Rage Page 2

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• absolutezero 14 Aug 2009 00:55:49 7,956 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:
    absolutezero wrote:
    It looks like what the combat in Fallout 3 should have been.

/baits

Sorry I thought Fallout 3 was shit.

Who said I was baiting you?

Worked though do ho ho hoooooooooooooo oh disc.
  • Deleted user 14 August 2009 01:06:25
    Well bully for you, sir, bully.
  • jozz 14 Aug 2009 01:23:29 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He probably hasn't played it. Plus his profile picture/blurb combo makes him look like a bit of a paedophile.
  • Hunam 14 Aug 2009 02:12:39 20,674 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dunno, I pity him for being involved with 2K.

/shudders
  • Deleted user 14 August 2009 05:26:54
    Looked great, better than Borderlands. The car combat plus leaping/giant angry mutants wins over a bazillion guns imo. Does look very Fallout 3ish but the actual FPS aspect of that game was crap. See what the reviews say I guess but I'm crossing my fingers.
  • silentbob 14 Aug 2009 07:45:39 28,958 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Watched it. Dunno. It just looks like any other FPS + Motorstorm lite with guns.
    From a technical point of view it looks a cut above. The level of detail in the outdoor vistas look superb, as does character animation. Some nice design in there too, even in incidental effects like particles in the explosions.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• silentbob 14 Aug 2009 08:05:37 28,958 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think the editing is absolutely by-the-numbers yer, for me though it looks like offering something fresh (if not entirely unique) in a pretty box. As a graphics whore with a penchant for FPS, that'll do very nicely thank you,

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Spooke 14 Aug 2009 10:45:59 113 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That trailer just looked like Half Life 2 to me...
  • m0th3rfunk3r 14 Aug 2009 17:05:17 464 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    there are a few factors that we need to consider before we come to any conclusion on this game.

1. Its from id
    2. Its from id

Lets take point number 1.

id software. One of the most well known FPS game based designers in the world. Responsible for titles such as Doom, Quake 1/2/3. Spent most of my teenage years thinking "this is where gaming is going and its great" largely thanks to id and quake 3 arena.

Lets take point number 2.

its id software and since quake 3 they have pretty much done nothing and have fallen (largely) behind the times. Doom 3 was not very good and fell off the radar after about 10 mins. The quake series was handed to Raven and pretty much died a death...... Wofenstein too..... Yeah, in recent years id havent really done much.

And now theres RAGE.

Im totally scepticle about this. From what I have seen the car sections look like a cross between Carmagedon and some other generic racer that I cant remember the name of. I do not like the look of the racing sections at all. I also am unsure of how the racing sections work and if you are in charge of the guns...... the demo shows the car going one direction with the guns firing in another.... dont know how this works....

The FPS sections look alright..... the character design is quite nice..... the explosions look good..... Not seen anything to do with multiplayer which is where almost every other game is going (co-op versus.....whatever)

so..... in summation. Not sure if I should be excited or what with this one im afraid......

• Xerx3s 14 Aug 2009 17:19:37 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rubbish. Doom 3 was awesome, we still play it at lans. Wolvenstein was awesome as well, it's MP is incredibly popular even today.
  • Hunam 14 Aug 2009 17:33:44 20,674 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks amazing to me. Despite what people think, Doom 3 never just vanished, tons of mods have been made for it, not on the scale of previous games but it has an active community still.

id games pretty much always sell well, and this time around Carmack is focusing on performance and graphics rather than making a gigantic engine and waiting for the world to catch up. I think it will add a nice flavour of fun which seems to have gone missing from shooters in recent years.
  • HoriZon 14 Aug 2009 17:35:52 13,530 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Doom 3 started well but go so dull halfway through and id haven't done anything as good as Quake 2 which was like 11 years ago?

But i have hopes for Rage and Doom 4 next year.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Hunam 14 Aug 2009 17:38:30 20,674 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They assisted on the rather brilliant quake wars and assisted on quake 4 I believe, which explains the length of time between games, but they are staffing up now to keep things moving forward at a better pace.
  • krushing 14 Aug 2009 17:40:57 777 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RTCW wasn't precisely made by id, though, they just "oversaw the production" while Grey Matter did their thing and Nerve did the MP. Doom 3 fell off the radar in 10 mins? It was well received and a commercial success @ 3.5 million copies sold.
  • Syrette 15 Aug 2009 15:41:02 43,337 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Excited for both this and Borderlands.

I've yet to actually buy Fallout 3 too. Might get all 3 this Winter for some post-apocalypse goodness.

• Hunam 15 Aug 2009 15:42:55 20,674 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To backtrack a bit from earlier statements made here and elsewhere, seems it is RPG style, like stalker from the impressions posted from Quakecon, but with a heavy emphesis on a living work, apparently they have gone all out on animation.

So, Fallout 3, but not shit.
  • Machetazo 17 Apr 2010 14:47:27 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did this phone ahead to let everyone know it'd be late, or just not bother showing up? Oh, yeah, I forgot...It's an id game. I still hope it will be given some kind of big E3 showing, though, because it looked really good fun before, especially a section in what looked like a giant shopping mall/plaza.
  • Hunam 17 Apr 2010 14:57:32 20,674 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, for their size they punch above their weight, but the deal with Zenimax was about funding and expansion. I can see id becoming a new company in the next 2 or so years with a much bigger output.
  • Machetazo 17 Apr 2010 15:03:11 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wasn't complaining, more stating. I recognise that's just the way they do things. Although, at least some kind of drip-feed of media or new details would have been good, from then 'til now. Hopefully, the cover will get lifted on this, more fully, soon.
  • Hunam 17 Apr 2010 15:05:27 20,674 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest, Bethesda/Zenimax know how to market a game properly, so I think they're waiting for id to tell them a date before they break out the media guns.
  • Machetazo 17 Jun 2010 15:55:43 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    G4 took a good, long look at Rage, as part of their E3 coverage. ID still got it! That game looks hugely impressive. Three clips are up on their site about the game, including a mission walkthrough. Good details and highlights to be gleaned, from their guest on stage, talking about Rage.

Having watched it, the biggest thing I took away from that, that's great about Rage, is that it looks such brilliantly good fun to move through that world, to do your missions, and ofc, shoot bad guys in the face. That has been a major failing of some of these games, imho. That you're just shuttling between encounters, the actual journey is staid, and almost irrelevant to the experience. Unless you're being shot at, it's not that fun to play.
    But, here, it looks like you have a fully realised environment, so that it is interesting to get in to what's going on around you.

They also mentioned that they're locked at 60FPS on console (the demoed gameplay was shown running on each of the platforms, (the mission itself, on 360; hub, PS3)) and the game will ship with the tools the designers used to make the game, at launch, on PC to give the modding community the best start. It'll be out, next year, for the mentioned platforms.
  • Vortex808 17 Jun 2010 20:08:54 7,078 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks fun from that link Machetazo, but it's taking a looong time to get released. Can't be too long now surely?
  • Deleted user 29 June 2010 20:00:14
    the videos look lovely, the developer says locked at 60 fps rather than capped. this will be a great feat. the presentation and control will be amongst the best for fps on a current console.

the preview on this site mentions interesting gameplay ideas and mechanics yet the videos all appear to show standard fps stuff. what does this refer to? what does this game do to make it intriguing?

Because what id is bringing to the table looks very impressive, so far. Rage is a beautiful-looking shooter and there are some intriguing gameplay ideas being implemented here.

okay, it appears to be a generic wasteland, the typical post-apocolyptic setting but the developer mentioned some interesting sci-fi elements which they aren't ready to elaborate on at this stage.

i suppose that could be the intrigue.
  • pinebear 12 Aug 2010 20:50:56 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    John Carmack is talking about this at QuakeCon at the mo. Live stream is here: http://www.quakecon.org/gallery/livefeed.shtml

• pinebear 12 Aug 2010 21:12:04 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's thrilling.

• FutureDave 12 Aug 2010 21:14:37 534 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rage @ 60fps on an iPhone

Carmack is a bloody genius.
  • VandelayIndustries 12 Aug 2010 21:35:57 1,523 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    His attitude is outstanding. I love John Carmack.
  • Page

of 69 First / Last