Dexter Page 5

• Page

of 62 First / Last

• Bloodloss 14 Oct 2008 20:17:58 4,499 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So... everyone watch the new episode? Thoughts?
  • JediMasterMalik 14 Oct 2008 20:35:42 11,826 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Liked it, was good to see Dexter being defensive over someone for a change (Deb too, I know, but it's good to see anyway).
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 13:41:09
    Jesus, what's happened to this show?! Almost the entire latest episode was dominated by endless moralising and soulsearching and emotional heartbreak and touchy feely bullshit. This used to be about Dexter's exploration of his bloodlust, not a fucking soap opera about his stupid girlfriend and getting married and having children etc.

Fucking awful. :(
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 24 Oct 2008 13:46:30 6,170 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    Jesus, what's happened to this show?! Almost the entire latest episode was dominated by endless moralising and soulsearching and emotional heartbreak and touchy feely bullshit. This used to be about Dexter's exploration of his bloodlust, not a fucking soap opera about his stupid girlfriend and getting married and having children etc.

Er, he's only going through this process to become a family man, and therefore more obviously upstanding member of the community, apparently its better than "lives alone and keeps to himself". This type of stuff has always been in there, granted not in as much significance though.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 13:48:58
    Yeah I knew someone would respond with this. I'm fully aware of how it factors into his transformation into a 'real' human who can escape detection better, but you're missing my point. It felt like the vast majority of the time was spent with his simpering fucking girlfriend and the emotional trauma that goes with all that.

I really couldn't care less about his family life.
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 24 Oct 2008 13:57:32 6,170 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well its either that or or big jump forward, and everyone suddenly going WTF since when is Dexter getting/got married !?! Its pretty obvious that as his life starts to clutter up, a friend, a wife, a child etc that he's going to have less time for killing.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 14:07:06
    I just find it desperately boring.
  • trav 24 Oct 2008 14:50:07 928 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Isn't supposed to be showing that while he has a bloodlust, he is still trying to do the right thing while combating his desire to go on a murderious rampage.

Weighing whether having a family will impact him on his habits or calm him down or maybe pass on the bloodlust to the child he is about to have.

I think it still adds to the overall development of his character and how it affects the people around him.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 14:53:28
    It's not the situation that bores me, nor the problem Dexter has to deal with, nor the decision he makes, but all the heavyhanded soppy bullshit that goes with it, and which seeps into several other storylines as well. It's becoming emotionally character driven, as opposed to more viscerally plot driven.

For example, 10 minutes spent on that unbelieveable bullshit about Angel and the prozzy/vice officer. Couldn't care less, especially the scene in the office. Give me a break.

KILL SOMEONE PLEASE.
  • trav 24 Oct 2008 14:54:36 928 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Then the only thing I can think of is that they throw of these types of episodes in every so often to the keep the US networks happy.
  • Razz 24 Oct 2008 14:56:47 60,659 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like this new tone of the show. Feels like it's progressing, Dexter is growing, still a bit of killing going on, but now we're seeing some decent character development. Part of me thinks we're being lulled into a sense of security for a really big piece of shite to hit the fan. I reckon he'll lose everything for deviating from the code, sort it out, then go back to living on his own killing random evil bastards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 24 October 2008 14:58:45
    Well he gets married by the last episode if the episode titles are anything to go by. It's not this plot development I'm bored of, just the emo bullshit that's creeping in.

And his simpering mess of a girlfriend bores me to tears. Good GOD she's wet. And not like that, either.

Nice tits though, by the looks of things.
  • trav 24 Oct 2008 15:00:27 928 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I swear she has had a boob job since series 1. Re-watching the first series they look smaller.
  • dr_swin 24 Oct 2008 15:03:06 4,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rita is fit and quite possibly the nicest character in all of tv. I really like her.
  • Razz 24 Oct 2008 15:05:28 60,659 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The only character don't like in Dexter is his sister.

• Deleted user 24 October 2008 15:09:29
    She's a bit one dimensional, isn't she?
  • trav 24 Oct 2008 15:11:02 928 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She yells and swears a lot. She doesn't seem to do much else beyond that. Oh.. and seems to get a new boyfriend every season.
  • dr_swin 24 Oct 2008 15:15:01 4,849 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I find dexter really quite tense to watch these days. I care quite alot about his character now and feel quite nervous for him when he is in peril. The end of the last season was excellent as he struggled to escape detection. I think it very clever how the author/scriptwriters have made me sympathise so much with a serial killer. great stuff.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 15:22:04
    Agreed.

But cut the emo bullshit.

EDIT: Although it's not really that clever how they made us sympathise with a 'serial killer' because he only kills bad guys that deserve it anyway. It's not like they got us to sympathise with Leatherface.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 15:24:04
    trav wrote:
    She yells and swears a lot. She doesn't seem to do much else beyond that. Oh.. and seems to get a new boyfriend every season.
    Who's inevitably a fucking fruitloop.
  • Artemus 24 Oct 2008 15:38:28 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

I don't think it's quite awful, but this year does seem to be heading towards more 'soapy' territory. The Rita baby/marriage stuff is becoming a much bigger part of the show than it should be.

I liked it in the first series when he would narrate how awkward he feeling trying to act like a normal person in everyday situations. There seems to be a lot less of this. In fact Dexter getting married would seem like a ridiculous idea if you look back to how strange his relationship with Rita was in the first series.
  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 16:44:11 9,713 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really can't fault this show, its fantastic. Nothing wrong with a bit of time out on the killing to develop his character (in terms of Rita and the kids).

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• Scurrminator 24 Oct 2008 16:51:13 8,365 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    a really interesting angle would be to have that family killed, he'd be fucked without his anchor.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Master_Miller 24 Oct 2008 16:55:47 1,642 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The family's there so Dexter has a problem he can't kill/lie his way out of. He has a genuine emotional attachment to them and that makes life difficult.

Rita calling yer wan a bitch was funny too :)
  • God_Taco 24 Oct 2008 16:56:06 3 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • RedboX 27 Oct 2008 18:02:46 2,431 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It seems the next episode is "inspired" by Prison Break. could be interesting tho..
  • Razz 27 Oct 2008 23:17:08 60,659 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quality episode. :o at Miguel finding out{/spoiler] Ho-ly. Shiiiiit! :o

• DodgyPast 27 Oct 2008 23:32:24 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Quality episode. :o at Miguel finding out{/spoiler] Ho-ly. Shiiiiit! :o
    Thought that was coming, though not quite yet. hope it doesn't end up with Miguel getting suspicious that he killed his brother and we get a repeat of last season

• Fatiguez 27 Oct 2008 23:46:33 8,706 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was schweet :)
  • FixedInfinity 28 Oct 2008 01:02:05 1,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent episode and next weeks one looks even better!
  • Page

of 62 First / Last