Dexter Page 47

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• Iain815 2 Oct 2012 02:06:58 410 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was great, they handled Deb putting the pieces together very well.

But c'mon, what the fuck would Dexter be thinking going for a kill so soon when Deb is suspicious and then doing the deed in a fucking Airport!? While the premise of this season is gearing up to be fantastic, it looks like it will still be plagued with some sloppy writing.

Edited by Iain815 at 02:07:55 02-10-2012
  • Mola_Ram 2 Oct 2012 02:19:58 7,129 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, the airport thing was weird. He's been getting more and more careless in recent seasons.
  • ISmoke 2 Oct 2012 02:40:28 542 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Man, i just caught up with last nights episode. The ending was amazing. I was half expecting the ending to be a dream but it looks like it was all real. Going to be a good season thats for sure!
  • Darren 2 Oct 2012 08:48:04 8,751 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Iain85 - I agree that Dexter going for a kill so soon after being caught by Deb was a bit stupid but an opportunity presented itself and he just took advantage of it. I think the shock of being caught perhaps affected his judgment at that point. Dexter is human after all and makes mistakes (the blood slide was another) even though his father taught him how to be extra careful.

I've just seen the title of the last episode on Wikipedia: "Surprise, Motherfucker!" and for some reason that makes me think of Doake! Surely, not...?

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Scurrminator 2 Oct 2012 09:01:42 8,394 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do you know what would be awesome?
    If Doakes had recorded his investigation and someone found it - great way to bring Doakes 'back' - what if the new intern knew Doakes for example?

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Zizoo 2 Oct 2012 09:06:42 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just want to know where Calista Flockhart will fit in.
  • whatfruit 2 Oct 2012 12:11:13 1,403 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What a return to form. I really liked the narrative threads layed out in this episode. That final scene gave me chills, from the previews we knew that Deb was going to find out but I did not expect it to happen in the first episode.

When she was looking at the bloodslides it reminded me of the scene in season 2 in the fridge tent when Deb and Lundy are looking at all the victims of the bay harbour butcher "you don't kill this many people because it is a chore, you do it because you like it."

I am glad they seem to have swept the grating Quinn/Batista bromance love in. I am wondering though if Quninn will be drawn into LaGuerta's coming investigation into the Bay Harbour butcher slide. If you remember it was Quinn who got suspended by LaGureta when he hypotheised that Dexter was Adam Butler.

What are your thoughts on the creepy Louis? Is he a killer himself or merely an obsessive fan?
  • neilka 2 Oct 2012 12:21:06 15,808 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Pretty much anywhere I think.
  • Zizoo 2 Oct 2012 12:28:49 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Pretty much anywhere I think.

Edited by ZizouFC at 12:29:56 02-10-2012
  • Fydria 7 Oct 2012 23:12:01 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've finally after years of having another season ahead of me, caught up with Dexter. Holy good fuck, the ending of Season 6 and the start of 7 have blown my mind. I just can't tell where it's heading. Easily one of the best shows out there for having you on the edge of your seat at all times.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 07:27:21
    Well that was ok I guess. :|
  • Darren 8 Oct 2012 14:21:30 8,751 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought the second episode was every bit as good as the first and heart-breaking actually, especially as the performances from Michael Hall and Jennifer Carpenter were superb.

It really does show how much Deb cares for Dexter that she is still standing by him despite every fibre of her detective-being telling her he should be arrested. The scenes between Dexter and Deb were really well-written and acted. Loved every second of their scenes together although the other non-Dexter stuff did mildly annoy but only because the Deb/Dexter stuff was such compulsive viewing. Hearing him open up, I thought was really moving. The ending was also a shocker and, hopefully, not a clue as to Dexter's eventual fate... :(

If I have one gripe about the episode is that Dexter didn't come clean to Deb about Lewis. Since she knows what Dexter is now, it doesn't make any sense that he would have to go behind her back to confront Lewis. Why not just tell her? Or is it because he didn't want to get Masuka in trouble over the prosthetic hand? Talk about stirring up a hornet's nest with Lewis though... I mean the guy is clearly a raisin short of a fruitcake and I suspect that Dexter has just made things ten times worst by confronting him directly and almost killing him. And drugging his sister! Really? I don't think she is going to take that kindly if she ever finds out. And surely she will as I suspect it'll be his method of getting away without her knowing. Oooooooooh Dexter...

Why would he want to kill Lewis anyway as he doesn't fit Harry's Code? Yes, Dexter called Deb because he knew it was wrong but I don't understand why he was even going to do in the first place. Lewis told him it was because of his reaction to that Serial Killer game so it was nothing to do with Lewis 'knowing' that he was a serial killer.

Otherwise, it was outstanding I thought. I think it is great that Deb knows as the whole feel of this season so far is totally different from the previous ones. With this being the penultimate season it is good that the writers had the balls to do the Deb-knows-all thing this early in the season rather than dragging it out.

Dexter is, by far, my favourite TV show at the moment.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Zizoo 8 Oct 2012 14:24:39 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Darren

Dexter is, by far, my favourite TV show at the moment.
    Do you not watch Breaking Bad? :-P
  • Darren 8 Oct 2012 14:29:46 8,751 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZizouFC - Never heard of it so no.

I'm currently watching Fringe, Homeland and Dexter so I'll have to check that one out later on. Between those and the stack of BDs I have to watch, I barely have time for anything else unfortunately. :(

• Darren 8 Oct 2012 14:31:00 8,751 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    P.S. It's a good job I cannot stand soaps...

• Zizoo 8 Oct 2012 14:43:32 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have a feeling you will enjoy Breaking Bad.

Make time. :)
  • GuiltySpark 8 Oct 2012 15:51:04 6,350 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    @ ZizouFC - Never heard of it so no.
    WHUT

Get bent.

• Zizoo 8 Oct 2012 17:07:56 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also found that strange as it's pretty "mainstream" now. Get on it Darren!
  • ISmoke 8 Oct 2012 20:15:41 542 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was a good episode wasn't as great as the first, in my opinion but it wasn't far off. I quite like the direction it's taking but how long will Debs putting up with Dexter's dark passenger last.
    Looking forward top episode 3 now.

I'm in two minds, Now that Breaking Bad is over I'm back to loving Dexter, as soon as Breaking Bad is back on TV i'll be back to loving that. As for not hearing about it, what the hell man? Go watch it. Now. First few episodes of the first season is kinda' slow but once you get hooked you won't be able to stop. It's like having a literal meth addiction.

I'm actually going out in a Breaking Bad inspired costume for Halloween. Got my cooking suit at the ready.
  • Zizoo 8 Oct 2012 21:00:39 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Next week is gonna be a goodun.
  • Peew971 8 Oct 2012 22:10:15 4,710 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    @ ZizouFC - Never heard of it so no.
    What The Fuck?!
    I also love Fringe, Homeland and Dexter but Breaking Bad is better than all three put together. Cut down on the BDs and make time for it, it's an amazing show.
  • dr_swin 12 Oct 2012 07:51:10 4,887 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hey... Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect 3 is joining the show next week. Can't wait for the obligatory leering arse shot.

Yvonne Strahovski
  • Zizoo 12 Oct 2012 08:01:19 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I saw her in next weeks preview. Interesting role. Definite love interest imo considering who her ex boyfriend is....
  • dr_swin 12 Oct 2012 08:11:08 4,887 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who is her ex boyfriend?
  • Zizoo 12 Oct 2012 08:28:04 8,239 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As far as I understood it, it's the guy in the previous episode who was helping the police find the bodies of the people he killed.
  • dr_swin 12 Oct 2012 08:29:46 4,887 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ahh - yes. That would make sense.
  • TheSaint 12 Oct 2012 09:28:55 14,259 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure I'm enjoying the season as much as the rest of you. So far it just seems to be a similar vain to last season with 20min or so interesting Dexter/Deb story, 20min boring as hell incompetent homicide investigation and 20min token stalking and kill of the week.

It's not even worth mentioning Harry's code as that went out the window years ago.
  • Scurrminator 12 Oct 2012 10:16:19 8,394 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone think that Deb probably thinks Dexter pushed the guy in front of the truck?! hat's the first thing I thought the way she looked at him!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• whatfruit 12 Oct 2012 11:24:47 1,403 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am enjoying this season far more than the abomination which was season 6, and it seems the writers have quickly erased it with Q & A making up after a quick drink, the dex/deb romance plot being tossed out, and the introduction of a big bad with at least some charisma.

Last season was so hard to watch as it slowly desceneded into farce, becoming something akin to a season of 24 with Dexter in the role of Jack Bauer, this was only made worse by Colin Hank's terrible acting demonstating his range from frowning angrily to crying while frowning.

The best work so far has come from whenever Carpenter and Hall are on screen, I thought the dinner scene was brilliant build in tension with Dexter descibing the feelings to kill. It seems that the writers are using Deb to show us how disturbed and twisted Dex really is forcing the audience to revaluate whether our feeling for Dexter as a good protagnist are misplaced.

It is interesting seeing Deb's reaction as slowly but surely the venner of "Dexter the Doughnut guy" is being replaced with "Dexter who likes to wrap people in plastic wrap and stab them in the chest"

I think that the stripper that Quinn is dating has about as much chance of surviving to episode 6 as Reading do of winning the Premier League.
  • Page

of 62 First / Last