The Official Metal Appreciation ThreadŽ Page 6

• Page

of 292 First / Last

• victor 24 Mar 2005 16:21:47 205 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    this is not entirely related, but for some reason i would like information on New Era Productions, is anyone familiar with this label ? I read they are Blackmetal, somewhere else i read they support fascist bands. Can anyone enlighten me ?
  • warlockuk 24 Mar 2005 16:36:19 19,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Mastodon are the most overated band around at the moment. >:(

/is annoyed that everyone else loves them and he just doesn't get it...
    Hmmm... That's how I feel about Nightwish... I keep trying to give 'em a go, but can't get past the whole feeling of *Average*.

Anyway, got the new Strapping Young Lad album last week. Album of the Year (so far). 45 minutes of sheer brutal insanity.
    I'll have to check that out. For me the new Desecration album "Process of Decay" is album of the year :)
    (So far...)

Incidentally, for anyone in the Sheffield area on Saturday Desecration are playing with local band Extreme Maggot Infestation and Black Stone Brutality at the Cricketer's Arms (due to a fuck up with booking the Corporation. D'oh). Doors around 8, probably a few sheets to get in. Should rock to fuck.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• shirubagan 24 Mar 2005 16:47:59 954 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Mastodon are the most overated band around at the moment. >:(

Well... I like them because they remind me of the best bits of Tool, Pink Floyd, Maiden and other stuff I listened to while growing up with the stuff I'm into now (At The Gates, In Flames, et al).

Not overrated by any means.

Now Nightwish... They are proper *meh*

edit: teh baddist spelz

Edited by shirubagan at 16:48:54 24-03-2005
  • Megapocalypse 24 Mar 2005 16:49:48 5,443 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /likes Nightwish -_-
  • reflux 24 Mar 2005 16:51:36 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    /likes Nightwish -_-
    I admire you for admitting it... but... :-I

/going to a SunnO))) concert tomorrow! :D
  • Megapocalypse 24 Mar 2005 16:52:30 5,443 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Im listening to Cralde of Filth - Nymphetamine at the moment. Im not big fan of CoF and Dani's vocal do get on my nerves after a while, but this is a fantastic album.
  • Frankypanky 24 Mar 2005 16:56:36 918 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    YYYYY! M! C! A!

IT'S FUN TO STAY AT THE... uh...

/nervously looks around

/runs out of thread
  • Deleted user 24 March 2005 16:56:57
    Megapocalypse wrote:Anyway, got the new Strapping Young Lad album last week. Album of the Year (so far). 45 minutes of sheer brutal insanity.
    I second that.

Speaking of good metal, I can't wait for Meshuggah's "Catch 33" to come out.
  • Dr.Haggard 24 Mar 2005 16:57:47 4,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    May I take this opportunity to mention this thread. Callisto are excellent, for anyone not familiar with them have a listen to Cold Stare on their site :o)

Edited by Dr.Haggard at 17:15:24 24-03-2005
  • reflux 24 Mar 2005 23:29:44 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    valli wrote:Speaking of good metal, I can't wait for Meshuggah's "Catch 33" to come out.
    *coughsI'vegotthepromoanditkicksass*
  • warlockuk 25 Mar 2005 00:11:07 19,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Im listening to Cralde of Filth - Nymphetamine at the moment. Im not big fan of CoF and Dani's vocal do get on my nerves after a while, but this is a fantastic album.
    Hand back your metal card.
    Right.fucking.now.

Fucking talentless hacks. *rants*

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Megapocalypse 25 Mar 2005 11:45:16 5,443 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Hand back your metal card.
    Right.fucking.now.

Fucking talentless hacks. *rants*

Bah. Have you heard Nymphetamine? Its more like a dark evil heavy metal album than their psuedo black metal stuff of the past. Very good.

:D
  • warlockuk 25 Mar 2005 12:42:43 19,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Bah. Have you heard Nymphetamine? Its more like a dark evil heavy metal album than their psuedo black metal stuff of the past. Very good.
    Yes. It's shit. :)
    They've been shit for about five years. It might have started that time it took 10 weeks and a dozen people to make an album that a monkey and his cat could have recorded; but they've got far worse since then.

I mean look at Vempire. They did that with one guitarist and it's a killer CD. Dusk + Cruelty were pretty good too. From Midian onwards is just shite. And what's with all the twee puns 'n' shit? They're not the Macc Lads :D

But I digress... Their new album sucks. :)

(As an interesting postscript, they were at a festival I was at last year. We were all walking about doin' the daffy duck impressions :D)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• reflux 26 Mar 2005 02:29:19 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Back from the SunnO))) gig. That was... different :I 50 minutes of earth shattering drone-doom. Stood next to one of the PA speakers and thank god I had really good ear plugs and even so, my ears are ringing. Still a bit worried, I might have internal bleedings caused by the massive wall of sound.

Weird as fuck.

• warlockuk 26 Mar 2005 03:26:06 19,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just to remind anyone near Sheffield; Desecration, Extreme Maggot Infestation and Black Stone Brutality at the Cricketer's Arms tomorrow night :)

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 26 March 2005 08:51:55
    reflux wrote:*coughsI'vegotthepromoanditkicksass*
    Ah, let me guess... it leaked? I visited them yesterday in the studio and we talked about leaks in the promo process. They hated it too, but agreed it probably doesn't hurt them as much as it hurts, say, Metallica.

I got the real promo from them too, btw. :) I like!
  • reflux 26 Mar 2005 11:40:01 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    valli wrote:Ah, let me guess... it leaked?
    Oooh yes, last week actually. But when is the real CD coming out? And... hrm, you know them? :o
  • Megapocalypse 30 Mar 2005 09:36:10 5,443 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ordered Cannibal Corpse - Live Cannibalism, and Wintersun - Wintersun last night. Should be good when they arrive. :D
  • Deleted user 30 March 2005 09:39:03
    reflux wrote: But when is the real CD coming out? And... hrm, you know them? :o
    I think they said mid May. I've known them for a long time, helped them with the site and even edited their "Cyanide Christ" video.

We took some promo shots for their record company last week, which is pretty cool since it's the first time I'm going to get paid for it. \o/
  • reflux 30 Mar 2005 14:33:16 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah, megacoolness :D *second degree of Meshuggah through valli* Their BEST video is the one from their tour bus though. Bloody brilliant :) You should make more videos for them, I'll help for free :D
  • Deleted user 30 March 2005 14:40:05
    reflux wrote:Their BEST video is the one from their tour bus though. Bloody brilliant :)
    That's the one I edited! *blush*
  • warlockuk 30 Mar 2005 15:34:08 19,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Ordered Cannibal Corpse - Live Cannibalism, and Wintersun - Wintersun last night. Should be good when they arrive. :D
    Live Cannibalism's not bad - lemmie know what the Wintersun's like, though? :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Menace 31 Mar 2005 15:52:30 5,766 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally bought Isis (Oceanic and Panopticon) yesterday.. after having had dl'ed a few tracks from either record..

Its roaring and rumbling and growling from my speakers now - really digging this - thx to whoever suggested them! =)

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• richardiox 31 Mar 2005 16:10:27 5,611 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Listened to Obituary "World Demise" last night

Blew my balls off!

Are they still together?
  • Dr.Haggard 31 Mar 2005 16:20:35 4,217 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Menace wrote:
    Finally bought Isis (Oceanic and Panopticon) yesterday.. after having had dl'ed a few tracks from either record..

Its roaring and rumbling and growling from my speakers now - really digging this - thx to whoever suggested them! =)
    Glad to hear it. They're touring in April so see if you can catch them.

Panopticon for album of the decade! :o)
  • reflux 31 Mar 2005 17:22:18 1,804 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    Other than that, a lot of new stuff seems a bit devrivative or just damn weird (since when has a metal band needed some bloke with a pair of record decks in it?!).
    Listening to the new Corrosion of Confirmity CD right now, "In the Arms of God". Check it out. They've got a jazz musician on the drums and it VERY much reminds me of the good old Sabbath-days. Not bad at all.
  • warlockuk 31 Mar 2005 17:40:45 19,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Listened to Obituary "World Demise" last night

Blew my balls off!

Are they still together?

Hell yes! I saw them a few months back with Visceral Bleeding and Master. (I think it was Visceral Bleeding, I can't remember).

And they kicked arse.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• OllyJ 31 Mar 2005 19:24:46 3,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    yer, metal.

I been listening to Trivium and the new soilwork album.

also Full blown chaos (like hatebreed and stampin ground, proper chugging) and Throwdown-haymaker are excellent metal albums.
  • OllyJ 31 Mar 2005 19:25:41 3,285 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love Obituary I saw them in Coventry about 8 years ago, supported by orange goblin and cathedral!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 Mar 2005 19:30:33 38,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Strapping Young Lad - Alien

That's all I'm saying :-)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 292 First / Last