Rage Page 67

• Page

of 69 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 January 2012 17:00:33
    Stuck a few hours into the campaign today and I'm really enjoying it so far. Artifically extending the game by sending you back to completed 'dungeons' is a bit lame though.

Not too bothered by the driving sections yet and the shooting is suitably satisfying (as was expected).

I started on Normal and it's fairly straightforward, wish I'd started on Hard tbh.
  • evild_edd 17 Jan 2012 18:18:27 3,017 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Stuck a few hours into the campaign today and I'm really enjoying it so far. Artifically extending the game by sending you back to completed 'dungeons' is a bit lame though.

Not too bothered by the driving sections yet and the shooting is suitably satisfying (as was expected).

I started on Normal and it's fairly straightforward, wish I'd started on Hard tbh.
    Wish I'd played it on Hard as well. Nightmare might've been a bit too much, mind :S

There's less repeating of dungeons as you progress - don't think any are repeated once you hit the second town/disc (which is much shorter/smaller than the first, BTW).

I wouldn't bother with the sewers, the loot was average and they're just a time-sink. No achievements either (if you're in to that sort of thing), other than helping toward general sentry/bot/stealth/kill achievements.

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• polaris70 17 Jan 2012 20:26:20 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah anybody starting this should really play on the hardest difficulty, they'll get more out of it. I completed it on the second hardest setting like I do most games, but it was still pretty easy to what I expected (although I had just come off a 2 month BF3 session so my FPS skills were pretty much honed).

Edited by polaris70 at 20:28:37 17-01-2012
  • Flying_Pig 3 Feb 2012 21:03:28 10,722 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any thoughts of difficulty choice for a relative non-FPS player? I'm thinking second hardest (I.e. not Nightmare)

Also - how open is it? I've heard there are lots of collectables - will I be able to go back and search for 'em or is it more linear than that?
  • Deleted user 3 February 2012 21:09:10
    Normal for me and it is hard enough. Enemies are bloody scary at times and I'm always running out of ammo.
  • Gl3n Moderator 7 Feb 2012 09:52:36 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This has been a surprising revelation. Really enjoying things so far, for the price it's going pre-owned i'm a bit stumped as to why more on my friends list haven't bothered.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• robthehermit 7 Feb 2012 09:57:04 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pre-owned!! The price it's going for 'New Game Fresh' should have more people buying it. The Anarchy Edition can be had everywhere for 12.50. Which is an absolute steal.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Gl3n Moderator 7 Feb 2012 09:59:02 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm a bit miffed my brother bought me a pre-owned copy for my bday tbh :| Where's my sewer DLC?

Cheap skate.

• robthehermit 7 Feb 2012 10:16:50 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The sewers aren't much cop. They're useful for grinding out turret kills etc but not much of interest ever happens in them. The armour is aces though, that bit where you had to choose your stat boost, not a problem with Crimson Elite, you get all 3.

In your brothers defends trying to find a new copy of an older game on the high street is a virtual impossibility. I've probably got a larger selection of new, old, unplayed games on my shelf than all 3 of my local Game/Gamestation stores combined.

• Murbal 7 Feb 2012 10:28:46 21,941 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    I'm a bit miffed my brother bought me a pre-owned copy for my bday tbh :| Where's my sewer DLC?

Cheap skate.
    Gl3n - I've got a spare code if you want, got the anarchy edition stuff too.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Edited by Murbal at 10:29:13 07-02-2012
  • Vortex808 7 Feb 2012 10:35:02 6,975 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The sewer stuff's not too much of a miss Gl3n, certainly not from the ones I did anyway. They're mostly just a chance to creep about getting some more loot and killing mutants.
  • Deckard1 7 Feb 2012 10:39:12 27,256 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't know why but I just really can't get in to this. I'm just finding it dull.
  • Salaman 7 Feb 2012 11:21:40 18,879 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tried to go back to my game over the weekend. Last time I played I did a huge section of some quest with some boss fight thrown in but then got myself killed a little while after and couldn't face restarting.

This weekend, I walked through this same area, devoid of enemies and I can't find wheere to go from there. The only way froward seems to be a door that's blocked off. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something or it's a glitch. :-/

My only other option is to restart the whole bloody thing. Meh.
  • robthehermit 7 Feb 2012 11:34:43 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there not a quest marker on you map?

• Vortex808 7 Feb 2012 11:37:17 6,975 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sometimes it's not, especially after you've done the quest. It's then a case of remembering how to retrace your steps.

I had a bit of an issue getting out of a gearhead vault at one point.
  • Murbal 7 Feb 2012 11:41:32 21,941 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I keep hearing things like 10-15 hours for this, yet I've done 9 hours and I'm still on the first disc (360, natch!).
  • Gl3n Moderator 7 Feb 2012 11:44:28 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    In your brothers defends trying to find a new copy of an older game on the high street is a virtual impossibility. I've probably got a larger selection of new, old, unplayed games on my shelf than all 3 of my local Game/Gamestation stores combined.
    Bully's going for 75 quid on Amazon these days. Lunacy!

I suppose my completionist mentalism isn't quite satisfied unless i've toured every nook and cranny. I say that, having already travelled to the eastern wastes, whoops!

• Knighty 7 Feb 2012 13:06:45 978 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started playing this over the weekend on Nightmare - pretty good so far. Probably the best looking open world game I've played on the 360.

Generally satisfying gameplay but needs more side quests - I only ever seem to get one at a time! Also stuck on the 'mutant menace' sniper job board quest as the sniper rifle seems really inaccurate in this.
  • robthehermit 7 Feb 2012 13:26:31 3,986 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't seem to do that one either.

• Flying_Pig 12 Apr 2012 23:08:44 10,722 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been plugging away at this for the past month or so, generally enjoying it, but not feeling wowed. However, I did Dead City this evening - what a fantastic 'level'! In some ways Rage would do better to have followed a Bulletstorm structure, rather than trying to do the whole RPGS-lite thing.

The game's certainly at its best when you're stalking through ruined settlements picking off mutants and bandits.
  • fletch7100 12 Apr 2012 23:17:53 6,992 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah the dead city level,has been a highlight for me, just imagine more work on that engine for doom4 we will be in for a treat
  • Pumpatron 14 Apr 2012 12:04:59 374 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only just got around to playing this. I'm impressed, it's a lot of fun. The combat is great, it's so slick and smooth to play.

The visuals have really impressed me, from the detail, lighting and art direction, it's all great. And all at 60fps! After I've killed all the enemies in an area I keep finding myself wandering around just admiring the visuals, something I don't normally do. The music and sound is great to.

There are some issues with blurred textures, and some textures don't load straight away, but on the whole it's very impressive.
  • mikeck 25 Apr 2012 09:48:40 1,905 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have also just got around to playing Rage (had it since day-one too...) and it's a very solid, fun, game. Like Borderlands, I like driving around finding trouble/missions and then getting into some solid gunplay/firefights; both mechanics work rather nicely. The races are a bit too easy, and not engaging enough, but still a nice addition to the game.

I am having so much texture pop-up it's insane (PS3 version), but it's not spoiling the game. It's amazing how beautiful the game can look, but at the same time how some of the close-up textures and animations can be so ropey.

Currently mopping up missions in Wellspring (about to head to Dead City for the first time) and really enjoying myself.

Edited by mikeck at 09:49:19 25-04-2012
  • jabberwoky 25 Apr 2012 13:08:21 467 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am on the last but one mission, and was also very impressed, the game has some fantastic art and atmos, and the gunfights are great. Wish it was longer, seems a bit short but I did it on normal which was probably a mistake, although I never bothered with gimmicks like turrets or healing or fancy bullets, (except a few fatboys) so that may have bumped it up a bit. The card game is good, and its easy to make a lot of money on it, just buy lots of tough expensive cards regardless of faction.
  • Razz 25 Apr 2012 13:36:41 60,778 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    I have also just got around to playing Rage (had it since day-one too...) and it's a very solid, fun, game. Like Borderlands, I like driving around finding trouble/missions and then getting into some solid gunplay/firefights; both mechanics work rather nicely. The races are a bit too easy, and not engaging enough, but still a nice addition to the game.

I am having so much texture pop-up it's insane (PS3 version), but it's not spoiling the game. It's amazing how beautiful the game can look, but at the same time how some of the close-up textures and animations can be so ropey.

Currently mopping up missions in Wellspring (about to head to Dead City for the first time) and really enjoying myself.
    Your impressinos are the same as mine, I loved it too, admired the graphics and the combat, the racing is quite good too. :) I really hope you finish it and don't encounter the same frustrations I had with the second half of the game. Without spoiling anything I found that by that point I found the lack a variety very tiresome, It's odd though as the second half is more visually stunning than the first (for me), but it wasn't enough to keep me playing, it was just same oh same oh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• MissRiddlez 25 Apr 2012 14:47:21 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's probably a very good game, I just haven't got the hang of it yet :( I've been trying. Will try again.
  • richarddavies 25 Apr 2012 15:58:08 2,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Been playing this on and off for awhile now. I got up to a point yesterday where theres a (better spoiler it incase) you fight a giant skyscraper sized fucker with a rocket launcher.I died the first time but thought fuck it not too matter I can't be to far back when it reloads butonce it loads up I'm about half an hour back! I don't have the patience for that sort of shit anymore so I turned it off for now.
  • Razz 25 Apr 2012 16:15:51 60,778 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Have you got the difficulty on hard? Because that bit is actually rather easy.

• Pumpatron 25 Apr 2012 16:37:20 374 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd definitely recommend playing on hard. I started out on normal, but it was too easy and I was breezing through fire fights.

I'm doing a second play on nightmare now, it's challenging, but not too difficult. I'm using the engineering items more this time, the sentry bot is great for tricky situations.

The end was a bit rubbish, seemed like half a mission, no end boss and it didn't really get into what the authority were up to, you didn't find out what happened to the mayor either, I though you'd find him being dissected in a lab and turned into a mutant or something. Seemed like they ran out of time or ideas. Good game though.
  • Razz 25 Apr 2012 16:40:58 60,778 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah the whole games feels rushed tbh, it's a shame they didn't do with it,. It's almost as if they spent loads of time on the engine and assets and the game was mearly an afterthought. I just wonder if they ran out of money.

• Page

of 69 First / Last