cianchristopher wrote:ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION YOU BUNCH OF UGLY, INBRED, RETARDED PS3 FANBOY CUNTS!!!
Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) • Page 348
Pageof 351 First / Last
yeah how dare they make getting the platinum trophy difficult.
UncleLou Moderator 37,397 posts
Seen 6 hours ago
Registered 15 years ago
I've never really seen the attraction of achievements/trophies, but isn't it the point that they're not easy to get? Especially if the trophies actually mean something for the game (like exceptional driving in a racing game) and aren't just an endurance test?
kind of what I'm getting at, they should be rewards for doing something exceptional not something you get just by playing the game with little to no effort.
and that's what I'm getting at...
Certain exceptional things in the game require the endurance test that UncleLou says is wrong.
There are some sections of the game that require hours upon hours of practice in order to get under the time limit. There comes a point where that practice becomes UncleLou's endurance test.
Scimarad 9,074 posts
Seen 6 hours ago
Registered 13 years ago
I actually found the opposite in Forza 3, though it wasn't a mega expensive one. I enjoyed playing it with the wheel but I found I didn't have the nerve to drive very fast for some reason
Edited by Scimarad at 17:45:22 16-12-2011
New update details...
[Major Changes and New Features]
- Introducing the new Car Pack 2 DLC
- Wheels can now be changed on Standard cars
- Downloadable contents can now be used by multiple users with the Family
- The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.
- A copy feature has been added to the setting sheets
- Toyota 86 GT 12 - a gift for all
- Free tickets for GT Auto
Free tickets have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto.
- A gift to those purchasing the DLC's
We will be giving out an additional car; the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards to customers purchasing any of the DLC packs released in October 2011.
- Pressing the □ button in the car ticket selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car tickets at once. (The limit of the number of tickets you can receive all at once is 100.)
- Tyre wear speed adjustment
- In GT Auto you can now see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the □ button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the △ button will show the drivers list.
- An option has now been added for 'Max. number of participants - this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.
- Added ☆ marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.
- Racing sound effect adjustment
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) has been adjusted. this applies to steering wheels with a 200 degree turning radius including the GT Force®、Driving Force™、GT Force®RX、Driving Force Wireless™ steering wheel controllers. The [Steering Type] (Amateur/Professional) settings in the Game Options will be ignored, and the controller's steering angle will now directly affect the tyre turning angle of the car.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- An issue has been corrected where you would overrun without resetting if the pit lane is entered at low speed on some tracks.
- Corrected an issue with performance point calculations for the Red Bull X2010 and the X2011.
- Corrected an issue where the rear wing/aerodynamic settings was being reset when switching between setting sheets.
- An issue was corrected where the car would become stuck in autopilot from the pit lane if a certain condition is met in an endurance race on the Tsukuba Circuit. Also revised the entry route during pit stops and speed judgement.
- Improved multi-monitor stability
In summary "They've fixed the bloody Tsukuba pit bug at last" \o/
Edited by X201 at 15:47:11 21-12-2011
Meh. The only really good fix they've included is the option to ramp sound levels up to 200 from 120.
200 > 11.
Will we ever get some more online nights ? I still live in hope......
wadedanny85 1 posts
Seen 5 years ago
Registered 5 years ago
Hi, this is danny.
I have no any screen shots of gran turismo, but i can give you small mintro of the gran turismo.
Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition of the Gran Turismo racing video game series. Developed by Polyphony Digital and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, it was released for PlayStation 3 on November 24, 2010.It expands on the game's Prologue version and is the first entry of the series to be developed for PlayStation 3.
Edited by wadedanny85 at 21:13:13 02-01-2012
LionheartDJH 19,714 posts
Seen 7 days ago
Registered 7 years ago
Erm, thanks for that.
Fake_Blood 6,504 posts
Seen 1 hour ago
Registered 7 years ago
It's from the gt5 wiki.
Jacksie66 588 posts
Seen 7 months ago
Registered 6 years ago
Can I have some more mintro of the gran turismo.
The latest seasonal event includes Spa, by the way. You don't need to have the DLC to play it.
yep. Spa is great track. Free to play as well.
You can also play the night time kart track on one of the other seasonal events. Think its the time trail one.
Have you tried recovering your saved game from the options screen under utilities??
Do you have PSN+ ?
You may have a cloud save of it.
DLC - Speed Test Pack
DLC - Car Pack 3
Via GTPlanet(which also has pictures)
Apparent information about Gran Turismo 5′s third round of DLC has appeared in GTPlanet’s forums. According to “Space Empire”, GT5′s 2.03 update will be launched on January 18th, and will include a few of the following new changes and features:
New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.
New downloadable content packs will, reportedly, also become available. The “Speed Test Pack” will include the new “Special Stage Route X Oval” revealed in the recent Honda NSX Concept video, and Car Pack 3 will include the following new vehicles:
Nissan Leaf G 2011
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
Volkswagen [Beetle] 1200 1966
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011
As always, until this information is officially announced and verified, things could change, so you’d be wise to temper your expectations. Regardless, this appears to be legitimate information, so stay tuned for further details as they develop.
Edit: This information has now been confirmed by the Asia/Hong Kong official PlayStation site, with the car pack (Car Pack 3) priced at approximately $5 (47HK$) and the “Speed Test Pack” containing Route X priced at approximately $4 (31HK$).
The Speed Test Oval is back \o/
Edited by X201 at 11:07:59 12-01-2012
The Speed Test Oval is back \o/A 'proper' track would've been nicer, although it does look rather interesting, like something from an anime series with it's suspension over the water. Natty looking offshore facility too, lends it perfectly to the photo crowd.
I'd still prefer Apricot Hill or an older Spa with the Bus Stop though. Nice to see a Premium model for the XJR-9 too.
I spent ages on the test track in GT4, tweaking cars to see what top speed I could get out of them.
The official version of the update + DLC is on the EU blog
Edited by X201 at 16:40:36 12-01-2012
306designs 4 posts
Seen 5 years ago
Registered 5 years ago
I never checked this out when it was released because I was busy but the game is cheap enough. This thread got my hyped to play it
Get the newer 2.0 version if you can otherwise your going to have a shit load of patching to do when you get it.
You'll be looking at over an hour of patching with the current version.
dsmx was referring to the Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition which hasn't got a European release date yet.
Edited by X201 at 09:47:13 13-01-2012
HyperShadow 367 posts
Seen 4 days ago
Registered 11 years ago
Does there exist an alternative for the DualShock 3 that would be better for GT5? I am not keen on the Analogue stick placement and the triggers are too mushy.
Unfortunately a wheel is not an option at the moment due to budget and space reasons (and it'd need to work flawless on X360 aswell), so I need to find a better pad.
Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.