• Mr-Brett 24 Mar 2013 11:26:45 12,805 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boris Johnson grilled on integrity ahead of TV documentary

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• mcmothercruncher 24 Mar 2013 13:45:22 7,094 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He hasn't come under nearly enough scrutiny and always reverts to the bumbling fool act in defence when he is. It's good to see him skewered.
  • Tom_Servo 24 Mar 2013 16:11:59 17,983 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The full interview

Brilliant stuff. The interviews on Radio 4 are quite often like this by the way, before anyone moans that Boris is getting particularly rough treatment.
  • malloc 24 Mar 2013 16:32:16 2,353 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whilst BJ knows how to come across, I generally don't like those sorts of interviews. Or to be more accurate, I find them entertaining but tend to find out more about the interviewer than the interviewee. Never sure of the bits that are important and which bits are blatant sound bytes searches by the interviewer. Atleast Paxman knows how to do it, everyone else is a poor imitation.
  • President_Weasel 24 Mar 2013 19:03:10 9,376 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He got the shit kicked out of him by Eddie Mair. Awesome stuff.
  • Lukus 24 Mar 2013 20:08:20 19,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pretty much anyone would come out of an interview like that looking bad. We've all done and said stupid things in private that we wouldn't want an employer to know about. The mistake he's made is not keeping it private. But he's not had much choice there.

Still, always nice to see a politician getting a good grilling.

Paintings & Photographs

• mcmothercruncher 24 Mar 2013 20:32:31 7,094 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Eddie Mair is a great journo. His radio 4 program is well worth catching, a very dry sense of humour runs underneath the serious stuff.
  • faux-C 24 Mar 2013 21:17:19 9,397 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Eddie Mair isn't going to last long in Tellyland if he keeps doing such a great job.
  • President_Weasel 24 Mar 2013 21:56:22 9,376 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Pretty much anyone would come out of an interview like that looking bad. We've all done and said stupid things in private that we wouldn't want an employer to know about. The mistake he's made is not keeping it private. But he's not had much choice there.

Stupid things in public too, like fabricating quotes when he was a journo.
  • MightyMouse 25 Mar 2013 00:14:29 1,133 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lukus wrote:

Boris has had it incredibly easy so far. Though I don't like them much, Cameron, Clegg and Miliband wouldn't come out looking anywhere near so bad because they simply haven't done so much iffy stuff. None of them has been fired for making up quotes, lied on the record to their party leaders or given out people's numbers so they could be assaulted. The mistake he's made is doing this stuff and then further not changing from it. Instead of owning up and learning from it he acts like a naughty child, and yes, that does indicate that he'd be a bad prime minister.
  • Lukus 25 Mar 2013 01:21:01 19,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not excusing any of those things, the guy's a blithering idiot, albeit pretty entertaining as a result. He'd make for a disastrous Prime Minister in my opinion. But my point remains, everyone's done and said stupid or regrettable things at some point in their lives. It's easy to make public figures look bad in interviews like that if you want to. And vice versa. His rebuttals were lacking, but who knows, perhaps context would shine a more favourable light on some of those actions. Or not.

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 26 First / Last

Next