Exercise advice and weight loss Page 200

  • Page

    of 290 First / Last

  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 12:08:25 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zomoniac Of course not but the whole 5 a day thing is a load of rubbish in my opinion, there is alot more vitamins and minerals in meat, fish, cheese and eggs! This is where I get my majority of calories from
  • elstoof 29 Aug 2012 12:09:55 6,585 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can process fats and proteins just as well as carbs. Hydrogenated vegetable fats? Yummy.
  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 12:11:34 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Psychotext lol changed, yes true which is why I don't eat much fruit

    Edited by Mattuk123 at 12:11:54 29-08-2012
  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 12:13:47 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @elstoof yeah stay away from all processed fats as well! Will mess your omega ratio up and cause health problems
  • elstoof 29 Aug 2012 12:15:36 6,585 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I'd better stay away from all fats in that case, because the bad ones are bad. Just like carbs.
  • Zomoniac 29 Aug 2012 12:25:25 7,778 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck this, I'm just going to play it safe and not eat food.
  • elstoof 29 Aug 2012 12:30:00 6,585 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'll be fucking ripped in 2 weeks bro, loving the summer six pack.
  • Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 12:39:39 53,759 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm just waiting for someone to find something wrong with chicken and turkey. I can pretty much give up even pretending to eat healthily then. :D
  • sport 29 Aug 2012 12:40:01 12,494 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You guys can talk the talk, but can you post the pics?
  • Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 12:43:22 53,759 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sure I can.
  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 12:43:45 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sport

    Come back to me in a year lol just being doing alot of my own research on nutrition.
  • pistol 29 Aug 2012 12:50:39 13,019 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    @pistol

    The tip about consuming carbs first thing is the morning for body composition has recently been de-mystified, there never was a proper clinical study into the myth in the first place, consuming calories (including carbs) later in the day/evening over morning actually is an asset; especially if practicing intermittent fasting.

    Carbs post workout - G.I. is totally floored as we know and glycogen replenishes over the next day anyhow, so for the average gym rat, or the natural am. or pro. that ACTUALLY knows how to train properly carbs aren't even needed - however, I do think that carbs should be included around workouts/post workout for OPTIMAL body composition, not taking health into account.
    I've been an endurance cyclist for nearly 7 years and compete in events both in the UK and Europe (Marmotte in French Alps and Gran Fondo in Italy, plus I've spent time with www.sportstest.co.uk and been tested. I'd like to think I know a little about how carbohydrates are used.

    And you?

    I'm not willy waving it's a serious question.
  • pistol 29 Aug 2012 12:52:34 13,019 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    @Psychotext lol changed, yes true which is why I don't eat much fruit
    This statement alone is a little worrying..
  • mrpon 29 Aug 2012 12:54:38 28,399 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You only know a little though pistol, your words.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • pistol 29 Aug 2012 13:00:21 13,019 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    You only know a little though pistol, your words.


    I would wager that if he put his recent posts on any fitness forum he'd get a barrage of negative responses.
  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 13:00:24 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @pistol

    Nice going mate, well done to you

    Nothing just a gym rat tbh only going by my own research and experience mate not trying to talk down on you, we all have our own beliefs from life experiences.
  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 13:01:17 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @pistol

    Why you say that?
  • pistol 29 Aug 2012 13:07:59 13,019 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    @pistol

    Nice going mate, well done to you

    Nothing just a gym rat tbh only going by my own research and experience mate not trying to talk down on you, we all have our own beliefs from life experiences.
    I was also a gym rat in my youth and spent pretty much all my time from about 15 through to 22 in gyms, with the view to competing in natural bodybuilding shows. It was my life for a long time and we spent a lot of time either training or going to shows, whether it be pro shows or to support friends who were competing. I then gave it up to study and went down the tennis route for a few years, then into endurance cycling last 7.

    So many gym rates are scared of carbs and if they really understood how they worked or how the body used them they wouldn't be.

    Edited by pistol at 13:09:28 29-08-2012
  • Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 13:10:04 53,759 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pistol wrote:
    I'm not willy waving
    Awww. :(

    /zips
  • THFourteen 29 Aug 2012 13:47:32 32,850 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i go to the gym lots, drink lots of protein shakes, eat tonnes of carbs and have MASSIVE guns and a HUGE gut
  • Mattuk123 29 Aug 2012 14:01:45 129 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @pistol

    Wouldn't say I'm scared of carbs

    I just think excess wheat and sugar (typical western diet) is the main reason for our obesity and health problems wouldn't you agree?

    Edited by Mattuk123 at 14:03:07 29-08-2012
  • Benno 29 Aug 2012 14:05:02 9,754 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What is everyone's stance on Mars Bars?

    EG Hearthstone Tournament

  • THFourteen 29 Aug 2012 14:07:15 32,850 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bit too sweet, i prefer Snickers.

    Having said that, if i'm going to eat a chocolate bar (which i usually do every afternoon hehe) i usually go for something around the 200 calorie mark instead of 360.
  • Benno 29 Aug 2012 14:07:47 9,754 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:

    I just think excess wheat and sugar (typical western diet) is the main reason for our obesity and health problems wouldn't you agree?
    Plastic packaged food which is unhealthly but convenient for our busy lifestyles is the key reason the west is getting so fat.

    I have just spent 3 weeks in Vietnam, visited a mountain tribe for a few days and all they ate was rice and crickets. The crickets were quite nice dipped in some chilli sauce actually, pure protein apparently...

    /develops business plan for new mashed up cricket protein shake

    Edited by Benno at 14:07:57 29-08-2012

    EG Hearthstone Tournament

  • Benno 29 Aug 2012 14:10:01 9,754 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Bit too sweet, i prefer Snickers.

    Having said that, if i'm going to eat a chocolate bar (which i usually do every afternoon hehe) i usually go for something around the 200 calorie mark instead of 360.
    I used to do 200, but the taste to calorie ratio wasn't agreeing with my spreadsheets. I now cycle 240 cal bars with 342 cal bars on a 3 day on, 2 day off, intermittent gluttony diet design. I have noticed some decent results.

    EG Hearthstone Tournament

  • Trane 29 Aug 2012 14:18:17 4,050 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    @pistol

    The tip about consuming carbs first thing is the morning for body composition has recently been de-mystified, there never was a proper clinical study into the myth in the first place, consuming calories (including carbs) later in the day/evening over morning actually is an asset; especially if practicing intermittent fasting.

    Carbs post workout - G.I. is totally floored as we know and glycogen replenishes over the next day anyhow, so for the average gym rat, or the natural am. or pro. that ACTUALLY knows how to train properly carbs aren't even needed - however, I do think that carbs should be included around workouts/post workout for OPTIMAL body composition, not taking health into account.
    Meh, not everybody cares about 'body composition'. I don't think pistol even referred to AM carbs for that reason anyway. I find that if I eat carbs for breakfast, my morning workouts are more productive and I can put more effort in.

    Even if I don't train that morning, I will still eat a good complex carb-heavy breakfast, because I find I feel far better, less tired, and am more productive in my job.

    For a lot of people (myself included) health and well-being are paramount. 'Body composition' is an added bonus to living, training and eating well.

    As someone who has 12% body fat, can squat 2.5 times my bodyweight, cycle for hours and not had a sick day in 6 years of full time employment - I'll stick to having porridge for breakfast thanks.
  • heyyo 29 Aug 2012 14:20:49 14,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's all well and good but what do you bench brah?
  • Zomoniac 29 Aug 2012 14:21:43 7,778 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone come across a Quest Bar? 170kcal, 20g protein, 17 (SEVENTEEN) grams of fibre, 1 gram of sugar, 6g of fat. With the slight downside of being almost 3 quid for a 60g bar.
  • Zomoniac 29 Aug 2012 14:22:21 7,778 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Mattuk123 wrote:
    @pistol

    The tip about consuming carbs first thing is the morning for body composition has recently been de-mystified, there never was a proper clinical study into the myth in the first place, consuming calories (including carbs) later in the day/evening over morning actually is an asset; especially if practicing intermittent fasting.

    Carbs post workout - G.I. is totally floored as we know and glycogen replenishes over the next day anyhow, so for the average gym rat, or the natural am. or pro. that ACTUALLY knows how to train properly carbs aren't even needed - however, I do think that carbs should be included around workouts/post workout for OPTIMAL body composition, not taking health into account.
    Meh, not everybody cares about 'body composition'. I don't think pistol even referred to AM carbs for that reason anyway. I find that if I eat carbs for breakfast, my morning workouts are more productive and I can put more effort in.

    Even if I don't train that morning, I will still eat a good complex carb-heavy breakfast, because I find I feel far better, less tired, and am more productive in my job.

    For a lot of people (myself included) health and well-being are paramount. 'Body composition' is an added bonus to living, training and eating well.

    As someone who has 12% body fat, can squat 2.5 times my bodyweight, cycle for hours and not had a sick day in 6 years of full time employment - I'll stick to having porridge for breakfast thanks.
    If you had a shake for breakfast you could squat 3.5 times your bodyweight.
  • mrpon 29 Aug 2012 14:22:32 28,399 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trane, squatting 2.5 times his bodyweight.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Page

    of 290 First / Last

Log in or register to reply