Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) Page 347

• Page

of 351 First / Last

• jasondonervan 24 Oct 2011 19:07:35 98 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just leaving this here, hoping that someone is old enough to get it:

GT5 DLC (UK late-80s Edition) trailer

For the record, I have bought the DLC, and I have swiftly learned that there are few moments in gaming as terrifying as a full track of X2011's on Spa-Francorchamps :eek:
  • X201 27 Oct 2011 06:38:49 15,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did 200 laps of the Indy 500 last night. Just to get a car that I need for B-spec.

/ need a lie down to recover x_x
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 28 Oct 2011 11:42:48 14,033 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    B-Spec seasonal events are frustrating... "Overtake! Nooooo! Don't brake! You are way faster than the other drivers!" /ragequit

In other news, I'm now in possession of a fully tuned Fiat Panda. It's fantastic! ^.^
  • freedumb 2 Nov 2011 10:10:12 1,110 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just wanted to ask, if you're not really good at tuning, is there some sort of auto upgrade feature (e.g. sort of letting an 'in-game engineer' handle it for you) in GT5 as there is in Forza? Haven't played the GT series since I abandoned GT3 at about 66%, still sitting on a pile of games from last gen!

Edited by freedumb at 10:10:32 02-11-2011
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 2 Nov 2011 10:45:12 14,033 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, but you don't need to do any specific tuning to win. Just buy all upgrades, maybe lower your car, change the max speed and winning should be easy.
  • BeebleB 2 Nov 2011 13:55:14 883 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Idk I'm struggling to win the classic car race in the professional series, even with the 15mill classic ferrari

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 2 Nov 2011 14:16:21 14,033 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That and the Formula race are the hardest races in the game no doubt.
    I think I used a Lamborghini Countach for that with some tuning tips from GTPlanet. Link

Edited by Syrok at 14:16:39 02-11-2011
  • BeebleB 2 Nov 2011 14:33:45 883 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bookmarked for when I get home, cheers.

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• X201 2 Nov 2011 14:47:09 15,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BeebleB wrote:
    Bookmark this one as well

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gran-turismo-5/81077-race-series-guide-career-seasonal-events.html#post1306016
  • freedumb 2 Nov 2011 15:52:29 1,110 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    No, but you don't need to do any specific tuning to win. Just buy all upgrades, maybe lower your car, change the max speed and winning should be easy.
    As the previous games then, the buying all upgrades stuff. I think I only ever really tinkered with gear ratios on the odd car in GT3 though. Cheers.
  • BeebleB 2 Nov 2011 17:42:11 883 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    BeebleB wrote:
    Bookmark this one as well

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gran-turismo-5/81077-race-series-guide-career-seasonal-events.html#post1306016
    Awesome looks like I might manage to get those tricky ones done..thanks

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• puddleduck 2 Nov 2011 18:04:14 1,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah awesome, thanks for posting that. That classic race had been besting me everytime. Might give it a go tomorrow now. Would mean I've Gold every event up to the first Nurburgring endurance race if I can do it.

I was more than a little glad it didn't rain at Suzuka :D
  • oldschoolsoviet 13 Nov 2011 13:48:51 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone got some spare paint ?

Looking for:

Roman Purple
    Sepang Bronze

Also on the look out for suits/helmets ending in 13 or 18 to match.

PSN: ossoviet
  • TurboBailey 13 Dec 2011 22:42:49 686 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone still organise online eurogamer racing sessions for GT5?

Ive been getting back into this since Spec 2.0 and to be honest Im hooked on online games at the mo.

Anyone??
  • SomaticSense 14 Dec 2011 12:38:24 7,986 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm, really tempted at getting back into my old GT obsessions now I've bought myself a PS3, and ditching my love/hate relationship with Forza 4.

So, a few questions if nobody minds:

- Can you progress through career mode without being forced to tune your car to be competitive? In other words, do the AI cars race in stock tune?

- Is there the option for qualifying before races, or is it like Forza where you start in 8th out of twelve cars every sodding time regardless of your skill?

- It is 1080p native and 60fps, right?

- How many unique circuits are there (not ribbons)?

- Does it have the Porsche licence?

- Do the AI cars drive like overly aggressive dicks?

- Is Trial Mountain still there?

- Does it have Spa?

Edited by SomaticSense at 12:39:30 14-12-2011
  • NJS 14 Dec 2011 13:01:58 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:- Can you progress through career mode without being forced to tune your car to be competitive? In other words, do the AI cars race in stock tune?[/Quote]You could I guess, I imagine some races would be quite tough. It's more to do with what car you have and whether it suits the track/your style/the other cars. In almost every A-Spec (career) race there are different AI cars which are listed with what BHP they have and what kind of all around performance they have (called PP). If you have a fairly similar BHP and PP to the AI cars in each race you shouldn't have too many problems. I will be honest though, a lot of the races are pretty boring even if you don't tune your car, so I usually end up tuning them just to blast through them as quick as I can.

SomaticSense wrote:- Is there the option for qualifying before races, or is it like Forza where you start in 8th out of twelve cars every sodding time regardless of your skill?[/Quote]In A-Spec or B-Spec there is no option to qualify, sadly, no.

SomaticSense wrote:- It is 1080p native and 60fps, right?[/Quote]Don't know, sorry.

SomaticSense wrote:- How many unique circuits are there (not ribbons)?[/Quote]I don't know what you mean by ribbons but there are 26 different 'circuits' but most of them have a variation. For example the Nurburgring has the GP track, the Nordschleife layout, the 24h layout, and a shorter GP layout. Suzuka has the full GP layout and the shorter 'East Course' layout. There are probably ~70 'tracks'.

SomaticSense wrote:- Does it have the Porsche licence?[/Quote]No, I don't think so.

SomaticSense wrote:- Do the AI cars drive like overly aggressive dicks?[/Quote]No but they're pretty stupid, sometimes they will just turn in on you as if you aren't there.

SomaticSense wrote:- Is Trial Mountain still there?[/Quote]Yes, with a reverse option as well.

SomaticSense wrote:- Does it have Spa?
    Spa was recently made available as DLC, the track pack costs 6 I think, that comes with Spa + Two kart tracks (plus reverse layouts).

Edited by NJS at 13:04:54 14-12-2011
  • SomaticSense 14 Dec 2011 13:09:47 7,986 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers, but I'm still torn then.

Qually is a pretty important factor for me tbh, 6 is a lot to pay for what is effectively one proper track (even if it is Spa), the crap sounding AI doesn't sound much better, and the lack of Porsches in both the key driving sim franchises is an embarrassment.

I do like the sound of A-Spec though. As long as the cars aren't all tuned for exactly the same 'performance rating', then I'm fine with that. Made Forza's career feel fake when you had to tune the V8 Supercars into something which no longer made them what they are in real life, just to compete in the V8 Supercar only races.
  • NJS 14 Dec 2011 14:09:24 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah if you have a GT500 race, and you're using a GT500 car, you will probably be quicker than them, but if you take some slightly worse tyres, you can get a pretty competitive A-spec race.

One thing I should add about A-spec is that AFAIK, there is no damage, AT ALL. I've done every step of the 'ladder' except the top one (which is crazy 24 hour endurance races etc), and never written off my car by hitting an AI driver. Personally I think this is crazy since you could in theory just bash straight into other cars with no penalty. I think this is what makes people believe they can do the same when they race online.

I would not buy this game for A-spec to be honest with you. I love GT5 because of how enjoyable and challenging the cars are, and the variety there is, and the online racing is great if you have friends you trust not to be idiots, or you arrange a race online with like-minded people.

It's a great game but it does have some big flaws.

10 though on Amazon, still a good deal overall. :)

Edited by NJS at 14:10:45 14-12-2011
  • Deleted user 14 December 2011 15:01:09
    2.0 sorted the only problem I had with the game. Being able to save during endurance races is most welcome. It even says "see you next time!". How friendly it that? Way friendly. ^_^
  • dsmx 14 Dec 2011 15:06:57 7,563 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is damage in GT5, I've seen it it unlocks when you hit level 30.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• NJS 14 Dec 2011 15:13:52 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @dsmx My A-Spec level is 33 and in none of the higher series I've damaged a car. How hard do you have to hit something:lol:
  • X201 14 Dec 2011 15:43:24 15,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NJS wrote:
    @dsmx My A-Spec level is 33 and in none of the higher series I've damaged a car. How hard do you have to hit something:lol:
    I managed to rip a door off a rally car :)
  • puddleduck 14 Dec 2011 17:09:09 1,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was just a setting you can turn on in the menu or am I imagining things?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 14 Dec 2011 18:22:34 14,033 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, the level of damage just depends on the cars you choose. Rally cars can loose parts, most other premium cars don't get more visual damage than a loose bumper. Standard cars just deform in horrible ways. Nothing to do with the level you are at in the game.
    What you can turn of is physical damage. At least in Arcade mode, not sure about GT mode.
  • cianchristopher 15 Dec 2011 11:39:33 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    With all the patches and stuff this game got, has the tearing and slowdown been alleviated? Or lessened?
  • oldschoolsoviet 15 Dec 2011 12:40:59 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    2.02 update is appearing on the 20th Dec according to reports:

-Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
    -The settings sheets will include a new ?copy? feature
    -In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application -Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
    -Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
    -In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
    -In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ?Max. number of participants? setting In the event selection screen of seasonal events
    -There are now ?(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
    -Improved racing sound effects
    -Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked.

There's also a DLC car pack for a few quid with a Mini, GT-R, Golf and Sirocco, and thon new Toyota/Scion/Subaru Coupe free with the update.

-andriasang, GTPlanet.
  • puddleduck 15 Dec 2011 12:58:29 1,853 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent additions again. Just the little things really like being able to see what difference the GT auto stuff is making and being able to use all coupons at once! Stupid that you couldn't, but welcome now you can :)
  • X201 16 Dec 2011 13:50:05 15,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only thing that is peeving me about GT5 now, is that after investing all of this time into it, I still might not get the Platinum.

The Mercedes Nurburgring and Red Bull challenges are surely only possible with a wheel and a ridiculously high standard of driving.
  • Page

of 351 First / Last