Nobi Nobi Boy - Keita Takahashi's (Katamari Creator) PS3 Title Page 12

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• GloatingSwine 24 Feb 2009 20:15:06 2,680 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFective wrote:
    boabg wrote:
    Hmm I don't get this. It's great fun for farting about in for ten minutes or so but is there really no aim to the game?

It's really all about stretching the boy and farting stuff out of his arse?

No, silly. It's all about testicle-chinned men riding eagles, floating unicorn sharks, men dancing on top of giant cats, unicycle riding dog men who live on the moon, and royalty consisting of frogs, lions, and cats.

And stretching the Boy and projectile shitting.
  • Progguitarist 24 Feb 2009 20:16:38 10,506 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The thing I love about it most boabg is that there *is* nothing to do. Its hard at first to get past the lack of objectives but once you do and start setting your own (dragging clouds to the ground, taking all the pigs and farm animals into space, trying to eat gaint chimney stacks...) you will get immersed in the pointlessness of it all.
  • Deleted user 24 February 2009 20:32:14
    Nearly have all the Trophies for this now, only missing the prince one and the one where you have to make your arse big but keep your head small (I have no idea how this is done?)
  • Psychotext 24 Feb 2009 20:39:16 54,754 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol... I pretty much don't buy games without being able to play them first, ever, but the Noby Noby quick look over at GiantBomb was so utterly strange that I just have to go and get the game now.
  • speedofthepuma 24 Feb 2009 20:41:30 13,310 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still not hooked. I'm not enjoying it to play anywhere near as much as everyone else, and it doesn't hold a candle to Katamari for me.

Perhaps I need more structure than I realised.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Widge Moderator 24 Feb 2009 20:48:24 13,727 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I encountered the most bizarre mix of characters yet on my trip to the Moon, including the top ten ranking characters from before we reached the Moon. Except the Lion King had a brother whose head had been replaced with a Narwhal.

I'm currently attempting to make a custom soundtrack but my musical tastes aren't very Noby Noby I've had to limit selections to slower tracks by The Fall and Wire, the drifting formlessness of Bella Lugosi's Dead seems to work quite well. Some sort of ponderous, prog-rock Psychedelia fits the bill, the first and only time I've wished I owned some Hawkwind Cds.

Early Orb albums are the ticket!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Ducklord 24 Feb 2009 20:49:40 190 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What's the best method for bringing clouds to the ground? Is it to simply grab hold of it and then reel it in by shrinking?
  • Widge Moderator 24 Feb 2009 21:09:34 13,727 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nah, hook over them and through them then start eating stuff

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Ducklord 24 Feb 2009 21:15:48 190 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Grooveh.
  • Psychotext 24 Feb 2009 21:23:51 54,754 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Christ... I forgot how shitty the PSN download speeds are for me. 20min so far and it's only 50% done. Should have been done in less than 5 mins on my connection, and that's being generous.

/kicks console
  • El_Draque 24 Feb 2009 21:31:20 132 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wait you are downloading this but not Flower? Or have you got around to that by now. :)
  • Psychotext 24 Feb 2009 21:33:49 54,754 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not buying flower until it's on offer or I can play a demo.
  • El_Draque 24 Feb 2009 21:35:14 132 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fair enough, it's great though. :)
  • Psychotext 24 Feb 2009 22:57:00 54,754 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That has to be the strangest fucking thing I've ever played.

At one point I was trying to get into the manual and controlling boy at the same time... some freaked out screen covered in stars and odd music showed up. I feel like I need to take something mind altering right now. \o/
  • Psychotext 24 Feb 2009 23:17:06 54,754 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My standpoint is hardly unreasonable. Timed / 1 level (or however much is appropriate) demo, which as you well know any dev worth their salt could have done in no time at all. If the price drops (temporarily or not, I don't care) then I'll buy it. But the price is too high right now for it to be something I'd just grab on a whim.

Not to mention that I didn't enjoy Flow... which doesn't fill me with confidence about this game. (On a vaguely related note I didn't enjoy Pixeljunk Eden which everyone seems to rave about too)
  • Deleted user 24 February 2009 23:25:00
    johnlenham wrote:
    Ho do I get him big enough to eat trees and such?

Stretch and Eat.

Rinse and Repeat.
  • Psychotext 24 Feb 2009 23:35:06 54,754 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Flower is not like either game though.
    I'd comment if I was given an opportunity to try it. :p
  • DFective 25 Feb 2009 19:00:32 2,013 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just found something amazing thanks to the Giant Bombcast.

If you eat a human and then something like a lion or a piece of fruit, then shit it out, you'll get a hybrid. So far I've had a pixie with a orange for a head, and a lion man.
  • Deleted user 25 February 2009 19:04:02
    Downloaded this earlier, will contribute some stretching later tonight, I'm looking forward to playing this very much.
  • Deleted user 25 February 2009 19:22:17
    DFective wrote:
    I just found something amazing thanks to the Giant Bombcast.

If you eat a human and then something like a lion or a piece of fruit, then shit it out, you'll get a hybrid. So far I've had a pixie with a orange for a head, and a lion man.

Yeah the whole combination thing is plenty of fun, I knew about it thanks to someone in this very forum talking about it a number of pages back.

I like parsnip heads. Or spacemen with frog faces.
  • Razz 25 Feb 2009 19:31:44 61,567 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why the fuck did I buy this game. I fuckign hate it/ ;_; Is it possible to get a refund? I don't have the time or patience for it. :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 26 February 2009 01:29:54
    What?
    It's great!
    Played for an hour with a smile on my face, how do you ride cars, or unicycles or cows though?
    People and cows ride me, and I like doing it but I want to catch a lift too.
  • HiddenAway 26 Feb 2009 02:13:41 14,956 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Why the fuck did I buy this game. I fuckign hate it/ ;_; Is it possible to get a refund? I don't have the time or patience for it. :/

You don't deserve the game then. Give me your PS3 and let me enjoy it for you ;-)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Deleted user 26 February 2009 02:42:03
    How do I make a custom soundtrack fo the game, what do I call the playlist?
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 02:46:56
    Oops ok, thanks.
    Will the game music stop playing?
  • Deleted user 26 February 2009 02:52:25
    Great, cheers.
    Fook knows what'll work best, I like Autechre but that might be too freaky.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Feb 2009 10:15:42 13,727 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Try some CiM, a bit more like earlier Autechre with the emphasis on the mellow as opposed to rhythmically intense whoa-fest.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Razz 26 Feb 2009 10:20:14 61,567 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Razz wrote:

You don't deserve the game then. Give me your PS3 and let me enjoy it for you ;-)
    I don't get it, I don;t know what I'm doing. I've got a million other ames I'd prefer to be playing :/ It's nothing personal, it's just not for me and I'm a litle peeved tha I can't sell it or reurn it :/

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Ged42 26 Feb 2009 10:37:36 7,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just stretch man

Stretching that BOY is like, stretching your mind and your soul man
  • Flying_Pig 26 Feb 2009 10:41:23 11,320 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Razz wrote:

I don't get it, I don;t know what I'm doing. I've got a million other ames I'd prefer to be playing :/ It's nothing personal, it's just not for me and I'm a litle peeved tha I can't sell it or reurn it :/

I feel your pain, but it was only 3 quid.

I said to the wife that I was going upstairs to play Noby Noby Boy. She thought I was being rude. Strange woman.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last