Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) Page 345

• Page

of 351 First / Last

• KayJay 11 Oct 2011 18:02:46 5,290 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sooo, how might one go about saving during an endurance race then?

I can't see any options in the Pause menu. Do I have to do a certain amount of laps or a percentage of the race before the option shows up or something?
  • KayJay 11 Oct 2011 18:50:04 5,290 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got it. When you enter the pits it's on the pop up menu.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 11 Oct 2011 18:51:28 14,034 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can select it when you are making a pit stop. However, when you do that it will force you to quit the game and the game will load directly into the endurance race when you turn it on again later. You can't do anything else with GT until you finished the race unless you cancel it.
  • KayJay 11 Oct 2011 19:18:54 5,290 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah just found that out... :/

That's quite limiting...
  • Psychotext 11 Oct 2011 19:36:26 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    =/
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 11 Oct 2011 19:50:03 14,034 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, most of things they added aren't as good as they sound. You can win up to 200% more money, but at the same time the amount you can win was reduced. So you actually get less in seasonal events. Loading times for tracks are shorter are shorter, but now you have to wait for the other cars to load seperatly. AI is more agressive, but only in Arcade mode.
    And, well, the save feature which isn't all that useful, because you still have to do it all in one go essentially.

Edit: I mean, it's great that they are still supporting it, but I do think they could have done better.
  • Rodney 11 Oct 2011 21:03:30 1,922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have the menu loading times improved and is damage unlocked from the start?

GT5 is a quirky game, it has these features but then all these constraints and limitations on how and when they can be used
  • betrayerofhope 11 Oct 2011 21:13:56 57 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    my god the new intro on GTTV is sick.

and load times are fast. too fast i might add :D

and finally spa fuck yeah. with weather too. Endurace saves as well.

Polyphony still king still the daddy.
  • Psychotext 11 Oct 2011 21:18:24 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    AI is more agressive, but only in Arcade mode.
    That's can't be right can it?

I agree with what you're saying about the load times too. It's only really of use if you planned on making changes on the setup screen, otherwise it seems to be mostly the same wait.
  • bionic 11 Oct 2011 21:31:27 86 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The new intro looks great!
  • Rodney 11 Oct 2011 22:24:15 1,922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load times are too fast?

Im looking forward to getting back into this. I gave up on it before mostly because of the shit menus.

The way I game these days, I might just get 20 minutes before bed so I can't be arsed spending 10-15 minutes of that time navigating menus. The actual game was pretty good.
  • Psychotext 11 Oct 2011 23:05:04 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sadly it seems the menus haven't changed much... or at least, at first glance from playing around with it after the patch earlier.
  • Res 11 Oct 2011 23:18:35 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Menus are pretty much the same, but depending when you last played they have streamlined car selection/modification a bit.

Visiting your garage from the race restrictions menu will now filter out cars ineligible to race, and you can now modify your vehicle (including purchasing new parts) from almost any menu from that point onwards, including after the circuit has been loaded.

It's not a major improvement, but at least it saves having to back right out to the main menu to access features you may require when entering a new race.
  • Lucodeath 12 Oct 2011 00:59:33 7 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Took me about 7 hours to download it on a 6mb connection but that could be from downloading to much man stuff. The tracks loads hell of a lot quicker now but the G27 mapping is still broken. Read somewhere it will be corrected in another update. Did just pressing the back button quit out of some menus since this update or am I imagining things?
  • kingcrowbar 12 Oct 2011 09:50:44 934 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tried this for the first time in 6 months and I like the changes to car setup/buying new parts but unless I'm blind, why FFS is there no indication about oil quality until I start the race and then I need to go all the way back to the main menu to change it?

Why not a button in the car setup screen :(
  • chub 13 Oct 2011 07:39:08 466 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lucodeath wrote:
    Took me about 7 hours to download it on a 6mb connection but that could be from downloading to much man stuff. The tracks loads hell of a lot quicker now but the G27 mapping is still broken. Read somewhere it will be corrected in another update. Did just pressing the back button quit out of some menus since this update or am I imagining things?
    I had a go with 2.0 last night. I've been playing GT5 now and again since it came out, so I've used the various updates that have come along. I'm sure they added the 'back button to quit menu' thing on some screens before, but it looks like they've put it on all of them now. I like the new loading method too, makes it quicker to get into a race. Or at least it seems that way, it could just be an illusion.
  • oldschoolsoviet 13 Oct 2011 09:41:32 5,549 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DLC less than a tenner rather than the rumoured $12-12 price ?

SOLD.

Not much of a difference, but welcome all the same.
  • Ziz0u 13 Oct 2011 10:13:20 8,648 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lucodeath wrote:

Shiiit. Any idea how big it was exactly?
  • dsmx 13 Oct 2011 10:14:39 7,727 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1.2GB

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• chub 13 Oct 2011 10:19:35 466 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only took me 15 minutes to download it, so YMMV.
  • heyyo 13 Oct 2011 10:21:28 14,369 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Took one and half hours here, definitely wasn't downloading at full speed.
  • Ziz0u 13 Oct 2011 10:44:03 8,648 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh. That isn't bad.
  • Rauha 13 Oct 2011 13:05:07 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had a few hours go the morning the update was released. Physics seem a touch more realistic, can feel the suspension in the corners alot more clearly. The a.i. also seems to be faster in the corners now too.

Step in the right directions, just a little unfortunate the Platinum version of the game for new consumers isn't being sold with spec 2.0 already on the disk etc.
  • NotSoSlim 13 Oct 2011 13:07:22 3,149 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Platinum version came out ages ago so no chance really
  • infoxicated 13 Oct 2011 13:10:06 1,241 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Res wrote:
    It's not a major improvement, but at least it saves having to back right out to the main menu to access features you may require when entering a new race.
    I had a quick half hour or so doing some B-Spec races last night and this feature makes a huge difference. It was so bloody clunky making the round trip to the home screen to change cars or tune them, but being able to buy & equip from the pre-race tuning menu is a great addition.

Hoping to get back into GT5 again during the winter - especially if I finally get the Wheelstand Pro I've been asking for. :o)
  • NotSoSlim 13 Oct 2011 13:15:42 3,149 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can have my wheelstand pro for £50 :)
  • infoxicated 13 Oct 2011 13:19:03 1,241 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really?!

I was watching one on ebay this week that the guy suddenly decided not to sell.

PM me the details if you're serious about selling it. :o)
  • Page

of 351 First / Last