Upcoming Films on TV that are worth watching.. Page 3

  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

  • Madder-Max 19 Sep 2007 10:02:35 11,649 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it just me then that did not find Shaun of The dead to be that funny? Its ok for the first half hour but then it kind of just repeats itself gag wise and gets tired quick.

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • glaeken 19 Sep 2007 10:10:10 11,171 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I did not find Shaun of the Dead that funny either.
    I think part of the problem I had with it is it seemed like they could not decide if they were making a comedy or a serious film. It ends up occupying that odd area where its not really either for me.

    I actually thought the same about Hot fuzz as well.

    Neither reached the heights of Spaced.
  • tenofspades 23 Sep 2007 13:52:51 1,693 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Groundhog day on again on ITV2 at 14.15.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 23 Sep 2007 13:55:06 7,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    tenofspades wrote:
    Groundhog day on again on ITV2 at 14.15.

    One of my favourite local cinemas does a double bill every Sunday. Best one ever is when they showed Groundhog Day followed by Groundhog Day. :)
  • semprini 24 Sep 2007 16:53:19 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LA Confidential on Ch4 tonight, 10:55pm.
  • semprini 17 Nov 2007 15:55:55 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A quick heads up as there's two very good films on tonight:

    Downfall is on Channel 4 at 9pm, it's long but worth it.
    Or you have the awesome Donnie Darko on BBC2 at 9:30pm.
  • Kostabi 17 Nov 2007 16:00:46 4,925 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pac-man ate my wife wrote:
    tenofspades wrote:
    Groundhog day on again on ITV2 at 14.15.

    One of my favourite local cinemas does a double bill every Sunday. Best one ever is when they showed Groundhog Day followed by Groundhog Day. :)

    Haha, that's genius. I wish I had a local cinema like that.
  • semprini 17 Nov 2007 20:45:06 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    Downfall is on Channel 4 at 9pm, it's long but worth it.
    Or you have the awesome Donnie Darko on BBC2 at 9:30pm.

    Bumped for anyone in need of something good to watch tonight.
  • Deleted user 17 November 2007 20:49:17
    semprini wrote:
    semprini wrote:
    Downfall is on Channel 4 at 9pm, it's long but worth it.
    Or you have the awesome Donnie Darko on BBC2 at 9:30pm.

    Bumped for anyone in need of something good to watch tonight.

    Good work.

    Downfall is good, though I can't watch it now without thinking about that xbox live dub.

    I also have a theory about DD: it wouldn't have been as popular as it was if it wasn't for the soundtrack.

    (though I like it regardless)
  • semprini 19 Nov 2007 15:39:02 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tonight:

    House Of Flying Daggers, 9pm, Film4.
    Fight Club, 10:05pm, More4.
  • semprini 3 Dec 2007 16:05:58 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A few good choices tonight:

    Napoleon Dynamite - Film 4, 9pm.
    Escape From New York - ITV4, 9pm.
    The Descent - channel 4, 10pm.
    Goodfellas - channel 5, 10pm.

    I've never actually seen Escape From New York, so may give that a go for a laugh.
  • Hunam 3 Dec 2007 16:09:05 20,674 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Might watch The Descent, mostly because the whole cave thing freaks me the fuck out, so genuine chills are bound to occur.
  • pjmaybe 3 Dec 2007 16:10:10 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    I've never actually seen Escape From New York, so may give that a go for a laugh.

    It's ace. The sequel sucked arse though.

    Look out for Chef from South Park doing his thang, baby.

    Peej
  • Deleted user 3 December 2007 16:11:23
    The Descent is fucking rubbish.
  • semprini 3 Dec 2007 20:53:54 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    Napoleon Dynamite - Film 4, 9pm.
    Escape From New York - ITV4, 9pm.
    The Descent - channel 4, 10pm.
    Goodfellas - channel 5, 10pm.
    Bump, two about to start.
  • semprini 17 Dec 2007 11:19:28 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pan's Labyrinth, Film4 9pm.
    Awesome film, try to watch it if you haven't seen it yet.

    Also worth watching:
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Channel 4 10pm.
  • magicpanda 17 Dec 2007 11:22:29 13,362 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Channel 4 10pm.

    Cracking soundtrack as well!
  • Ginger 17 Dec 2007 11:24:15 6,838 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    semprini wrote:
    Pan's Labyrinth, Film4 9pm.
    Awesome film, try to watch it if you haven't seen it yet.
    Seconded. Might watch this again tonight actually. Cheers for the heads up

    London open taekwondo champion

  • semprini 17 Dec 2007 11:24:35 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    semprini wrote:
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Channel 4 10pm.
    Cracking soundtrack as well!
    Yep! Bought the CD for someone for christmas :-D
  • pjmaybe 17 Dec 2007 11:25:12 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    semprini wrote:
    Pan's Labyrinth, Film4 9pm.
    Awesome film, try to watch it if you haven't seen it yet.
    Seconded. Might watch this again tonight actually. Cheers for the heads up

    Thirded - great film, plenty gory later on too.

    /rubs cheek

    Peej
  • Gibroon 17 Dec 2007 11:50:24 1,322 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pan's Labyrinth is already on freeview? Excellent I've been meaning to watch it for ages.
  • sailesh 17 Dec 2007 12:24:55 591 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I Sky+'d Pan's last night just in case I miss it - hopefully catch it sometime this week as the TV is always occupied ;_;

    Work http://www.sailesh-online.com | Play http://saileshcreates.tumblr.com

  • semprini 17 Dec 2007 20:34:32 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A quick bump for those that want to watch a great film tonight:

    Pan's Labyrinth - Film4, 9pm.
  • semprini 18 Dec 2007 16:45:09 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    City Of God is on Film4 tonight at 9pm. Another great film.

    And get in the spirit with possibly the best Christmas movie:
    Die Hard - ITV2, 11pm.
  • semprini 18 Dec 2007 22:53:48 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bumped because it's DIE HARD

    semprini wrote:
    And get in the spirit with possibly the best Christmas movie:
    Die Hard - ITV2, 11pm.
  • semprini 18 Dec 2007 23:00:46 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    that's unlucky, it's a top film.

    maybe i should try posting in here in the evening rather than the afternoon. hmm..
  • semprini 19 Dec 2007 19:08:40 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ITV2 have pulled some strings to get you all Christmassy 2 nights running.

    Die Hard is on again tonight. 9pm, ITV2.
    Everyone has to watch this sometime before Christmas.
  • semprini 20 Dec 2007 16:27:27 3,144 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    More Die Hard action tonight:

    Die Hard 2 - ITV2, 9pm.
  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

Log in or register to reply