Edited by Razz at 16:44:00 25-04-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Pumpatron 25 Apr 2012 16:59:01 376 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Razz

I wouldn't say the whole game was rushed. Just the ending seemed very abrupt. Generally it was good I thought. It was lacking in the story department and the end mission was a let down, but apart from that I thought it was pretty good.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Apr 2012 07:51:34 11,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Return trip to Dead City last night and now on to the Eastern Wasteland. Just passed 10 hours - any idea how long it'll take me to polish it off?
  • J.C 28 Apr 2012 09:05:10 1,271 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished it the other day. I did enjoy the game. I liked the visuals. the 60 fps megatextures etc was impressive. What i didnt like was the baked in shadows, blurry textures up close, and the lack of interaction with objects. almost everything is static, and wont move if you smack it with your gun etc. The gameplay also feels old. The gunplay is solid and enjoyable, but plays and feels like its playing by the numbers. The last mission in particular was a letdown. I was expecting massive enemies imaginative set pieces etc. But it was so short! Anyway, i enjoyed it while it lasted. Roll on doom 4, lets hope you have a bit more meat on your bones!
  • kimchibaka 14 May 2012 14:32:02 51 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Headed onto this after having a bit of a mediocre experience with Resistance 3, and I've absolutely loved it! It's perfect for a couple of hours gaming, and very easy to dip/out of. Having picked it up secondhand for almost nothing I felt like supporting the developer at least a little as I know sales haven't been great, so I've just ordered a new Anarchy Edition for a tenner, and will pass on the old copy to a friend.

I'm still in Wellspring but been playing a fair few hours and clearing up everything. I'm prepared for the poor ending (without knowing what it is exactly it sounds like it just totally runs out of steam) but so far having a blast :)
  • hypoBla5t 14 May 2012 17:57:06 1,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can't believe it's just ended after 10 hours. I did a decent amount of sidequests if not all and most of the races.

I loved it but that combined with the ending left me with the distinct flavour of 'eau de WTF' in my mouth.
  • hypoBla5t 14 May 2012 17:58:50 1,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah, I stand corrected, my steam account tells me 14.6, it must not take into account deaths etc in your save file time.
  • Flying_Pig 14 May 2012 20:04:01 11,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was gonna say - I'm probably up to 12 hours and still have a handful of missions to do!
  • Flying_Pig 30 May 2012 07:30:35 11,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally finished this! Took about 15 hours, but i did get the Obcessive Complusive Trophy.

I know it's been said before but the whole ending was very abrupt and a bit disappointing. Still I really enjoyed the shooting mechanics of the game, although I found the RPG aspects a bit weak and the races were mainly irritating.

Still, well worth playing and at the very least shows what a Fallout game could look like if they used IDTech5 :)
  • Tomo 10 Jul 2012 00:13:38 13,955 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm... just started playing this on my PC. Aside from being a buggy mess, I'm left feeling very cold at the moment. It feels so generic, and for an id game I'm not left feeling absolutely astounded by the graphics. Sure, they're very nice, but they're not the leap Doom 3 was for instance. idTech5 just looks like a shinier version of that engine.

The characters I've met so far are truly dull, the fetch quests and plot I've experienced time and time before and the loading times and frequency are dire.

I'll persevere but I'm glad I only paid a fiver for it so far.

Gun fights are great mind, just a shame they stuck so much other faff in the way too.
  • Dirtbox 10 Jul 2012 01:18:20 78,572 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As with all Id games, it's a tech demo with the game and story tacked in as an afterthought. If there's one thing it does well over other games, it's the lighting, which is astonishing at times. The megatexture business is a load of hot air though, I didn't think at any point it offered a significant advantage over games with traditional texturing, in fact most of the time most of the textures were a shitty, blurry mess that went for style over detail.

All in all a bit pointless and definitely not worth the ridiculous 25gb install.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Brave_Dave 10 Jul 2012 02:39:53 103 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Play Borderlands instead, even solo it's 200x more engaging than this. Rage does some AMAZING atmosphere at times, but the progress and urge to win is dire after 4 hours....
  • Brave_Dave 10 Jul 2012 02:41:18 103 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Charlie_Miso 9 Oct 2012 01:29:42 1,191 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't play a lot (any) FPSs but was pretty happy overall with my play through here .

12 hours - just the story missions (did one side mission where I drove for 2 mins , picked a flowers, shot 2 minutes, then drove back - after that side missions were off the table).

Weapons were good, levels were not confusing (big plus for me), aesthetics were pretty cool and an OK mix of enemies (apart from those dickheads who did a roll at your feet the whole time - the Jackals I think.

Driving was horrific and pointless - as were the races. Don't start me on the minigames.
  • neilka 9 Oct 2012 01:52:26 16,329 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finished it and the only thing I can remember is that John Goodman was in it. He was alright.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Charlie_Miso 9 Oct 2012 07:15:40 1,191 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't have been cheap - and he was only in it for the first couple of hours.

Strange casting.
  • Flying_Pig 9 Oct 2012 13:52:23 11,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My memories of Rage have softened in the months since I finished it. I can overlook the races and crappy ending, and instead remember the looks a feel of it, alongside the solid gun play and interesting locations.

As a pure FPS, it's probably up there with anything else I've played.
  • Vortex808 9 Oct 2012 19:31:13 7,343 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I enjoyed it overall. It was essentially a corridor shooter, but it did it very well. I liked the wingstick, spiderbots and turrets very much. Some side quests not so much.
  • robthehermit 18 Dec 2012 11:03:24 4,186 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So anybody else getting the new dlc today? File size is a bit huge though. 2.16gb. Ouch.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Vortex808 18 Dec 2012 12:11:22 7,343 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sadly not, I got rid of my copy not that long ago either. If I'd known I might well have kept it to try this!
  • Popzeus 30 Dec 2012 20:57:55 8,389 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Picked this up for a fiver today from Sainsburys bargain bin. Never been overly interested in it before but rude not to at this price.

First impressions rather good, certainly the best-looking 360 game I've seen running at 60fps.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Reacher 30 Dec 2012 21:16:44 857 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rage is a massively underrated game. Enjoy it :)
  • Triggerhappytel 30 Dec 2012 21:45:22 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really liked Rage. Probably my second favourite FPS of 2011 after the console release of Crysis. The story was kind of bullshit but the gunplay was excellent and it has a lot of tactical options akin to BioShock. I traded it in as I didn't see myself playing it again, but if I see it cheap I'll get it again for the DLC.
  • Red_Dwarf_Posse 9 Feb 2013 17:47:06 10 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoyed it. Replayed it to get the Compulsive trophy and try and get the Platinum before Colonial Marines arrives. Not touched Scorchers stuff yet but the Sewers DLC is pretty poor so far, having found two.
  • jellyhead 8 Mar 2013 13:04:55 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally started Rage and it's an id game all right. The shooting is great and at times the enviroments are stunning. I think Carmack is agenious for making a game where the objects look better the further away from them you are. Like the inverse of most other engines which try to look good close up.

The shooting is solid, environments are pretty, the character modelling is great so far as too is the audio atmosphere. It seemslike a good, solid game but there's something lacking i can't quite fathom yet. I'm only 2 hours in though so let's see.

Do enemies take damage when they are in a 'staggered' animation?
    I seem to have to shoot, wait for the animation to finish then shoot again for shots to register. Is that right? Or is it just the feedback that stops and they still take damage?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Flying_Pig 8 Mar 2013 13:40:44 11,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pretty sure they're still taking damage.

Very good game and some of the later 'levels' are excellent
  • Deleted user 8 March 2013 14:23:09
    I'm toying with starting this soon. Any idea the play time in it? Really want to get cracking with it but if it's a biggie, which it looks like, then may leave it til after bioshock infinite.
  • Flying_Pig 8 Mar 2013 14:25:43 11,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - I seem to erecall I clocked about 12 hours, finishing all side missions and races. And I'm not one of these people who gets through games quickly...
  • Triggerhappytel 8 Mar 2013 14:27:55 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ten to fifteen hours is reasonable, depending on how thorough you are. It's a great game and we'll worth its current prices.
  • Salaman 8 Mar 2013 14:34:49 19,312 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I'm half way or three quarters through the game butmy savegame is on my old PC with the dead PSU.

I can't be bothered to restart and I can't be bothered opening up two cases and getting the HDD out to hook up to the new one to transfer the files. I do need to do it sometime as quite a few steam games also still have saves on the old HDD.

Meh.
  • Page

of 69 First / Last