Dexter Page 48

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• Mola_Ram 12 Oct 2012 11:52:33 6,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah. Anyone who shows boobs on this show (she hasn't yet but she will) is bumped off at some point, either as a victim or as a killer.
  • Zizoo 12 Oct 2012 12:00:33 8,115 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hopefully Yvonne Strahovski will keep the tradition going.
  • whatfruit 12 Oct 2012 12:15:15 1,292 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mola_Ram Good theory that man! Deb has never got her norks out neither has LaGuerta. I will be keeping my eyes peeled in future sir.

I miss Rita, she had great tits.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 15:43:21 6,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A haiku I wrote for Louis.

Louis

Oh, poor dear Louis
    Annoying, and now quite dead,
    The world celebrates.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:53:24 15-10-2012
  • Scurrminator 15 Oct 2012 15:51:25 8,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was a bit shit. So he was totally pointless!?!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 15:56:07 6,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    That was a bit shit. So he was totally pointless!?!
    Not at all. I found his end quite amusing.

Seriously, though, I'm glad they bumped him off when they did, rather than letting it drag on for another few episodes. His character was a drag on the show.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 16:02:37
    Kind of annoying how they're setting it up to just go back to business as usual, just with Deb helping him out with the murders. I want some actual change to the show's dynamic, but Deb might as well just start calling herself Harry and be done with it. And, though it was surprising when it happened, how they tied up things with Louis was just deeply unsatisfying.
  • mikew1985 16 Oct 2012 10:00:41 12,610 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was seriously lame how quickly they effectively hit reset on this.

The idea that Debs character and beliefs were that easily swayed is such bollocks too. Theres been a lot of utter stuopidity in this series so far, I do like the new villain, he's quite sinister and it's always nice to see Yvonne Strahovski but I'm yet to be convinced that this series will provide the lift the show is badly in need of.
  • Scurrminator 16 Oct 2012 10:26:11 8,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you'll find that is not the case just watch the trailer for next week to see this.
    Just because Deb 'gets' why he does it doesn't mean it's back to normal. Though this episode was weak; but maybe that's just because the previous two were amazing!

• mikew1985 16 Oct 2012 10:36:37 12,610 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Come on they have effectively hit reset. Dexter is back on his own and has his freedom back after one bloody episode.

Deb now "understands" him but doesn't necessarily approve. He and the writers are effectively free to return to the traditional show format albeit with a more enlightened Debra in the background.
  • Scurrminator 16 Oct 2012 10:46:07 8,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apologies, guess you've seen the rest of the series.
    He had to leave the apartment anyways - who the fuck is looking after Harrison!?

• mikew1985 16 Oct 2012 10:52:53 12,610 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Obviously I haven't, perhaps I'm being overly cynical but the whole episode just struck me as a massive contrivance to engineer a scenario to get Dexter back living on his own.

The whole, who the hell is minding Harrison thing was bugging me too.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to continue to watch it but I think I can be forgiven for my opinion given how bad the last season was.
  • dr_swin 16 Oct 2012 11:24:05 4,866 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really enjoyed last night's episode. I thought it was well written. I too was wondering about Dexter's child care arrangements though!
  • Mola_Ram 16 Oct 2012 12:15:42 6,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He's just letting Harrison fend for himself, obviously. Kid needs to grow up sometime.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 12:30:50
    The fit babysitter shares his apartment and babysits doesn't she?
  • Mola_Ram 16 Oct 2012 12:47:50 6,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It is really weird how they have not even mentioned the kid. afaik Deb didn't even mention his name when she was arguing with Dexter about his morals and such. You'd think the possibility of unduly influencing a child would be a pretty convincing argument to use!
  • Scurrminator 16 Oct 2012 15:45:48 8,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah she did mention him. I'm surprised Dexter didn't say 'oh fuck' and run back home.
    Even weirder is they showed the babysitter without him at Louis' house!

• whatfruit 18 Oct 2012 11:57:05 1,292 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hope they haven't hit the reset button gone back to big bad but it becoming incresingly clear that this is the case.

Louis's death felt so cheap, they had been building him up for so long that for him merely to serve as cannon fodder for the season's big bad was a bit anti climatic. I hope that something in his apartment or computer ends up being significant to the plot, rather than "Louis blood on Dexter's boat means Dex becomes a suspect for louis murder".

Blond vulnurable woman no.3 (does dexter prey on women with low self esteem) looks set to be the ineivtable love interest and i'm betting she has a dark past(shock, horror). Quinn is cementing Nadia's collision with a screwdriver to the face, with the aid of some of the most poorly written romantic dialouge that would make Eastenders hang it's head in shame.

Deb's acceptance pay off felt contrived and completley against her character. I was hoping they would explore this plot thread in greater detail before coming to the resoultion they have.

Still no one better at Miami Metro than La Guerta for staring at Manilla envelopes looking confused.

For all my bitching though, I will be watching next week.
  • TheSaint 18 Oct 2012 12:23:48 14,201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still keep watching as well but this show is definitely a shadow of it's former self. Don't tend to get round to watching the latest episode until later in the week as Homeland takes priority.

I was glad to see the end of Lewis anyway even if it was a bit of a reset. But then he has bothered me ever since he magically deleted all traces of an auction from the internet and made a game that looked like a cheap Phantasmagoria rip off last season.
  • whatfruit 18 Oct 2012 12:54:10 1,292 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @TheSaint I was reading somewhere that the original Show Runner Steve Glyson(I think) left after season 4 with the plot of season 5 mapped out and handed over writing duties to some ex 24 writers. This I belive is for the focus to switch from emphasis on story, plot and subtle characterisation to one on action, ham fisted dialouge and telegraphed expostion.

If you like homeland you may enjoy these.

http://electronichearth.com/homeland/homeland-202-beirut-is-back-carrie-plays-pretty-pretty-princess/
  • halfbakedjake 18 Oct 2012 17:09:05 1 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm currently waiting for the next season to arrive!
  • captainrentboy 18 Oct 2012 22:54:01 963 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ray Stevenson as the big bad is great. He's terrible at accents though, I'm pretty sure he was attempting....Some kind of accent in his first scene, but then quickly reverted back to good ole English. :)
    Awesome in Rome too, the guy should get more work.
  • Fydria 19 Oct 2012 13:01:57 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    whatfruit wrote:

I miss Rita, she had great tits.
    This.

But overall I'm enjoying Dexter a lot still. Was a bit surprised they killed off Lewis, but won't miss him at all.
  • oceanmotion 19 Oct 2012 13:09:39 15,663 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    Ray Stevenson as the big bad is great. He's terrible at accents though, I'm pretty sure he was attempting....Some kind of accent in his first scene, but then quickly reverted back to good ole English. :)
    Awesome in Rome too, the guy should get more work.
    He grew up in England according to the last episode so makes sense his accent is muddled.

I remember Rita getting one hell of makeover during Dexter. Guess that always happens when you compare early seasons. More famous, more money on her appearance. I'm sure she had a boob job too.

Edited by oceanmotion at 13:10:01 19-10-2012
  • Page

of 62 First / Last