Dexter Page 62

• Page

of 62 First / Last

Next
  • CosmicFuzz 20 May 2014 12:54:16 24,203 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like how they use that headline, then put spoiler warnings for the remainder of the article afterwards :D

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• Armoured_Bear 23 May 2014 23:50:50 10,985 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just finished catching up.
    Really poor ending and a poor series.
    The highlights were the hotness of Mazuka's daughter, Hannah and Jamie.
    How on earth did they get years out of Quinn, pointless character, badly acted, ditto Jamie. Matthews was also pointless.
    Complete waste of a series and a massive cop out at the end, it'll be back in a few years, guaranteed.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• yegon 24 May 2014 08:55:50 5,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, yeah, that ending. Absolutely one of the worst I've ever seen, really don't know what they were thinking. I had to rewind it briefly, I briefly thought "have I missed something?! That can't POSSIBLY be it!!".

You're right about Quinn, in the earlier seasons I thought he was leading up to something but he just bumbled along bringing very little.

Edited by yegon at 08:57:40 24-05-2014
  • Zizoo 25 May 2014 21:19:31 8,373 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know I'm late but how fucking miserable was that?

I was half expecting a Batman rip-off in Argentina with Dexter giving Harrison and Hannah a wink from another table.

I actually thought up until that point that it was better than season 5, 6 and 7 but looking back it was a mess. Mazuka's daughter was the most pointless character in this show and that's saying something. I can appreciate them trying to give him some depth but goddamnit couldn't that have happened in season 2 or 3?

The spin-off talk is predictable though and likely to "fix" how "sad" the ending was.
  • vijay_UK 25 May 2014 21:59:14 2,139 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zizoo

I was Dexter's staunchest supporter up until season 8, but have to admit the final season was utter wank. They had no clue how to finish the show, shame really.

But then again, I thought Twin Peaks season 2 (the final season also) was quite poor in comparison to season one, yet TP is so highly rated and with only 2 seasons?
  • B0rked_Gamer 25 May 2014 22:02:41 2,657 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I couldn't muster the courage to watch the latter half of series 8. The proper writers must have all been abducted and replaced with touchy-feely emo f...people.
  • B0rked_Gamer 25 May 2014 22:10:59 2,657 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some super-quick awesome research suggests Jennifer Yale was the problem.
  • kentmonkey 25 May 2014 22:48:31 20,673 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The final episode, not just the ending, is one of the worst bits of TV I've ever watched. And I loved the show. It was very sad to see it limp across the line in the way that it did.

That hospital scene was fucking terrible. Woeful.

:o(
  • Fruit_Salad 13 Jun 2014 11:29:42 305 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This needs to come back in my opinion. Funny and witty, some of the best darkly comic humour ever. Can't decide if they should dallas dream the last episode. One reason why having a Netflix account is so worth it. There are other reasons. Breaking!

I'm currently re-watching Dexter. A film would be epic if they did it right! perhaps a proper finishing with a film :p
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2014 11:50:51 10,985 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fruit_Salad wrote:
    This needs to come back in my opinion. Funny and witty, some of the best darkly comic humour ever. Can't decide if they should dallas dream the last episode. One reason why having a Netflix account is so worth it. There are other reasons. Breaking!

I'm currently re-watching Dexter. A film would be epic if they did it right! perhaps a proper finishing with a film :p
    No it doesn't, it was great but went to shit.
    Let it die.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Steve_Perry 13 Jun 2014 11:51:52 4,136 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I stopped after about series 3 because it went crap.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Chopsen 13 Jun 2014 11:53:29 15,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah. I ploughed through to the last season with gritted teeth, but even I gave up before the end. Such a shame
  • Fruit_Salad 13 Jun 2014 11:54:09 305 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    I stopped after about series 3 because it went crap.
    Is this when it went Mexican. Ironically 24 got better at this point. It's really awesome, and I suggests you go back to it if you can stick series 3. John Lithgow is fantastic as the trinity killer.
  • GuiltySpark 13 Jun 2014 12:40:16 6,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This was one of my favourite shows from S1 to S4. Whenever I recommend it, people seem kind of confused that I'm recommending it so highly despite half of the entire run ranging from average to fucking dogshit.

The latter seasons had some moments, but how a show can nosedive so heavily, I have no idea. Funnily enough I've never actually looked into it. Did the original writers simply just leave?

Get bent.

• Darren 13 Jun 2014 13:12:33 8,810 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    This was one of my favourite shows from S1 to S4. Whenever I recommend it, people seem kind of confused that I'm recommending it so highly despite half of the entire run ranging from average to fucking dogshit.

The latter seasons had some moments, but how a show can nosedive so heavily, I have no idea. Funnily enough I've never actually looked into it. Did the original writers simply just leave?
    Yes, I believe they did from season 5.

I did not like the last episode of Dexter at all but unlike others I really enjoyed seasons 1-7, even I will admit season 6 was weak, and it was only the last half of season 8 where I started to get a bit bored. Even then it seemed like they were building up a happy ending for Dexter with his kid and new found love but nope they had to go ruin all that in the final episode.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Fruit_Salad 13 Jun 2014 13:17:13 305 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    This was one of my favourite shows from S1 to S4. Whenever I recommend it, people seem kind of confused
    Let them be fucking confused. I think it's superb. One of the best characters ever put to screen. M C hall makes me laugh with his cheeky smiles. Season one ending somes up the tongue in cheekiness I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBTS47gQsBY
  • Page

of 62 First / Last

Next