EVE ONLINE Page 154

  • Page

    of 164 First / Last

  • Pompeybear 28 Mar 2012 10:41:28 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you use any voice comms?

    LOL , Its all real pvp to me , wether its just 1 v 1 or 1 v A blob. Blowing any players ship is an andrenalin rush.

    Am looking forward to getting the combat shakes again , nothing like flying 200mil isk of ship and 200mil of fittings knowing its your pride and joy ....then insta pop!

    Edited by Pompeybear at 10:46:29 28-03-2012
  • Cosquae 28 Mar 2012 10:55:27 1,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    We do use voice comms for group ops, be it PvP or WH ops in groups. A microphone certainly helps.

    Often we've found that CCP have made considerable improvements to the in game voice channels so it's possible to use them and it's convenient. Sometimes we will use Skype or Steam voice chat if talking with our Australian friends. Eve Voice doesn't like them. Other corps will use Ventrillo, mumble, TS3 etc.

    Yeah, we had a frigate tournament recently (congrats again, Smuggo) and I still get the combat shakes, perhaps more than when we gank unsuspecting others, even in a 1m frigate. I personally try to avoid getting popped in 400m ships... if I'm going to go pop, it had better be in a 1.5bn T3 ;)
  • Pompeybear 28 Mar 2012 11:09:13 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Where is the EG corp based out of ? Is it relatively busy at weeknights?
    Does it matter if I am a bit of a social player, due to a 2 year old boy and a nagging mrs , some weeks i will be on every night or some weeks rarely.

    Sorry for all the questions :-)
  • Cosquae 28 Mar 2012 11:38:34 1,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    EG corp is generally based out of where ever the members are at the time. Caldari hi-sec is popular, around the Perimeter, Tintoh, Juu areas but there's also a lot of WH activity.

    Weeknights are variable, some busy, some not. It's rather random. Weekend evenings tend to have a few more.

    Being a social player is fine, most if not all of us are in the same boat. Missions have been delayed due to bath time, voice comms muted because the Mrs is watching the TV etc.
  • Pompeybear 28 Mar 2012 11:57:40 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds a nice corp to roll in, Do you still have to pay for eve voice comms?
  • Cosquae 28 Mar 2012 12:03:56 1,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, eve voice is part of the client and hence free.
  • madwlf 28 Mar 2012 12:05:36 74 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As someone that's just left the game (no money/not as much time as I'd like to play) I can say you won't meet a nicer/more helpful bunch as the Eurogamer lot.
    And if you do join the corp, you will have a blast sitting in cloaky ship with the others waiting for prey.
  • Pompeybear 28 Mar 2012 12:50:30 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I do have a fetish for cloaky ships, stealth bombers, cov ops and my favourite , the falcon :-)
  • Progguitarist 28 Mar 2012 13:02:28 10,451 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would any of you fine players who don't own a PS3 be willing to donate a Dust 514 beta key?

    I pwomise to earn lots of moneyz on ur behalf.

    /filthy console scum
  • orpheus 28 Mar 2012 14:11:55 1,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    madwlf wrote:
    As someone that's just left the game (no money/not as much time as I'd like to play) I can say you won't meet a nicer/more helpful bunch as the Eurogamer lot.
    And if you do join the corp, you will have a blast sitting in cloaky ship with the others waiting for prey.
    Come back soon :D
  • madwlf 28 Mar 2012 14:27:26 74 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    madwlf wrote:
    As someone that's just left the game (no money/not as much time as I'd like to play) I can say you won't meet a nicer/more helpful bunch as the Eurogamer lot.
    And if you do join the corp, you will have a blast sitting in cloaky ship with the others waiting for prey.
    Come back soon :D
    :-) I hope to. Keep hearing about (slightly) cheaper prices and upcoming patches. Still very much got the itch.Hmmm may download again this weekend..
  • MikeP 28 Mar 2012 14:41:23 1,885 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Would any of you fine players who don't own a PS3 be willing to donate a Dust 514 beta key?

    I pwomise to earn lots of moneyz on ur behalf.

    /filthy console scum
    I'd be more than happy to if I had one. I might've missed the memo, was there some sort of offer for current Eve players?

    Edited by MikeP at 14:41:36 28-03-2012

    PSN ID: Mikenetic

  • Bedders Content Editor, Gamer Network 28 Mar 2012 14:45:31 128 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They were given out to Fanfest attendees to join the private beta trial at some point in April. Think the next splurge will be around E3 with a handful inbetween.
  • Progguitarist 28 Mar 2012 17:06:45 10,451 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, I thought they were already giving out keys to Eve subs. My mistake.
  • chudders 29 Mar 2012 22:41:22 755 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right then. I'm a long term eve dabbler (I think I've even posted in this thread over the years) and on paper, eve offers me all I could want in a game. But! I always quit after a few months because I end up mission running... :(

    I want to try some pvp, maybe some piracy or wormhole shenanigans - at the very least low sec - so if Eurogamercorp.ltd can offer me these things I'm very much game.

    Assuming not everyone ragequits because mittens got booted.
  • monkehhh 29 Mar 2012 22:44:04 3,360 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Join up with the EG / RPS / whoever folks (while since I played, so I dunno what everyone is up to now) and throw yourself in there, if people ask if anyone wants to go out in a small gang then say YES PLEASE :) Sunday nights were always good for the bigger stuff. Just don't get stuck in missions and shooting asteroids.
  • ResidentKnievel 29 Mar 2012 22:52:24 6,219 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Join eurogamer.net, even if the official EG corp isn't your cup of tea there'll be people in the channel who can help find the right corp for you.

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • orpheus 29 Mar 2012 23:16:49 1,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Join eurogamer.net, even if the official EG corp isn't your cup of tea there'll be people in the channel who can help find the right corp for you.
    Yep, do this Chudders - jump right in, we'll get you started :)

    Edited by orpheus at 23:17:10 29-03-2012
  • ResidentKnievel 31 Mar 2012 11:21:36 6,219 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CCP have just cracked down hard on RMT isk, many Russian characters banned and many PL accounts have wallets showing billions of negative isk. The PL finance account, with 15 trillion isk in it, has also apparently been temporarily banned.

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • DodgyPast 31 Mar 2012 14:09:41 8,479 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    CCP have just cracked down hard on RMT isk, many Russian characters banned and many PL accounts have wallets showing billions of negative isk. The PL finance account, with 15 trillion isk in it, has also apparently been temporarily banned.
    Hurray.

    Finally.

    Wow now mittens is threatening EG for their coverage of him proving quite how big a moron he is rather than the political genius he thinks he is.

    Edited by DodgyPast at 19:13:23 31-03-2012
  • chudders 31 Mar 2012 20:03:44 755 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    orpheus wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Join eurogamer.net, even if the official EG corp isn't your cup of tea there'll be people in the channel who can help find the right corp for you.
    Yep, do this Chudders - jump right in, we'll get you started :)
    Excellent, thanks. I shall do just that.
  • Pompeybear 2 Apr 2012 09:33:16 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who does the accepting of applicants ? I applied on Friday and not been accepted yet.

    Watched the Fanfest CSM thing on you tube. Quite frankly embarrasing. The WH guy was very funny , Michael Bolton was a tool and Mitani should be ashamed of himself to be honest. Somebody downing jager bombs while giving a presentation is like something I thought was cool when I was 16.

    Edited by Pompeybear at 09:34:26 02-04-2012
  • madwlf 2 Apr 2012 12:42:33 74 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pompeybear wrote:
    Who does the accepting of applicants ? I applied on Friday and not been accepted yet.

    Watched the Fanfest CSM thing on you tube. Quite frankly embarrasing. The WH guy was very funny , Michael Bolton was a tool and Mitani should be ashamed of himself to be honest. Somebody downing jager bombs while giving a presentation is like something I thought was cool when I was 16.
    You're joining the corp? Yay! more people \o/
    Not sure who accepts the applications but I'm sure you will be accepted soon. I'm Lai Bec ingame by the way.
  • Pompeybear 2 Apr 2012 14:03:33 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, have been on the public EG channel and due to helpfulness of the people on there am (hopefully) joining the corp when my app gets accepted.

    Over weekend had a lot of fun with wormholes, probing them down then jumping through and shitting up the natives.

    Cloaky cloaky FTW
  • MikeP 2 Apr 2012 15:23:59 1,885 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Next time I'm on I'll have a word with the guys who have recruitment roles within corp.

    PSN ID: Mikenetic

  • orpheus 2 Apr 2012 17:05:33 1,003 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pompeybear wrote:
    Who does the accepting of applicants ? I applied on Friday and not been accepted yet.

    Watched the Fanfest CSM thing on you tube. Quite frankly embarrasing. The WH guy was very funny , Michael Bolton was a tool and Mitani should be ashamed of himself to be honest. Somebody downing jager bombs while giving a presentation is like something I thought was cool when I was 16.
    I wouldn't worry, generally its a requirement to spend a bit of time getting to know the corp (and for us to know you) before you're accepted. Only the most retarded corps in Eve allow people in right off the bat without any checks etc. Someone will be in touch to ask for API etc so until that happens just keep on doing what you're doing. :)

    And yeah Mitts was retarded, no wonder CCP came down hard. Initially I wasn't keen on the precedent (out of game actions interpreted in light of EULA) but given the media circus over the Dust reveal they really had no choice, and he knows that.

    Interested to see what they do to Jita though ;)
  • Pompeybear 3 Apr 2012 11:53:04 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Am looking forward to the fall out from Jita , should be interesting.

    Might be worth turning up in a shuttle with a box of popcorn.
  • ResidentKnievel 3 Apr 2012 19:58:43 6,219 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Entertaining devblog on the dismantling of RMT.

    The guy writing that blog is head of the CCP security team and former CEO of Goonswarm, which makes it even funnier when you realise that Goonswarm have been hit fairly hard by this due to housing a blatant RMTer for a while.

    The PL losing 15 trillion isk thing turned out to be a troll.

    The Goonswarm housing an RMTer thing might also turn out to be a troll.

    Edited by ResidentKnievel at 20:00:24 03-04-2012

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • Pompeybear 10 Apr 2012 16:30:54 454 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Am now officially a member of the Lollis !
  • madwlf 11 Apr 2012 13:10:58 74 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D Good stuff o/ \o \o/
  • Page

    of 164 First / Last

Log in or register to reply