Dexter Page 53

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• b0rk 13 Dec 2012 15:01:28 2,727 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What the fuck.
  • Deleted user 17 December 2012 03:03:46
    Meh. At least we don't have to hear her retarded pronunciation of Angel anymore. Saw it coming for a mile away. Hannah the big bad for season eight then. Double meh.

Edited by meme at 03:05:47 17-12-2012
  • b0rk 17 Dec 2012 06:06:39 2,727 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meh meh
  • Scurrminator 17 Dec 2012 06:34:05 8,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was great yo!
    doakes!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Darren 17 Dec 2012 08:48:32 8,846 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the season finale was good but not especially great. To be honest I expected...

... it to involve Hannah once we found out that she wasn't going to conveniently die of poisoning (that in itself was a surprise to be honest as the series has a knack of appropriately tidying up loose ends in time for the next season, at least until season seven). So Hannah is obviously going to play some part in season eight and as a character she is at least intriguing so it'll be fascinating to find out what happens as I cannot even guess how it'll all end except that I hope it isn't with Dexter dying (Michael Hall apparently wants him to though and he is an executive producer so who knows?).

The whole idea of Dexter bumping off LaGuerta seemed silly; after all her disappearance would immediately throw suspicions on Dexter. The staged shooting must surely seem contrived... why would this guy who was freed by LaGuerta arrange to meet and shoot her then risk going back to prison? It doesn't make any sense although Dexter being Dexter he'll have thought that through (he did cleverly set up LaGuerta after all). As soon as Deb showed up at the shipping container, I knew exactly how it would end. I mean there was no real suspense as we know there is another season so in that respect it was a little underwhelming except that Deb is no longer just involved in covering up Dexter's nocturnal exploits but is now herself a murderer. I doubt she'll be able to live with that easily, given how stressed out she was just aiding Dexter in covering up.

LaGuerta was a bitch, sure, but she didn't deserve what happened to her as she uncovered the truth (like Doakes did). Dexter did what he had to to protect himself but at what cost? It's hard to empathise with someone who kills innocents (Doakes was killed by Lila not Dexter). What changed that was Dexter telling Deb it was OK for her to shoot him. It was an emotional scene and I can't help wondering if that was how the series was intended to end or something similar. It would certainly have been shocking. Now Dexter isn't the one who ended up murdering an innocent; it was Deb.

Overall, season seven was superb, only tarnished a little by a slightly disapppointing ending.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• neilka 17 Dec 2012 14:28:44 15,991 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It can only really end with them both going out Thelma & Louise style now.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Darren 17 Dec 2012 14:42:00 8,846 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @neika - I was just thinking that myself but it would be sad for Harrison if that did happen. I think if it wasn't for Harrison then that would be a very plausible way to end the series given that neither Deb nor Dexter have any other family connections.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Adamical 17 Dec 2012 15:00:26 314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So yeah, season 7 finale.

Totally enjoyable episode, but does anyone else think Deb murdering LaGuerta was avoidable?

She was stuck in between Dex and LaGuerta, both telling her different things. She knew one had to die, but wait, why did she have to shoot LaGuerta? She didn't event WANT her dead! She could've just fucking left! Yes, that would've essentially been sentencing her to death, but it would be a lot easier to handle than killing LaGuerta herself.

She could've walked away, as if to say she doesn't want LaGuerta killed but knows that it has to happen. Now she's a murderer. Well done, Deb. Idiot.
  • oceanmotion 17 Dec 2012 15:14:43 15,959 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that did seem daft but perhaps going for the love angle as Hannah would do anything for Dexter so Deb felt compelled to be extreme and couldn't stand another second of the situation.

Debs is going to go off the rails now. I think Angel will likely be the difference that forces Deb to out Dexter and take a side but will probably die in the process. She can't come out clean but will be on the good side in the end as Dexter ends up losing the code completely.
  • Darren 17 Dec 2012 16:26:54 8,846 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Adamical - Good point. Deb could have walked away but I guess the writers wanted a more shocking and dramatic ending. That said, seeing Dexter shoot LaGuerta would have been just as unsettling really.

I think Deb's days are numbered. She's already stressed out and taking pills from knowing what Dexter does and I don't think she'll get over LaGuerta's death easily. I can easily see her character being killed off toward the end of season 8. I don't think Dexter is going to have a happy ending and Michael Hall has already said he wants Dexter to die... but in a funny way.

How would others like to see Dexter end? Personally, if he is going to die at the end then I'd want him to something heroic or selfless such that his death has some meaning and his deeds are redeemed. I think I'd hate it if the series ended with him just being another evil serial killer in the eyes of those people that didn't know him.

• TheSaint 17 Dec 2012 20:08:58 14,430 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darren wrote:How would others like to see Dexter end?
    Preferably sooner rather than later, that finale was terrible.

Ghost Harry used to be a reasonably interesting character but now he is just being used to make up for the shit writing:

"LaGuerta’s house… what is it you’re hoping to find here Dexter?"

The reappearance of Dokes just reminds you how good this used to be.
  • Deleted user 17 December 2012 20:10:34
    Ghost Harry might as well be called "exposition man" nowadays. He's just an excuse for Dexter to explain what the fuck he's doing (because it makes little sense anymore, even in the context of the show), and nothing else.
  • oceanmotion 17 Dec 2012 20:18:35 15,959 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I guess a sex scene for next season will be one of the early shocks as Dexter tries to comfort her and Hannah will see then really kill her and in Dexters fury, Angel or Quinn will witness the real Dexter and the hunt is on.
  • cjb_bjc 17 Dec 2012 23:49:41 1,094 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lol. Really want this to end now. It is far past the ridiculous stage and as others have mentioned showing flashbacks of Doakes just confirms how good the show used to be. Used to be...

Great comments on the AVClub review btw. It's getting ripped to shreds.
  • Deleted user 18 December 2012 00:36:34
    Wait, that was the season finale?

Jesus Christ.
  • Ziz0u 18 Dec 2012 17:49:52 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shit finale. Meh season. imo
  • ProfessorWileECoyote 18 Dec 2012 18:15:47 7 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I watch 'Dexter' with the view of it being an origin story, before becoming a full blown psychopathic villain.

- Watched mother get killed

- Orphaned at age 3

- Starts killing neighbourhood pets

- Conditioned to learn 'The Code' and later assigns a 'Dark Passenger' to urge his kills

- Apparitions of a deceased father, Harry

- Wife murdered

- Son to look after

- Failed/troubled/dangerous releationships

- Sister admitting she has feelings for him

Planing to kill LaGuerta, an innocent, was him crossing that line where he knew there was no going back. He's already dragged Debs in so far that he actually seems lost of hope. That drained look on his face when his sister pointed the gun at him? I believe he'd had enough and was actually waiting for Debs to pull the trigger...

'Dexter' is the origin of a villain.
  • Deleted user 18 December 2012 18:31:11
    You are giving it far too much credit.

It's a fairly poorly written good idea for a show that ran its course after a season or two and now they just do pretty much the same thing with different disposable characters each year.
  • SFD 18 Dec 2012 18:35:21 496 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A lot of overly harsh comments IMO. It's been a good season.
  • Ziz0u 18 Dec 2012 19:44:31 8,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Better than season 6, but that's about it.
  • GuiltySpark 18 Dec 2012 22:07:30 6,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    So many armchair critics and TV snobs in here. It was an entertaining finale.
    Bullshit. Dexter's gone massively to the wayside since S4, you don't have to be an armchair critic to see it, you just have to have eyes and common sense.

Some of us just have a low tolerance for shit I guess.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 22:08:12 18-12-2012

Get bent.

• WrongShui 18 Dec 2012 22:11:58 6,619 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It went downhill after doakes was convoluted to death .

God I miss that sexy black bastard.
  • Deleted user 18 December 2012 22:29:49
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    Bullshit. Dexter's gone massively to the wayside since S4, you don't have to be an armchair critic to see it, you just have to have eyes and common sense.

Absolutely. Although I enjoyed season 5, season 4 was the perfect place to end, story wise. The arc was pretty much complete. Dexter's pathology had turned full circle.
  • GuiltySpark 18 Dec 2012 22:38:20 6,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The mere fact that it is trying to relive itself too. Astor and Cody's inclusion felt forced, they had no idea what to do with the characters, and Doakes inclusion and the passing mentions of Lumen and Lila too.

Seriously people, if you think this is good, go back and watch the first couple of scenes from the very first episode. I urge you to, and ask yourself if there's been anything to that standard in a long time. Dexter used to be dark as hell with inclusions of humour, and it was all the better for it. But now "dark" generally means attempting to rip off SAW and including some shitty bull character who attempts to chase women through mazes. God that was hokey as fuck.

Also WTF is with the dropping of plot halfway through a season? The Koshka storyline and last season as well.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 22:40:46 18-12-2012

Get bent.

• mikew1985 18 Dec 2012 22:39:14 12,756 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    5 was ok, 6 and 7 were pretty poor. I'm sorry to say that all my early season fears were proved true as well as this season having the worst Dexter episode ever (contrived deadbeat dad episode).

It was possibly more entertaining, at least in theory, than last season but with less focus and more stupid plot holes and ludicrous happenstance.

I like hannah though.

Edit : to be clear though this season was relatively shit and Dexter is poo compared to earlier seasons.

Edited by mikew1985 at 22:40:55 18-12-2012
  • GuiltySpark 18 Dec 2012 22:39:58 6,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:

Some of us just don't take fictional TV programmes about serial killers too seriously, I guess.
    What does that have to do with anything? How does that go against anything I've said about quality dropping?

It doesn't.

Get bent.

• Page

of 62 First / Last