Dexter Page 56

• Page

of 61 First / Last

• Scurrminator Moderator 5 Aug 2013 08:17:42 8,287 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Breaking bad starts this weekend to show them how it's done.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• DUFFMAN5 5 Aug 2013 09:10:17 13,813 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is Jamie doing in this, long way from the Chatsworth

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Darren 5 Aug 2013 11:46:31 8,320 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This week's "A Little Reflection" was pretty dull IMO, only picking up in the last 30 seconds with an ending that could be surprising for anyone who doesn't read spoilers. I think it was intentional though, the calm before the storm as we head into the final six episodes.

I admit that I have been eagerly looking around for any spoilers and so far the ones I've found have turned out to be true from the last two episodes so if the rest is true then I think the season could have a satisfying ending; I least that is what I'm hoping for.

I'm not so keen on the idea of Dexter taking Zach Hamilton on a "traineee" in the ways of the Code myself. On the basis of previous seasons, where Dexter has decided to not despatch a killer, such as with Miguel and Hannah, it generally hasn't worked out too well. But maybe there will be something new to come out of this and we're not going the way of "Zach kills Dexter, end of series" or something as dull and predictable as Dexter killing Zach to protect his secret and/or family?

Quinn also looks more stupid in this episode than normal when he drives up to Dexter, who has just drugged Zach and got him hidden, and tells him he knows what he's doing - watching Zach to see what he gets up to. Why would Quinn even think Dexter does his own detective work anyway? We the viewers know this is what Dexter does but Quinn doesn't. This is the guy who a few scenes before was still asking why Deb confessed to killing LaGuerta and is unable to connect the dots. No wonder Batista didn't pick him for Sergeant...

These are the spoilers I've found for the rest of the season if anyone is interested (PLEASE do *NOT* read them if you don't want anything ruined as I've a feeling these are true as they were 100% accurate for episodes 5 and 6):

Episode 7: "Dress Code" - Oliver Saxon is introduced as Cassie's ex? Dex suspects Zach may be involved in Cassie's murder? Dex looks for Hannah? (Oliver Saxon is revealed later to be Doctor Vogel's son)

Episode 8: "Are We There Yet?" - Dex helps Hannah leave Miami but this proves unsuccessful for reasons unknown.

Episode 9: "Make Your Own Kind of Music" - ????
    My guess is this episode focuses on Doctor Vogel and/or the Brain Surgeon Killer (if it isn't her) as we've heard that song twice now, the first time during the Sussman gunpoint DVD and the second time when Vogel was kidnapped by Yates.

Episode 10: "Goodbye Miami" - Possibly Dex's going away party at Angel's bar. Vogel dies (she is killed by Saxon). The final scene only has three characters: Vogel, Dexter and Saxon. And for the record, Doctor Vogel's throat is slit.

Episode 11: "Monkey in a Box" - Dex has lost urge to kill, decides to sell his boat to a guy that only cares about cooler space, the guy passes. Dex searches a hospital and discovers a kill room that he recognizes from a video from Zach Hamilton's murder (killed by Saxon?)? Deb and Dex have a heart to heart and Dex offers his car to Astor. News flashes a pic of Saxon and says he's wanted for murders based on evidence that Dex leaked? Dex is cornered by Saxon but Deb surprise motherfucker's him? Vogel's funeral takes place?

Episode 12: "Remember the Monsters?" - Dex takes Deb from the hospital and carries her to his boat under a sheet? Dex and Deb embrace on the boat as a storm (Hurricane Laura) hits and capsizes the boat.

Rumoured ending has Hannah in Rio at a cafe where she is with Harrison. Harrison asks where his dad is, Hannah tells him he is dead. Dex then turns up, Hannah keels over having been poisoned by him. She sees Deb out of the corner of her eye. Dex takes Harrision and goes to meet Deb, leaving Hannah dying.

Edited by Darren at 12:11:04 06-08-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Iain815 6 Aug 2013 03:26:14 386 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    *covers screen*

Dude, for fucks sake, there are spoiler tags for that purpose. Also, I think if people really want to know spoilers they can Google for them. Geez.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Aug 2013 03:50:39 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There are spoiler tags on them...

But yeah, spoilers that blatant probably don't belong here.
  • B0rked_Gamer 6 Aug 2013 04:06:24 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They have spoiler tags and a warning in caps. What more do you want. -_-
  • Mola_Ram 6 Aug 2013 04:14:58 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, episode-by-episode descriptions of what happens probably shouldn't be here even if they're spoiler-tagged. Someone could accidentally highlight them.

Imo the tags are there for spoilers on episodes that have just come out, not for entire seasons worth of spoilers.
  • B0rked_Gamer 6 Aug 2013 04:18:37 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fair enough but this series of Dexter is so very bad I'm not sure anyone gives a shit. :D

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 04:18:50 06-08-2013
  • B0rked_Gamer 6 Aug 2013 04:19:58 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    except for 815 that is. COVER THE SCREEN!
  • Mola_Ram 6 Aug 2013 04:55:46 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I would have loved it if the entire season was just a giant "what if" scenario, with Deb actually still in the trailer deciding whether to shoot Dexter or not. And then shooting him as the ending.
  • B0rked_Gamer 6 Aug 2013 05:15:22 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did in fact mouse over all those spoilers because I just stopped caring after the past few episodes being astoundingly bad and it all sounds bloody terrible. The writers have got stuck keeping the status quo and they don't know how to write any other way at this point. This is the last series of Dexter and it's dying on its arse. Why are they trying to introduce romantic partners for Dexter (one which went absolutely nowhere) and Deb? Who the fuck cares about that at this point? For the first time ever I almost stopped watching an episode of Dexter before it was finished but just ended up having it on in the background whilst I noodled around on the internet.

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 05:15:53 06-08-2013
  • Deleted user 6 August 2013 08:05:04
    They shoehorn in love interests in every single season of Dexter and it's usually the 'turn for the worst' that breaks each season by completely changing the characters.

I groaned at the end of the latest episode because it's all downhill from here now.
  • Shikasama 6 Aug 2013 08:36:03 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I would have loved it if the entire season was just a giant "what if" scenario, with Deb actually still in the trailer deciding whether to shoot Dexter or not. And then shooting him as the ending.
    A bit Dallas that though innit
  • Mola_Ram 6 Aug 2013 09:36:27 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, but Dallas didn't end after that.
  • captainrentboy 6 Aug 2013 11:38:07 840 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Once again it really is strangely boring this season. You'd have thought that they would have gone all out on the final one, and that every episode would be a corker, but we're half way through and it's still dull as fuck.
    Why the hell did the writers think "I know, let's bring in some boring new characters for the final season, make out they're somehow important, even though no-one will give a shit about them" The woman who got Quinn's promotion springs to mind here.
    Surely a more tightly focused story on the characters we've followed over the last 8 years would've made a lot more sense.
    Oh well, I'm glad it's the last season, as it's been treading water for the last 3 years, so I'm not going to miss it once it's gone.
    Although I do hope Michael C Hall continues getting work once it's all over.
  • Megapocalypse 12 Aug 2013 22:01:32 5,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wow that was a boring episode and I'm normally the first in line to defend the show. This really doesn't feel like a final season.

Does anyone care anymore?
  • B0rked_Gamer 12 Aug 2013 22:11:37 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the latest episode was a little better than the previous three. It actually almost felt like a (slightly boring) episode of Dexter rather than whatever the fuck Dexter has turned into during series 8.
  • PatrickEwing 12 Aug 2013 22:52:48 2,088 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All I care about is Masuka. Hope he has a good ending!
  • TheRealBadabing 12 Aug 2013 23:10:41 1,196 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PatrickEwing wrote:
    All I care about is Masuka. Hope he has a good ending!
    Pretty sure Masuka is hoping for a happy ending too :)

Last few seasons have been bad and this one is shaping up to be a disappointing finale. I'm sure we will have a few cool moments but they will be wrapped up in so much crap it will be difficult to enjoy.

What happened to Dexter having someone on his table almost every week? I'm just not seeing the compulsion to kill he used to have. Watching him stalk and kill a side-story-bad-guy was a guilty pleasure and I think that's what the show is missing.

I mean, we still had Big Bads in the early series didn't we? Never stopped him doing his alpha predator thing while that arc developed. Now instead of a bit of dark humour all we get is Deb and assorted other soap stories.
  • B0rked_Gamer 12 Aug 2013 23:12:34 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :eek:
  • Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2013 00:48:31 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't care anymore, because Breaking Bad is back on.
  • B0rked_Gamer 13 Aug 2013 01:15:21 1,864 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad. How weird is that.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2013 01:21:11 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You really should. It's a much better experience than watching this.
  • TarickStonefire 13 Aug 2013 12:39:57 2,644 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I watched the first season of Breaking Bad years ago, raved about it to anyone who would listen, all of whom went "yeah, whatever, okay", and all of whom now rave to me about how amazing Breaking Bad is and "what do you mean you gave up on it two episodes into the second season because it just feels like an entirely far-fetched black comedy now"?

;)

But Dexter has been crappy, frothy-escapism-at-best for about three years now. It's always been clunky, always stretched suspension of disbelief as far as it's possible to go and then some, and has always, always got Dexter out of trouble with a deus ex machina at least half a dozen times per series.

Should have ended with the last series. I still watch it every week, but I no longer give it my full attention really. Didn't used to be that way...

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 13 Aug 2013 12:41:26 2,644 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    I've never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad. How weird is that.
    Not that weird. It's not the easiest show to find in the UK, and has quite niche subject matter. People are only raving about it now because the hard work was put in doing the initial raving about it by us internet-downloaders in the first place ;)

Personally I'm into Alias right now. Never saw a single episode of it till last week. Now I'm almost done with the second series. How weird is that?

;)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 12:43:15 13-08-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Megapocalypse 13 Aug 2013 12:57:29 5,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Most shows have different writers fit episodes, but Dexter clearly takes this further and uses different ones for each scene.

Scene 1: HOW DARE YOU COME TO MY HOUSE! WE CAN NEVER BE SEEN TOGETHER!!!

Scene 2: Let's have a friendly chat in the middle of the police car park.
  • Whizzo 13 Aug 2013 13:42:32 42,760 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:Scene 2: Let's have a friendly chat in the middle of the police car park.
    They were out of sight, Dexter may have some terrible writing at times but that wasn't one of those moments.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2013 13:45:51 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's the narration that's really starting to grate now.

/Dexter finds empty house

Narration: "the house is empty"
  • Deleted user 13 August 2013 14:22:00
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    It's the narration that's really starting to grate now.

/Dexter finds empty house

Narration: "the house is empty"
    Maybe Dexter has a large blind audience and they're saving money on audio description.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2013 14:26:22 6,242 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They might think there's money in an audio book version
  • Page

of 61 First / Last