Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) Page 349

• Page

of 351 First / Last

• oldschoolsoviet 18 Jan 2012 13:34:07 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, Special Stage X is pretty, especially at night, but awfully boring. Two 10km straights with some banking. Good for pics and the OCD testers/speed freaks, but utterly useless to those of us wanting a proper track. Could've included a lil' handling/test course within its boundary, but that's too easy.

Now, to mull over 5 quid for 3 cars.
  • oldschoolsoviet 4 Feb 2012 23:29:23 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New update due Tues 7th. No details yet, probably nowt major.

Like anyone cares anymore....... ......@

/rewatches epic Nurb replay
  • JBlokeUK 5 Feb 2012 10:14:06 2,309 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've actually been meaning to get back into this in recent weeks and will probably fire it up this week and get stuck in.

Found it better after the big 2.0 update and I'm pretty sure I got a fair few credits to spend too.

I like it when he's angry.

• bionic_v2 5 Feb 2012 18:25:49 116 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Havn't played this for about a month. Had another bash to take a break from Batman Arkham City.

I'm at:

A-Spec
    Amateur Series

I have all the Gold cups bar Sport Truck. There did not appear to trucks available to buy secondhand other than some small weird looking truck that I went onto spend a fortune on in some hope of extra speed only to find I cannot keep up with the rest of the pack. Its looking like the only solution is to wait until a better truck comes up for sale. I've looked in the new section, and there does not appear to be any new trucks for sale.
  • Fonzie 5 Feb 2012 18:47:43 1,804 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bionic_v2 wrote:
    Havn't played this for about a month. Had another bash to take a break from Batman Arkham City.

I'm at:

A-Spec
    Amateur Series

I have all the Gold cups bar Sport Truck. There did not appear to trucks available to buy secondhand other than some small weird looking truck that I went onto spend a fortune on in some hope of extra speed only to find I cannot keep up with the rest of the pack. Its looking like the only solution is to wait until a better truck comes up for sale. I've looked in the new section, and there does not appear to be any new trucks for sale.
    If I remember right, I won this in a Dodge Ram. Tuned it up quite a bit and left the others standing.
  • wayneh 5 Feb 2012 19:03:18 2,280 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @bionic_v2

If you drop me a PM I'll gift you the truck I used as long as you promise to send it back when you're done

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• X201 5 Feb 2012 19:06:12 15,124 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    @bionic_v2

If you drop me a PM I'll gift you the truck I used as long as you promise to send it back when you're done
    Can't you put it in your loan list?
  • bionic_v2 5 Feb 2012 19:06:48 116 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fonzie wrote:
    bionic_v2 wrote:

I'm at:

A-Spec
    Amateur Series

If I remember right, I won this in a Dodge Ram. Tuned it up quite a bit and left the others standing.
    I picked up a Dodge RAM 1500 and tuned it up a little. Took Gold on both tracks.

Lv18 and onto Professional Series.
    Looking back, for some reason I bypassed Beginner Series Bar the Gold for Sunday Cup

Professional Series - Supercar Festical was a breeze with my Black McLaren F1 Steath Model. It trounces the opposition with ease!

Edited by bionic_v2 at 19:07:16 05-02-2012
  • wayneh 5 Feb 2012 19:09:18 2,280 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @X201

Loan list? Was this part of the big update, I've only just started playing it again and can't remember a loan list?

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• bionic_v2 5 Feb 2012 19:49:52 116 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    @X201

Loan list? Was this part of the big update, I've only just started playing it again and can't remember a loan list?
    Yup - there's a loan list now :)
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 Feb 2012 10:27:53 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bionic_v2 wrote:
    wayneh wrote:
    @X201

Yup - there's a loan list now :)
    Option to 'share with friends' allows 6 cars to be hosted on your profile page, where they can be borrowed by your FL.
  • wjames811 6 Feb 2012 11:53:58 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ya, Its screen play also too good and i like that game very much...
  • Deleted user 6 February 2012 11:57:43
    wjames811 wrote:
    Ya, Its screen play also too good and i like that game very much...
    Are you Cynthia Meyers brother or something?
  • el-bandito 9 Feb 2012 18:51:57 495 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HyperShadow wrote:
    Does there exist an alternative for the DualShock 3 that would be better for GT5? I am not keen on the Analogue stick placement and the triggers are too mushy.

Unfortunately a wheel is not an option at the moment due to budget and space reasons (and it'd need to work flawless on X360 aswell), so I need to find a better pad.
    Just bought 2 new pads. The first is an Afterglow AP.2 Wireless (17.99). It's pretty small, similar size to a Sixaxis I guess... trigger buttons were good, but there's a deadzone on the left stick of mine. Could be I've been unlucky... I've asked the manufacturer. Shame, seems a pretty good pad.

Second one is a PowerA Airflow Wired (13). Feels a little bigger than the 360 pad. Only had a quick go with this, trigger buttons are a little spongey... but seem to work alright. Left stick is bob on though... controlling the cars felt good.

Both pads got rumble, but no sixaxis.

Hope that helps... I know I've spent ages trying to find reviews/opinions!

Update: Trigger buttons on the Airflow are bobbins... very limited control over the throttle. Still, enjoyed my blast on the game last night anyhoo.

Update 2: Increased Pad sensitivity to 7 (max) when using the Afterglow controller... works a treat now.

Edited by el-bandito at 13:42:56 20-02-2012
  • cianchristopher 21 Feb 2012 12:26:16 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got a PS3 slim at the weekend, got a new copy of this to go with it. Took fucking ages to install and update to v2.05 but when it got going it was great.

The loading times are pretty good (I heard they were shit when it first came out). I'm enjoying it even with the DualShock (I can't be fucked getting a wheel, though I'm sure they're amazing). Using the left stick to steer and the right stick to drive is really enjoyable, tbh.

Love the graphics, very smooth and clear. Cockpit view is pretty awesome, especially when driving a convertible (as there's so much more light visisble). Chase cam sucks balls, though.

Very happy with it. I was lucky to get an original sealed version, rather than the horrible grey-and-yellow platinum version that's out now (seriously, I know they're "budget"... but why do they make 'em look so horribly cheap?)
  • X201 21 Feb 2012 12:50:25 15,124 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Welcome to the club :)

Attack the Licenses first if you want, it will give you a decent garage of cars to cover events on the lower levels.

If you're a Trophy whore, start out on the 1000 cars trophy asap. Don't leave it until the end as it will become a pain.

Edit:

And changing the controls so that Brake and Accelerate are on the triggers will make life a lot easier too.

Edited by X201 at 12:51:43 21-02-2012
  • oldschoolsoviet 21 Feb 2012 21:06:54 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heresy.

The right stick rules all. (with some additional braking on L1) Far greater throttle control, especially rolling around the edge.
  • urban 1 Apr 2012 13:43:00 10,923 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had totally forgotten that I bought this before I left for Spain. Will be playing it after todays BTCC.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Apr 2012 00:20:56 7,340 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Coming back to this after a year is weird. With a new save too. I remember struggling for cash but I did a few seasonals there and am now rolling in millions. I'm level 24 and have hardly even done a race in the Sunday Cup.

Its good and its bad as it means the cash I earn from the early races makes me weep.

The game is still super glorious with a DFGT wheel though and in 1080p. The handling is so utterly sublime and enjoyable. Damn Elise is a bit flighty tho.

I did win the top gear beetle van race first time tho. Did they make it easier? I remember rage smashing my head against the wall trying to do it first time around.
  • infoxicated 10 Apr 2012 23:00:49 1,070 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm with you there @Pink_Floyd - I went back to it yesterday after fetching my DFGT wheel out of the attic and treating myself to a whole evening of driving indulgence!

Realised I'd saved up over 2 million, so I finally treated myself to a Lamborghini Murcielago Superveloce, stuck on some medium slicks and had a ball!

After that I reluctantly bought a 458 to do the Pro series Ferrari race (not a Ferrari fan) and boy is it a machine. Absolutely love the way it revs and handles, although with the 7 speed 'box it's all too easy to hit the rev limiter if you're not paying attention. :D

The problem with GT is that it's so great with a wheel, I just don't want to play anything other than B Spec with the Dual Shock. Times when I can set my wheel up are few and far between, so I was delighted to find yesterday that the loading time are much improved from the last time I played it.

Managed to sink 5 hours into it yesterday and I'd love to play more, but now the family are back home the DFGT is back up in the attic until next time.
  • Pinky_Floyd 11 Apr 2012 00:06:27 7,340 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I shifted the PS3 into the computer room, connected it up via HDMI to my 24" BenQ monitor and that means I can leave the wheel hooked up and its also a quiet place to race. I just unclamp it when I need to use the PC. The monitor auto switches so its all good.

Downstairs is a 42" plasma but its 720p. I think GT actually look better on the monitor at 1080p despite the reduced view size. Anyway, I sit lots closer to the monitor so its all relative at the end of the day.

And yes, the handling of GT with a DFGT is downright amazing, dunno how they pulled it off but I actually feel like I am driving those damn cars! Just lovely. I also think it looks much better than Forza 4. I haven't tried forza with a wheel though. Would love to try so I could see which game comes out tops.
  • infoxicated 11 Apr 2012 11:32:54 1,070 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's mental - I have the same BenQ monitor in my computer room, but when my son came along he got half the room. He's 1.5 at the moment and goes to bed about half seven, so there's just not much opportunity for me to set my wheel up in there for a decent stint on the game.

I used to play GTR 2 and rFactor, but these aren't really games I can pop on for a quick go. I need to dedicate a few hours to them so I can tune set-ups and learn how a particular car handles, plus with PC gaming there's the added ball ache of driver updates and patches.

So now it's GT5 and some golden hours on it whenever I get the chance. Always good to go back to. :)
  • gooner77 11 Apr 2012 11:38:49 728 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've recently got gt5 and am enjoying it but screen tearing is a bit of an issue on 1080. it's a really distracting blemish on an otherwise amazing game.

the kart racing is good fun too.

not bad for £13 brand new
  • infoxicated 11 Apr 2012 13:55:23 1,070 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that's one thing they haven't fixed - noticed a lot of it at 1080p when I was playing on Monday. Some tracks are worse than others - Cape Ring Periphery in particular is vicious for it, but with my monitor doing 1080p native I didn't want to switch down to 1080i to see if it helped.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 13 Apr 2012 13:58:46 6,654 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    glol.

What the fuck are they thinking putting a 1944 Volkswagon in the game. Hitler takes the lead!1
  • oldschoolsoviet 21 Apr 2012 10:47:13 5,457 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GT Academy 2012 launches next month, with quite a lot going on, hence it's release as a separate mini-game download. GT5 isn't necessary to participate.

Would be nice if these screenies show stuff that may be included in updates, and despite the fact I'll be nowhere on the leaderboards, there are linked prizes to GT5 for taking part.

Probably that Leaf. Hopefully not.
  • S-H-P 2 May 2012 14:01:34 4 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GT Academy released today. Would be great to have some GT players on my friends list.
    Feel free to add me
    mr_treemonkey
  • X201 3 Jul 2012 17:12:24 15,124 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More DLC on the way

Gran Turismo for Vita all but confirmed.

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-5-dlc-confirmed-by-kazunori-yamauchi/
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 5 Jul 2012 17:24:29 14,033 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Would love to see some point-to-point tracks. Or at least the option to create them with the editor.
  • Page

of 351 First / Last