Nobi Nobi Boy - Keita Takahashi's (Katamari Creator) PS3 Title Page 2

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• pjmaybe 9 Oct 2008 14:47:52 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bet you the title gets westernised to something entirely inappropriate like "Mobile Penis Simulator GO GO TAKOUSHEN!!!!"
  • the_dudefather 9 Oct 2008 14:48:14 8,981 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Razz 9 Oct 2008 14:52:27 60,010 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    O_O I've been waiting for a year to see /that/?!

Then again, I can't complain I still don't know what it is I've just seen. :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Tonka 9 Oct 2008 14:53:46 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Surely that was just the loading animation or something. I mean come on people.

That was seriously shit.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• pjmaybe 9 Oct 2008 14:54:42 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What a bizarre thing to show off though.
  • barchetta 9 Oct 2008 14:55:43 1,292 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Surely that video shows a 'loading' game a la Galaxian on PS1 Ridge Racer? The preview I saw at last years GameCity Nottingham was a 3-D 'worm-em-up'. Either the idea was too weird for the suits (Takahashi admitted as much then) or we are not seeing the true 'game'.

edit for TONKA: bah!

LINK-ME-DO

• Tonka 9 Oct 2008 14:57:53 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What he said back then was that he had no idea how to turn it into a game. He got lucky with KAtamari. He should just bow out and build that fucking play ground he has been talking about.

All mouth and no spine that guy. All mouth.

• pjmaybe 9 Oct 2008 15:00:10 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    barchetta wrote:
    Surely that video shows a 'loading' game a la Galaxian on PS1 Ridge Racer? The preview I saw at last years GameCity Nottingham was a 3-D 'worm-em-up'. Either the idea was too weird for the suits (Takahashi admitted as much then) or we are not seeing the true 'game'.

edit for TONKA: bah!

LINK-ME-DO

S'what I thought, all the test renders from the initial announcements show a proper Katamari-esque 3D thing with the wormy dude. Not that.

• barchetta 9 Oct 2008 15:00:15 1,292 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    What he said back then was that he had no idea how to turn it into a game. He got lucky with KAtamari. He should just bow out and build that fucking play ground he has been talking about.

All mouth and no spine that guy. All mouth.

Yeah, I've seen nothing of the playground. NOTHING. My kids are waiting Takahashi.
  • Tonka 9 Oct 2008 15:01:14 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was a town in Sweden that arranged a place and a budget for him. Don't know what happened.

• barchetta 9 Oct 2008 15:13:31 1,292 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    There was a town in Sweden that arranged a place and a budget for him. Don't know what happened.

A shitload of sake and the Nobi Nobi demo......
  • phatb0y 9 Oct 2008 16:56:51 868 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As much as I like Takahashi, he really needs to open a window when hes painting.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2008 12:08:35
    Metrocross music? WTF!?
  • Fizzog 15 Dec 2008 01:58:37 4,108 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME.

I can just imagine a child innocently playing this when their parents walk in and ask,
    'what are you playing son?'

'Nobby Nobby Boy, you go in and out of the fruits and get the animals to sit on your snake.'
  • urban 15 Dec 2008 04:31:20 10,893 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    looks epic

i was going to say i'll buy a house in japan but you can't its 100- year leases or nothing.

fuckers
  • seasidebaz 15 Dec 2008 08:53:26 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Much as I love We Love Katamari (not the abortions that were the PSP and Xbox360 versions...) I can see this game being arse.

It's not even really a game. There are no objectives.
  • JinTypeNoir 15 Dec 2008 09:07:30 4,365 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    seasidebaz wrote:
    It's not even really a game. There are no objectives.

What's the objective of Sim City or The Sims? I don't think a clear objective is the defining feature of a game. Besides, just as in the two examples above, there are suggestions of what to do (get bigger so the girl can open up more areas for you and other players to play around in) if no clear and hard set objective.
  • seasidebaz 15 Dec 2008 09:38:32 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind if it has at least some objective though: Sim City, you build an empire. There is a goal of building your metropolis to be successful. The Sims, you try and succeed in life. Noby Noby Boy, you eat fruit. That's it. What's the point in having the growing mechanism if it serves no purpose other than to allow you to stretch for no reason whatsoever?

It's a unique idea though, and the idea of everyone playing contributing to a shared goal is definitely new, but for late comers that means the game is already opened out to them. And I know it's the "cool" thing to do, supporting the underdogs and all that, but I like games to be made of more things than just a concept.

We shall see though. Hopefully there'll be a demo of it.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 09:57:35
    I thought this was in 2D?
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 09:58:14
    It has koalas.
  • JinTypeNoir 15 Dec 2008 10:00:49 4,365 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really? Those weren't my goals in Sim City or The Sims and I didn't feel motivated in either game to do so. There's no real set objective in Animal Crossing either. I think all you need in a game is something to interact with that's designed well. After all, if Nobi Nobi Boy has a lot of interaction (and it seems to) the goals are going to generate themselves, that's the whole idea.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 10:02:26
    Really, it has koalas.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 10:03:02
    Oh you were talking about goals.

Meh, koalas win.
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Dec 2008 10:04:22 24,901 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Koalas = best animals ever.
  • seasidebaz 15 Dec 2008 10:06:12 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    After all, if Nobi Nobi Boy has a lot of interaction (and it seems to) the goals are going to generate themselves, that's the whole idea.
    But at the moment I can't see this interaction. There is the ability to stretch, "jump really high", and eat fruit. And for 2 of those things, I can't see any purpose for their inclusion.

Out of interest, what were your goals in the Sim games?
  • Cappy 15 Dec 2008 10:06:37 11,707 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks fantastic. Pity it's a PSN title though. :-(
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 10:10:12
    baz, it's got fucking koalas in - so STFU and GTFO because it's got FUCKING KOALAS. There's your FUCKING GOAL. ATTRACTING THE FUCKING KOALAS. It's a koala attracting simulator. Happy, you goal-attaining fruitbat?
  • Cappy 15 Dec 2008 10:12:57 11,707 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Looks fantastic. Pity it's a PSN title though. :-(

Why is that a shame?

Because I'm going to miss out and not be able to play it. No disc = no sale.
  • seasidebaz 15 Dec 2008 10:14:47 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    baz, it's got fucking koalas in - so STFU and GTFO because it's got FUCKING KOALAS. There's your FUCKING GOAL. ATTRACTING THE FUCKING KOALAS. It's a koala attracting simulator. Happy, you goal-attaining fruitbat?
    Yes. Yes I am. Koalas are both awesome and evil, and therefore made of win. As long as I can run over them and break its legs off.
  • Deleted user 15 December 2008 10:15:50
    If they released it as a disc they should to some kind of gatefold digipac with poster, like a CD. With the CD soundtrack. That'd be the balls, and I'd buy it even if I don't have a PS3 because this looks like the best thing ever.

/wears nobi nobi fan hat
  • Page

of 16 First / Last