Dr.Haggard 6 Oct 2012 22:07:29 4,140 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Anyway you guys need to download this free Revocation EP. So good. Tech death neo thrash or whatever you want to call it. Even warlock might agree with me about a band for once.

    http://www.scionav.com/collection/1083/Revocation---Teratogenesis
    I'm quite liking this. Plus I rarely hear solos I actually enjoy and the one at about 2:50 in the first track is one of the best I've heard in a while. There's more than a smidgen of Tommy Vetterli (Coroner) in his playing, which is no bad thing.

    In fact the more I listen to this the more Coroner I'm hearing.
  • orpheus 7 Oct 2012 15:32:26 994 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just linked on the Textures facebook, this is surprisingly good!



    Edited by orpheus at 15:33:50 07-10-2012
  • OnlyMe 7 Oct 2012 16:05:42 3,104 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just thought I'd give a heads up to KISS' new album MONSTER. Even though it's not really "metal", it's one of the heaviest and powerful album's KISS has made and easily the best since Revenge, and imo, it's difficult to tell which of these two albums are better.

    To me, MONSTER sounds like what Destroyer would sound like if it was released today. It's got some of the best tracks from KISS since they left the 70's, and the track Long Way Down is one of their absolute best tracks ever, imo. 10 out of 10! A bit on the short side with the disc version being only 45 minutes, and the iTunes version having one bonus track makes it almost 48 minutes or so. But at least there is absolutely no fillers, which is probably first for any KISS album ever.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 7 Oct 2012 16:28:09 669 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OnlyMe wrote:
    Just thought I'd give a heads up to KISS' new album MONSTER. Even though it's not really "metal", it's one of the heaviest and powerful album's KISS has made and easily the best since Revenge, and imo, it's difficult to tell which of these two albums are better.

    To me, MONSTER sounds like what Destroyer would sound like if it was released today. It's got some of the best tracks from KISS since they left the 70's, and the track Long Way Down is one of their absolute best tracks ever, imo. 10 out of 10! A bit on the short side with the disc version being only 45 minutes, and the iTunes version having one bonus track makes it almost 48 minutes or so. But at least there is absolutely no fillers, which is probably first for any KISS album ever.
    Personally I think KISS should face an ss firing squad

    Arsechickens

  • Deleted user 7 October 2012 16:34:01
    @ILoveThrashMetal Not all of them, just Gene Simmons! He's always got on my bloody nerves :/

    Lots of groups I've never heard of getting mentioned in here, so I'll stick with my Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep :D
  • kingnothing12 7 Oct 2012 16:54:32 540 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    Man, you guys were not wrong, the new Sylosis album is fucking awesome! The riffs are way, way more interesting here compared to their last album. Top Stuff.

    And as already said, Josh sounds fantastic, really suprised at how good his cleans sound.
    Have you recieved your copy then? I tried looking for my conformation email the other day but could not find it. I've still got the paypal email confirming i've paid through them. Hoping it turns up this week.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 7 Oct 2012 17:34:23 669 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAnDOSW8go

    Arsechickens

  • Deleted user 7 October 2012 18:11:41
    kingnothing12 wrote:
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    Man, you guys were not wrong, the new Sylosis album is fucking awesome! The riffs are way, way more interesting here compared to their last album. Top Stuff.

    And as already said, Josh sounds fantastic, really suprised at how good his cleans sound.
    Have you recieved your copy then? I tried looking for my conformation email the other day but could not find it. I've still got the paypal email confirming i've paid through them. Hoping it turns up this week.
    yeah, it arrived yesterday morning, I didnt recieve an email saying it had been dispatched. If I remember correctly you can actually track your order on their site, may be worth a gander.

    Edited by TearYouAsunder at 20:15:23 07-10-2012
  • Maturin 7 Oct 2012 18:19:50 2,892 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Check out Causemos - really great metal from Finland. You can download their EP for free at bandcamp, but be a good sport and throw them a few Euro as it's a cracking record.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 13:52:17
    So anybody excited about the new Wintersun album finally coming out? 8 years in the making and less than 2 weeks away.

    While their definitely an overrated band Ive always enjoyed Jari's work, he writes the most incredible riffs and as power metal vocals go, hes fucking awesome..and I fucking hate power metal vocals traditionally.

    Edited by TearYouAsunder at 14:00:58 09-10-2012
  • FuzzyDuck 10 Oct 2012 19:20:09 3,922 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, Relapse has the super-pimped out edition of Death's 'Spiritual Healing' up on their site. Do want!

    Will probably settle for the 3CD edition, monies ain't too great right now!

    Edited by FuzzyDuck at 19:20:31 10-10-2012
  • FuzzyDuck 17 Oct 2012 21:40:49 3,922 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decent free sampler going here on Earbits. You don't even need to supply an email address.

    Features Autopsy, Obscura, Spawn of Possession, Exhumed, Dying Fetus, Abysmal Dawn and a few other goodies.
  • warlockuk 19 Oct 2012 13:06:02 19,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, those pimped Death albums sound amazing.

    As for new KISS... Heard a track or two and it was one of the worst albums I've ever heard. Just... terrible. I'm told by a mate that the rest of the album is decent but those tracks I heard were just... shite.

    I'm a grumpy bastard.

  • Syrette 21 Oct 2012 01:32:48 43,114 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not exactly metal, but I've had to endure the new Aerosmith song at work for the last few days. It's a power ballad, say no more. Pretty sure I'd rather be listening to new KISS.

  • ILoveThrashMetal 21 Oct 2012 18:53:53 669 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3195804/exclusive-cattle-decapitation-release-what-might-just-be-the-most-nsfw-music-video-ever/
    Cattle Decapitation-Forced Gender Reassignment video
    WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    contains gore,violence,mutilation,sexual violence,blood,anal insertions,gimp suits,power tools,cut throat razors,tampons

    Arsechickens

  • cheeky_prawnking 21 Oct 2012 19:03:51 4,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone heard the new My Dying Bride album? Thoughts?

    Only just realised it is out, will inevitably purchase it.
  • Page

    of 289 First / Last

Log in or register to reply