EVE ONLINE Page 2

• Page

of 166 First / Last

• Velios 5 Jan 2004 16:33:23 174 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hey ming, I put 4 M.Corp cruiser BP sets on escrow in unertek - when I look at them it tells me exactly what BP's are in there and so far the info has always been accurate.

I hope escrow catches on with the eve public and gives us another way to sell cruiser BPC's - god knows we have enough of them to keep myself and Theeta busy for the rest of our lives!

Edited by Velios at 16:34:07 05-01-2004
  • Deleted user 5 January 2004 18:52:50
    mingster wrote:
    Yeah Disco Stu who are you?

im stuken. that info was on the old thread :)
  • Huggybear 6 Jan 2004 11:01:18 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ming, could you make me one more 425 Railgun? I didn't realise they don't need as much power as the 1400s, so I should be able to fit in four without any Power Diags (just finished training Engineering 5).

Fancy doing some hunting in Reblier or Sicksea tonight?
  • Nuttah 6 Jan 2004 11:07:46 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll be recieving this game any day now.

what should be my agenda when i first fire this baby up?

• mingster 6 Jan 2004 12:00:34 3,305 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ahh disco stu your Stuken thats cool...

hello.. :-)

Nuttah.. do the tutorial..
    Get to grips with the interface..
    check the market and map and ship items etc..

Setting your character up to begin with is quite important too.. Dont waste any points on charisma atm.

When you feel comfortable leaving safe space contact us in game.

yup Jazz we can have a jolly into 6c later. Did a bit of killing there last night and before i knew what the time was it was nearly 1am :-(
    Nearlly came on top actually had to warp out last second leving my drones.. a trooper sneaked up on me and an initiate microwarped up well fast after i was webbed.
    Luckily i always fit two warp stabilizers minimum these days and was able to warp away after being on 50% armour/ hull!
    After a quick dock i went back there ready for close range killing but they had all disappeared so was able to collect me ogres no problem.

Damn work interfering with my gaming time.
  • mingster 6 Jan 2004 12:08:46 3,305 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll make you another 425mm gun Jazz.

Consider fitting 2 big launchers for cruise and torps.
    Also a sensor booster is a must have item. Long range killing is safest. (with some backup short range ammo just incase plus ogres) Also 1-2 warp stabilizers as a fail safe. They really are snide now the rats in 0.0 so don't wanna get caught out.

Two of us should rip through the spawns quickly.
    We may even get a pop at the elusive megathron battleship rat i still havent managed to kill it yet without having to run away scared :-(
  • Ginger 6 Jan 2004 12:13:56 6,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mingster blathered:
    Setting your character up to begin with is quite important too.. Dont waste any points on charisma atm.

Agree that this is important, but disagree that charisma is useless. It's useful for training up skills which increase agent quality. this means if you want to do a lot of NPC generated missions then it'll be useful to have charisma slightly higher than average.

If you're after combat however it's best to have perception nice and high.

London open taekwondo champion

• Huggybear 6 Jan 2004 17:12:19 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All taken into consideration Ming. Three or four 425s with Iridium ammo, Optimal 80km (+10% if I use a targeting computer), Fall-off 24km or so. Two launchers with Cruises or Torps. An Alumel-Wired sensor booster too, so I can target at about 150km (might be less, took out the Attenuation-D so I could fit in two Stabs). And as many shield hardeners as I have room left for, in case they manage to get in close, and to take the edge off those missiles.

Armed and Ready! (and scared)
  • Huggybear 7 Jan 2004 11:09:39 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ming, you missed all the fun yesterday!

Just as we were leaving 6-c, Eneroth and Psychopath locked down Ice Ghost (in a Typhoon, Raven and Megathron, respectively). We felt bad about leaving him to die (they asked for money, he had none). So we hopped into our Scorps, fitted for EW, went back there and kicked their asses. Well, they warped away once they realised there was nothing they could do to us. But we saved poor ice Ghost's Megathron! Woo-hoo!

Which reminds me, I need some specific EW equipment (I've had loads but I've refined them, the fool that I am).

I need:
    - two Ion Field Projectors (-6 Magnetometric)
    - two White Noises (-6 Radar)
    - one Phase Inverters (-6 Ladar)
    - one Initiated Multispectal (-4 all)

Or named variants of those. I can either pay for them, or do a trade (I have three spare Spatial Destabilisers, -6 Gravimetric).
  • Velios 7 Jan 2004 11:50:17 174 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nuttah wrote:
    I'll be recieving this game any day now.

what should be my agenda when i first fire this baby up?

Hi Nuttah, Glad to hear that there will be another EVE pilot soon! - when you start EVE you have to create a character and alot skill attributes to him/her these skill attributes can have a significant bearing on the efficiency with which your character performes certain tasks - the intelligence attribute for example is very useful for scientist orientated pilots. (ie - research and development of blueprints used for manufacturing goods and even ships) so spend a little time thinking about what character you want to play as... combat, production, good all-rounder etc. When I made Velios I didnt have a clue and now im totally shit at science and research :)

Next step, once you are in will be to do the short tutorials and familiarize yourself with the space station services such as your hangar space, the market, repair shop and refinerys.

One of the top goals will be to get yourself out of the starter ship that you begin the game with by earning some isk through mining - give me a call once you are in-game and I can introduce you to a whole bunch of players (most of whom use this forum) and we can help you further if you need - simply go to the channels tab, click create channel and type incom/mcorp This will allow you to join our mutual corp channel and start speaking to all of us for no charge.

Have fun!
    Velios

Edited by Velios at 11:51:41 07-01-2004
  • Velios 7 Jan 2004 11:55:22 174 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Huggy - Ill swap my Phase Inverters for your -6 Gravimetric if you like, I need those quite badly for the corp. Cheers!

Vel
  • Huggybear 7 Jan 2004 12:12:31 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Velios wrote:
    Huggy - Ill swap my Phase Inverters for your -6 Gravimetric if you like, I need those quite badly for the corp. Cheers!

Vel

Sure. We'll just have to meet somewhere.

Edited by Huggybear at 12:14:33 07-01-2004
  • mingster 7 Jan 2004 14:37:47 3,305 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm gutted I knew it might kick off in 6c .. 10 poeople on local two pirates etc..

We saved ice ghost twice then as we helped him out at a belt too, where he warped in right on top of the rats.

Gahh typical... bloody realife interupting just as it was kicking off.

Was fun though going in mob handed to kill that rats in the belt.

Hopefully we can do it again and the megathron rat might show up that would be sweet.

Glad you were all ok and no losses and managed to scare the pirate off. He has a 18M bounty too. Would be well worth podding him!
  • Ginger 8 Jan 2004 12:34:52 6,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For those ppl doing agent missions in the hope of getting a T2 BP, they've started dropping. Only small bit's of kit so far, but it's a start!

Bigby

• mingster 8 Jan 2004 12:59:46 3,305 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    cool...
    I'll have two T2 skills trained soon for a research agent gonna see what happens.
  • Ginger 8 Jan 2004 13:07:16 6,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    cool...
    I'll have two T2 skills trained soon for a research agent gonna see what happens.

Dammit man you're lagging. I've got 1000 research points already :)

Actually, hopefully I've got a nice shiny tech 2 BP already, preferably an ECM unit or a big gun or something. WIll check this evening and give an update here.

• Huggybear 8 Jan 2004 13:56:00 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Umm... where can I find info on what corporations have research agents? My current agent gives relevant skills and items, but how can I tell if there are also research agents available in that corp?
  • Ginger 8 Jan 2004 14:31:57 6,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whitey McCool wrote:
    Isnt it just on the agents tab? Click on agents on the corp info screen, if they have an R&D department, all the research agents will be in there. No R&D department, no research agents.

Spot on Whitey.

For minmatar it's core complexion and boundless creation. Gallente have Roden Shipyards, Creodon, and a few others. Not sure about the rest tho

/calls self noob and leaves

Renounce they n00bish nature sah.

• Huggybear 8 Jan 2004 15:05:38 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks, checked Lai Dai and found a few level 2 R&D agents I can access.

Now, for something completely different: more n00b questions!

Do I need to train the skills listed under that agent (Caldari Starship Engineering level 2 etc.) to be able to get work from her? All three or just one?

Is it worth trying to get a level 3 research agent? Is there any difference, besides maybe getting more research points?

Any other tips?

:-)

Edited by Huggybear at 15:23:42 08-01-2004
  • Ginger 8 Jan 2004 15:38:19 6,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Huggybear wrote:

Do I need to train the skills listed under that agent (Caldari Starship Engineering level 2 etc.) to be able to get work from her? All three or just one?
    just one should do it. the higher the skill level the more RP you get.

Is it worth trying to get a level 3 research agent? Is there any difference, besides maybe getting more research points?
    Yeah, I'd seriously consider working towards an L3 agent before you get started. You get a chunk more RP's, and each RP is like a lottery ticket for a BP. The more you have, the better your chance of winning.

Any other tips?
    Tons :)

Train Connections and negotiations for a start though. FOr some reason, these skills don't apply to the list of available/unavailable agents so it might be worth going and talking to some of the L3's once you've trained them up.

Don't reject too many agent missions and only do agent missions for the corp you want to research with (at least until you can talk to all the L3 agetns)

Umm, I'll post more when I'm not at work ;)

Edited by Ginger at 15:41:37 08-01-2004

• mingster 8 Jan 2004 16:13:26 3,305 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Read the missions section on the eve-online forum.

Thers a ton of info on there.

You cant transfer research points atm.

So if you do 100 RP with one agent then swap to a new one your existing RP are frozen at 100 with that agent. And you start afresh with the new one.

If the lottery for the BP is called and you dont win your RP are kept to roll over to the next lottery. If you win you have the option of accepting the BP if you do your RP's are then traded in. Or you can not accept and your points are carried over again.

There is a race specific modifier bonus (extra points) plus if you doing say nanomolecular research with your agent you have a higher chance of getting a hull repairer type BP than a ship one for instance.

Some of the crucial skills for a T2 ship BP don't exist yet so don't be fooled thinking a hull repairer is too trivial at the moment as your gonna have to wait longer yet for the ships BP's too appear.

I have read that someone won a BP with just 29 RP on a lev 1 research agent. So also remember that more people might wil be working with the best lev 3 agents therefore you have to compete in the lottery with more people with more points. So using a lev 1 -2 agent isnt all bad.

Also with normal agents i have heard atm upon hitting 3.0 standing with an agent you should get an implant mission. Just doing missions with only one agent up to a really high level atm isn't good either they stop giving items after a while.
    People have actually refused missions and swapped to crappier agents at a lower level and got implant missions very soon after.
    As people have latched on to this expect it to be changed soon.

CCP can change agent missions and rewards without need for a clientside patch it can be done server side after the reboot.
  • Huggybear 8 Jan 2004 18:12:15 847 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thank you both.

I have found two level 2 Caldari research agents in a system near Reblier, in a 0.1 on the other side/above Syndicate space.

Thought it'd be easy to do them both at once. I think I'll just get a litte RPs and hope to get lucky though.

Need to train the relevant skills to 5 first.

Oh, and I'm not sure about agents not giving implants at higher standings. I have a personal standing of about 6 with my old level 3 agent, and she just gave me an implant. It was a Willpower one though, she always used to give Memory ones.
  • mingster 9 Jan 2004 11:02:17 3,305 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice one Jazz getting an implant.
    Makes the missions worthwhile getting the occasional bonus like that.

I installed teamspeak last night after bastardising my microsoft gamevoice headset to work with TS instead.

All i can say is 'bloody hell' its frigging amazing.

After getting over being freaked out by someone talking to me. And having a few issuses with the button i chose to activate speach (right hand shift key) which activated sticky keys if held down for 5 seconds! Damn stupid sticky keys.

It really works well. Then by the end of the evening typing things into the chat windows was a complete effort and just talking into the mic became second nature. The voice quality is awesome. Hearing everyones accents was cool. We had a right mixed crowd, Irish, English, Dutch, American.

So please everyone in Incom thats still playing please get a microphone and install teamspeak its free and makes things so much better.
  • Nuttah 9 Jan 2004 11:44:13 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Velios,

Just got the game yesterday.. been pootling around, getting very confused etc (so normal game play so far :p)

however I have a proposition for you. being a newbie, with no affiliations with anyone, I have a excellent oportunity to ally myself with a rival corp (do you see what i'm getting at?). If you feel there mebbe something here that we can work with, let me know so we can discuss this elsewhere.

curiouser and curioser :)

• Velios 9 Jan 2004 21:47:54 174 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sounds interesting, info on other corps from inside will be cool :)
    Whats your character name called?
  • sheepfish 10 Jan 2004 11:26:27 1,168 posts
    Registered 12 years ago
    Careful Velios, he could be a double agent :)

Then again, try and bribe him to become a triple agent.

/head hurts, goes to lie down.
  • chimp_hustler 10 Jan 2004 11:41:50 320 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    i'll supply the sub-dermal communicators so that you can covertly report back to use. that is unless they re-brided you to become a 2xdouble agent :)
  • Velios 10 Jan 2004 13:14:14 174 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nuttah, lets talk in-game about where you want to go from here, there are places available at M.Corp for fast frigate pilots who can use warp jamming equipment - we have a few fights coming up and will need pilots who can quickly get close to a battleship, appy a warp scrambler and webifier then orbit the target keeping him locked while our heavy guns go to work.

If you want to know more about M.Corp, we have an in-game site located here:

http://www.cineimage.co.uk/docs/mcorp/mcorp.html

... and heres my shamless sales pitch for everyone else out there... We have blueprints for sale, but our package deals are available for all to see here, and we deliver.

http://www.cineimage.co.uk/docs/mcorp/bpsales.html

Cheers! Velios
  • Page

of 166 First / Last