Exercise advice and weight loss Page 232

  • Page

    of 305 First / Last

  • craigy Staff 30 Apr 2013 09:12:35 7,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't know pigs could do sit ups.

    Lots of dudebros at the gym at the moment. Currrlzing their way to a beach body.
  • Trane 30 Apr 2013 09:20:55 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All the tiny guys in the gym do the smallest isolation exercises.

    Coincidence? No.
  • mikeck 30 Apr 2013 09:23:49 1,925 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    I didn't know pigs could do sit ups.

    Lots of dudebros at the gym at the moment. Currrlzing their way to a beach body.
    Do they all have guts and little spindly legs? I love those guys who are totally stacked in the upper body, and forget about the rest of it.
  • AccidentProne 30 Apr 2013 09:51:46 1,158 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hah, there was a guy like that at the gym last night. Looked like he had polio or something. In his defense, he was giving the treadmill a go, albeit at a very slow walking pace.
  • THFourteen 30 Apr 2013 09:53:27 33,089 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    craigy wrote:
    I didn't know pigs could do sit ups.

    Lots of dudebros at the gym at the moment. Currrlzing their way to a beach body.
    Do they all have guts and little spindly legs? I love those guys who are totally stacked in the upper body, and forget about the rest of it.
    I can squat 100kg for 12 proper reps which is in line with what I can lift upper body wise, but my legs are still super spindly.

    Think I am just built that way :-(
    Maybe because I never played any sport growing up, unless you count sensible soccer

    Edited by THFourteen at 09:53:54 30-04-2013
  • mikeck 30 Apr 2013 10:07:31 1,925 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    mikeck wrote:
    craigy wrote:
    I didn't know pigs could do sit ups.

    Lots of dudebros at the gym at the moment. Currrlzing their way to a beach body.
    Do they all have guts and little spindly legs? I love those guys who are totally stacked in the upper body, and forget about the rest of it.
    I can squat 100kg for 12 proper reps which is in line with what I can lift upper body wise, but my legs are still super spindly.

    Think I am just built that way :-(
    Maybe because I never played any sport growing up, unless you count sensible soccer
    Now you've made me feel bad ;)

    It was more the guys you can tell don't even think they should be working their legs out that make me chuckle. The ones you see come in in, throw some heavy weights around for a few sets, preen themselves then leave. No cardio, no lower body, just the guns.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm slightly jealous that they've got better upper body definition then me, but I'm happy mixing it up, trying to lose these last few pounds.

    (Also, as someone who was asked when getting measured for my wedding suit by the tailor if I was a rugby player because of my 'over-developed thighs', I'm rather proud of my lower body :p )

    Edited by mikeck at 10:08:19 30-04-2013
  • pistol 30 Apr 2013 10:56:37 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    MyFitnessPal is excellent.

    I use it to "just keep an eye on things", although I don't use it for drinks these days: just food (all meals and snacks).
    Been using it for ages and an excellent tool. I particularly like the scanning feature.
  • EMarkM 30 Apr 2013 12:43:05 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @pistol Yup, whether a complex meal or M & S sandwich, :: snap :: done!
  • Psychotext 30 Apr 2013 12:44:08 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scanning feature?
  • EMarkM 30 Apr 2013 12:46:20 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Psychotext Database of over two million foods plus barcode scanner = win.
  • mikeck 30 Apr 2013 12:58:11 1,925 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love MyFitness Pal - has really helped me track my food intake, and realise that those days where one more cookie didn't really matter, actually really did.

    It's also helped me maintain much more sensible eating habits (whilst also allowing myself the odd treat here and there), but more importantly lose 16lbs since I started using it about three months ago.

    I've since hit a plateau, but don't have too much more to lose, so am now increasing the amount of exercise I do a week, whilst also ensuring I strictly keep to the calorie intake MyFitnessPal recommends.
  • THFourteen 30 Apr 2013 13:10:21 33,089 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Indeed, MFP is ace. Made me super aware of the fact that I eat a lot of shit every day.

    So now I just eat a lot of shit, but i'm aware of it :-)

    One thing i'd love is some way of working out the calories in my favourite fast foods, like if you get a burger on the way home, you can guess how many calories / protein / fats it has, but how much does it ACTUALLY have.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Apr 2013 13:11:39 39,406 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does anyone else eat those Belvita breakfast biscuits?

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • mrpon 30 Apr 2013 13:11:56 28,696 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Girls

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 13:15:22 23,700 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How many calories are in a tampon?

    We're celebrating 75 years of Batman - and here's my look back at Rocksteady's Arkham series.

  • Trane 30 Apr 2013 13:16:16 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fat girls. They're just fucking biscuits.
  • mikeck 30 Apr 2013 13:16:32 1,925 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmonkeyplc I think I've tried every single flavour, as well as all the competitor ones too :)

    I don't eat them very often now, but for the calories in them and how they keep me full until lunch I think they're actually pretty good.

    - Yes, I know porridge would do the same job better, but I'm not a huge fan.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Apr 2013 13:19:29 39,406 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well yeah that's why I'm eating them at the moment. They're cheap (box of 6 for 1.24 from tesco) and they keep me full until lunch.

    I know their just biscuits but they do seem to fill a hole for longer.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • damagedinc 30 Apr 2013 13:51:00 716 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ive gone from 16st to 13 and looking a lot better. Fats gone and good muscle definition.

    What i am struggling with is my stomach. I have a bit of puppy fat/loose skin. Stomach looks good but would be so much better of this excess skin would shift.

    Anyone had a similar issue know any solutions other than stomach and core excersice which i am already doing.

    Ta
  • Trane 30 Apr 2013 13:51:22 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Belvita breakfast biscuit x1:
    Calories 58 Sodium 55 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 21 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

    McVities wholemeal digestive biscuit
    Calories 67 Sodium 89 mg
    Total Fat 3 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

    Practically identical, reckon the latter is probably cheaper too.
  • Trane 30 Apr 2013 13:51:59 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Ive gone from 16st to 13 and looking a lot better. Fats gone and good muscle definition.

    What i am struggling with is my stomach. I have a bit of puppy fat/loose skin. Stomach looks good but would be so much better of this excess skin would shift.

    Anyone had a similar issue know any solutions other than stomach and core excersice which i am already doing.

    Ta
    A calorie deficit, you can't spot reduce fat.
  • THFourteen 30 Apr 2013 13:58:04 33,089 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Belvita breakfast biscuit x1:
    Calories 58 Sodium 55 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 21 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

    McVities wholemeal digestive biscuit
    Calories 67 Sodium 89 mg
    Total Fat 3 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

    Practically identical, reckon the latter is probably cheaper too.
    Woot 1g of protein, you only need 2 of those biscuits per pound of body weight and you'll gain muscle
  • craigy Staff 30 Apr 2013 14:29:24 7,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @damagedinc congratulations! That's a lotta flab to lose.

    Not sure there's much you can do about saggy skin other than wait a while and see if it tightens up again.
  • sport 30 Apr 2013 14:58:07 12,667 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it's time for pics. We'll let craigy kick us off...
  • craigy Staff 30 Apr 2013 15:00:44 7,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @sport http://www.tsbmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/failing4.jpg
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 30 Apr 2013 15:10:33 1,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @craigy

    Nice symmetry, but your chest is lagging IMO.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Apr 2013 15:10:57 39,406 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Belvita breakfast biscuit x1:
    Calories 58 Sodium 55 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 21 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

    McVities wholemeal digestive biscuit
    Calories 67 Sodium 89 mg
    Total Fat 3 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

    Practically identical, reckon the latter is probably cheaper too.
    9 calories per biscuit
    1g of fat per biscuit
    ...
    There's something wrong with fat for McVities....

    Any way over 4 biscuits McVities gives you 36Kcal more that's enough for a 5 minute cycle ride! Fatties gotta take that into account.

    It's not the perfect solution but it does fill you up more...not that I've tried eating 4 McVities biscuits in the morning :)

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Trane 30 Apr 2013 15:20:25 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With the exact same number of carbs, sugars and fiber, and a gram less fat, I see no conceivable reason how it could fill you up more.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Apr 2013 15:23:37 39,406 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    With the exact same number of carbs, sugars and fiber, and a gram less fat, I see no conceivable reason how it could fill you up more.
    How it breaks down inside the stomach would be my idea.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • EMarkM 30 Apr 2013 15:25:02 3,173 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    @sport http://www.tsbmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/failing4.jpg
    Prison life is suiting Stuart Hall, I see.
  • Page

    of 305 First / Last

Log in or register to reply