EVE ONLINE Page 155

• Page

of 165 First / Last

• Pompeybear 11 Apr 2012 15:55:27 454 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks go to Orpheus for shipping my 900k m3 of crap to my new home Cheers fella !.

Edited by Pompeybear at 15:56:11 11-04-2012
  • bunglebonce 11 Apr 2012 16:18:18 2,209 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ahoj.

If anyone can find me a 26 hour day, I would dearly love to get involved in this again. It's been about two years, I think.

zo_

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• MikeP 12 Apr 2012 11:12:34 1,963 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bunglebonce wrote:
    Ahoj.

If anyone can find me a 26 hour day, I would dearly love to get involved in this again. It's been about two years, I think.

zo_
    Alright there BB, how are you? Your Orca and other assets are tucked away safe and sound, so if you ever get the time you'll be able to get right back on it. :)

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• orpheus 12 Apr 2012 14:56:05 1,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pompeybear wrote:
    Thanks go to Orpheus for shipping my 900k m3 of crap to my new home Cheers fella !.
    LOL, you mean Rak I think :)

bb, come back soon! :D
  • bunglebonce 12 Apr 2012 20:52:03 2,209 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @MikeP Gosh I wouldn't have thought any of that would have been there anymore.

Things are good otherwise. Having a job and a girlfriend kind of puts other things in their place. If there was a way of playing with the markets without having to log on to the Eve client, I'd sub back up in a jiffy.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• onestepfromlost 13 Apr 2012 02:39:45 2,090 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah id try come back too but i have nowhere near the kind of time to.
  • MikeP 13 Apr 2012 10:14:19 1,963 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You people with your lives. I don't know.

• SweetMrGibs 18 Apr 2012 10:23:57 40 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi guys, I've decided that a seven (or is it eight?) year absence from the game is long enough, and I'm giving Eve another go. I've also managed to persuade an Elite-loving friend of mine to join me. Anyway, I have my old toon back (James Caldari) and he's currently equiped with an Ibis (erk) and 16 million isk. I can't recall what I did before I quit the game, other than giving my Megathron to someone (maybe Jazz Bo), but could someone tell me if 16 mill is a decent amount of moola? I'd love to buy a Battleship for myself and an Industrial for my (more peaceful) friend. Is 16 million isk anywhere near enough, or am I dreaming?
  • Cosquae 18 Apr 2012 11:31:36 1,228 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    16m can get you an industrial ship and some modules.

Battleships with some decent modules can easily set you back 300m.

16m is likely cruiser territory.

A lot has changed in 7 years, welcome back.
  • Xeaon 18 Apr 2012 11:33:50 608 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Firstly it's definetly worth giving eve another go, it's massivly improved from back when you last played. Sadly 16m is very little nowadays, but the good news is that with a bit of effort it's fairly easy to set yourself up to make a lot of isk.

Having said that I'm awful at making money so i'll let someone else here explain that side :)

It's probally worth doing the tutorials again on an alt, or even starting over if you're not too attached to your character. Again the 'new player experience' as it's called is vastly improved from release :D
  • Cosquae 18 Apr 2012 12:01:44 1,228 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can restart the tutorials with your existing character, and this time you'll even go through the character creator screen to make yourself look all pretty (it's like the sims, only with the same emo wardrobe set).

Indeed, well worth doing them again. You get some isk and an industrial ship out of it if memory serves. The user interface is now twice as good as it used to be (2/10 instead of 1/10) and the friendly EG channel are happy to help people out (and accuse them of being SPAI's)
  • SweetMrGibs 18 Apr 2012 12:21:44 40 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the advice/info guys :) I've been through the character creation screen (although the first time it loaded, my toon was invisible!). James used to be a crusty old-timer, now he's young and hip and carries a boombox wherever he goes.

Edited by SweetMrGibs at 13:24:11 18-04-2012
  • orpheus 18 Apr 2012 15:13:46 1,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SweetMrGibs wrote:
    Thanks for the advice/info guys :) I've been through the character creation screen (although the first time it loaded, my toon was invisible!). James used to be a crusty old-timer, now he's young and hip and carries a boombox wherever he goes.
    Don't forget to join the in game channel EUROGAMER.NET to say hello!
  • Pompeybear 20 Apr 2012 14:08:15 454 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am really starting to enjoy EVE again, have been playing with WH's alot and joining the Lolli's is excellent as its a pretty laid back corp where anything goes and doesn't force people to do 'corp mining nights' etc

Am constantly in fear when in wormhole though and as somebody put it 'you need to hit the d-scan more often due to paranoia! ' I will shit my pants the first time something uncloaks next to me. Have started making some live broadcasts on twitch of me in the WH so you can all laugh at my paranoia and check out my Drake 'brick' which I feel is too much tank not enough gank etc. But on a plus note got my first melted nano ribbon last night and also due to my 'antique' collection of modules have found a micro cap battery tech II which is apparently worth 300mil isk in Jita!
  • orpheus 20 Apr 2012 15:30:14 1,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pompeybear wrote:
    I will shit my pants the first time something uncloaks next to me.
    :D
  • MikeP 20 Apr 2012 16:48:14 1,963 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pompeybear wrote:
    I am really starting to enjoy EVE again, have been playing with WH's alot and joining the Lolli's is excellent as its a pretty laid back corp where anything goes and doesn't force people to do 'corp mining nights' etc

Am constantly in fear when in wormhole though and as somebody put it 'you need to hit the d-scan more often due to paranoia! ' I will shit my pants the first time something uncloaks next to me.
    Glad you're enjoying it - it's been good to have some more new and returning faces around. I promise not to uncloak my bomber next to you. Those sort of surprises are all fun and games until someone gets hurt :D

Edited by MikeP at 16:48:36 20-04-2012

• DodgyPast 20 Apr 2012 17:42:28 8,501 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quick question.

Would lollies take me back.

Honest admission,  I plan to rape the hole.

Edited by DodgyPast at 17:43:38 20-04-2012
  • onestepfromlost 20 Apr 2012 18:01:50 2,090 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    I plan to rape the hole.
    F'nar
  • Cosquae 20 Apr 2012 19:42:18 1,228 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Quick question.

Would lollies take me back.

Honest admission,  I plan to rape the hole.
    Between Evo, Tanner and the other permanent residents of the WH then there may not always be that much to take, but I'm sure Lolli would take you back.
  • Pompeybear 20 Apr 2012 19:54:40 454 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have we got a hole to rape ?
  • bicky316 23 Apr 2012 14:41:16 53 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hello bungle, glad to hear you are well!

MikeP - why not do a short BR of the glorious space battle which you engaged in over the weekend :D
  • Puppaz 24 Apr 2012 03:53:03 329 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decided to give EVE a go, will be attempting to play in between work and collapsing in bed.
    Totally new to it, so it may take some time :D
  • El_MUERkO 24 Apr 2012 06:24:53 17,082 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Minmatar + Rifter + Low Sec + Pew Pew = Fun
  • Pompeybear 24 Apr 2012 14:37:51 454 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The call of the Tengu is getting too much :-)
  • orpheus 24 Apr 2012 14:45:25 1,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Puppaz wrote:
    Decided to give EVE a go, will be attempting to play in between work and collapsing in bed.
    Totally new to it, so it may take some time :D
    Drop into the Eurogamer.net channel and say hello!
  • Puppaz 25 Apr 2012 00:17:52 329 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    Heh, as soon as I figure out how I will do! Currently going through the tutorial missions for different types of player. Completed the exploration tutorials so far and enjoyed thay a lot, was tempted to not bother with the others but you get free ships for each apparently so it is probably best to try everything.
    Going to take me a while to get used to everything, but I'm enjoying it so far. Damn work getting in the way.
  • orpheus 25 Apr 2012 04:51:17 1,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Puppaz wrote:
    orpheus wrote:
    Heh, as soon as I figure out how I will do! Currently going through the tutorial missions for different types of player. Completed the exploration tutorials so far and enjoyed thay a lot, was tempted to not bother with the others but you get free ships for each apparently so it is probably best to try everything.
    Going to take me a while to get used to everything, but I'm enjoying it so far. Damn work getting in the way.
    Yep, do all the tutorials that sound interesting as you'll get free ships & skillbooks. To join a chat channel, click the little white box in the top right of the chat window to open channel selection, and type 'Eurogamer.net' into the box. Say hi & that you're Puppaz from here etc and we'll give you plenty of advice and people to fly with :)
  • Pompeybear 2 May 2012 16:24:34 454 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Done my first wormhole op with the Lollis lasy night :-) Pity we didnt catch that ship at start , that would have just rounded the night off . Some good chit chat over comms :-)

Hopefully my 2 mates will be in touch about joining.
  • ming 2 May 2012 20:17:12 275 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What is the cheapest way of buying game time now? Is it time cards of just as a subscription. I want to reactivate a character so no free trials.
  • orpheus 2 May 2012 20:46:17 1,007 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ming

GBP pricing kicks in around the 24th May ish (with the Inferno expansion) so that'll be well worth a look if you want to resub. You can plex but it's circa 500 mil a pop nowadays, depends how flush your main is.

Edited by orpheus at 20:46:56 02-05-2012
  • Page

of 165 First / Last