EVE ONLINE

• Page

of 164 First / Last

Previous
  • Velios 3 Jan 2004 20:13:44 174 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    EVE is kicking off BIG TIME right now

Regularly over 40,000 players online at a time, and it's as compelling to me and many others now as it was like 5 years ago.

Oh... and if you do decide to play eve you could do a LOT worse than mailing me (Velios) in game and signing up for a position in our large corporation (M. Corp) where there are about 145 regular players mostly from Europe.

Join MCORP-RECRUITS in-game.
    Or look at our Corp Website
  • Lutz 3 Jan 2004 22:04:30 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only another 2995 posts or so to go...
  • Zond3 3 Jan 2004 23:01:10 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ive been thinking about getting this game. Ive heard its about spacehips and asteroids and stuff. Awesome!

...this isnt gonna work...
  • Errol 4 Jan 2004 00:11:21 12,466 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eve is an amazing game, with nearly limitless capacity to entertain.
  • Huggybear 4 Jan 2004 00:29:58 718 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    WOPR wrote:
    Do3s 1t h@v m0t0r81k3s 1n 1t?!?!?!

Yes, it probably does. Somewhere out there.

Join us and we'll help you look for them!
  • chimp_hustler 4 Jan 2004 01:33:20 320 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    oh god! what is this mockery of a thread? where is its newness? its originality? its flair?!?!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Zond3 4 Jan 2004 01:35:16 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    Eve is an amazing game, with nearly limitless capacity to entertain.

So long as you stay clear of Nicholas Marshal
  • mingster 4 Jan 2004 01:57:59 3,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Please no personal bitching...

Zond has sold his 27% expander and donated the money to the corp which is great.

I have also donated my BPs as well.

We have a corp office in Reblier one with a factory feel free to use the BPs to make any stuff you need.

We have support from the local corp Galaxian Guerrilas in Reblier if no Incom are online then give them a hand instead. Mining/hauling/protection whatever.

They get in a few fights occasionly so is a bit of action too.
  • Velios 4 Jan 2004 03:43:35 174 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aye, and as always Incom has the backing of M.Corp - keep your asses in the shared channel we have together, maybe we can get closer together and become one helluva force to be rekoned with.

btw we have just got our grubby mitts on an Apocalypse Blueprint original thats worth a staggering 1.2 billion isk! not to mention the full set of Minmatar cruiser original BP's

chat with us if you need anything like that, we will be happy to offer discount to any incom member out there.

have fun!
  • thrawn 4 Jan 2004 11:05:07 892 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally bought myself a hauler yesterday. Nothing fancy but it'll do the job. Damn those things are slow.

I might start relocating to Reblier. The rest of the corp seems to have settled there. Masalle is close by, but I still feel a little distant :(
  • Dropkick 4 Jan 2004 13:51:27 34 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My subscription to planetside runs out in jan 12th getting a bit bored of it, was wondering do you get 1 month free with purchase or are you charged straight away
  • Velios 4 Jan 2004 14:21:54 174 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You get a month for free Dropkick, look me up when you land, I'll be glad to lend you a hand if you decide to get EVE. ;)

Vel
  • Deleted user 5 January 2004 09:05:17
    much hilarity last night with the many raids on raptus mining operations in rebiler. serves them right, its not their turf.
  • Errol 5 Jan 2004 09:47:48 12,466 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How many ships did you destroy ?
  • Zond3 5 Jan 2004 10:23:09 635 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DiscoStu wrote:
    much hilarity last night with the many raids on raptus mining operations in rebiler. serves them right, its not their turf.

Whats youe Eve name, DiscoStu? Are you part of the GGG's?
  • Huggybear 5 Jan 2004 11:17:04 718 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DiscoStu wrote:

What kind of a corp is this Raptus one? How many members, what kind of ships do they have?

I'm currently relocating most of my stuff to Reblier (just bought another Indy to do it) and I wouldn't mind some PvP... if we can get James to declare war on them like Ming suggested. Can't attack them now, at least not in Reb. I take (far too much) pride in my Sec. Rating:-)
  • sheepfish 5 Jan 2004 11:28:24 1,168 posts
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've mined with them a while ago in another system. They are a good bunch it seems to me. Quite friendly even when it appeared I was stealing their ore. (Honest mistake) They have about 20 members and are quite active. I saw at least 3 people in BS's and they seem pretty organised.
  • mingster 5 Jan 2004 13:18:48 3,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raptor are a german corp i think.
    Well theyr english sux anyway.

I think they have 1 -2 Battleships at most and are mainly into mining.

But we have had minor skirmishes and they were mining all are ore in reblier so we had to blow theyr cans up! They got the idea.

Umm we lost 2 rifters and a kestrel and a blackbird.
    The blackbird was due to a mistake warping in to close and getting stuk on a roid.

The frigates we lost on purpose due to fitting em with cruise missiles and they were used to just blow theyr cans up.

I attacked two ships in reblier in my scorpion and i only took a 0.03 sec hit for each one. So thats not a lot really. I went down from 1.9 to 1.84.

If we do declare war The galaxian guerillas we are friends with in reblier have Space Invaders on theyr side, and Lord Viceroy popped by to deal justice. I don't really see em us much of a threat TBH. And as per usual its easy to run or hid or not fight if you don't want too. Just check local if alls clear then mine away as usual. GG will help.

• Errol 5 Jan 2004 13:22:56 12,466 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Expect funds for the incom war chest to arrive soon.
  • mingster 5 Jan 2004 13:24:44 3,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Marcus i have replaced your tristan and items and they are in hanger 1 in reblier.

Sorry i underestimated how quickly the rats in 0.3 can kill a frigate. I could have killed em all in 2-3 shots each but didnt want to spoil the fun for you killing em..
    I'll know better in future so yes i can protect you don't worry. That was a minor tactical error on my part.. oops.
    Anyway its a learning experience.

If you do look like your gonna blow up always warp away by either triple clicking on a moon/planet/gate/belt thats in front of you (its faster as you dont have to turn round) or select one from the scanner.
  • mingster 5 Jan 2004 13:33:52 3,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Excellent cheers Errol.

We have been boosting the coffers in the meantime.

I have suggested to use the funds a little more proactively anyway and if people need money for skills (or secret ventures!) yet are feeling poor since the patch and aren't able to mine or kill stuff as easy then should use corp funding.

James we need that Tristan and Blackbird Blueprint are you gonna be around sometime soon.

I suggest mining in reblier in a group and using the ore to build a few blackbirds and frigates to have a laugh in.
    (ie: shoot at Raptor or Pirates in 6c).

Errol when do we find out what the secret venture consisted of?

Edited by mingster at 13:44:27 05-01-2004
  • mingster 5 Jan 2004 13:45:47 3,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah Disco Stu who are you?
  • Velios 5 Jan 2004 14:11:14 174 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We are trying to locate a pk'er named Iban Cortez - he nearly claimed obi's tempest the other night but luckily he escaped. Ibans ass shall be delivered on a platter to Unertek soon for all passers by to see!

In the meantime, if anyone sees IBAN CORTEZ then let me know, his time is coming to an end as the whole corp is ready to make this rogue pay! We will give good isk for information leading to his destruction.

Oh and on a side note... Has anyone tried selling through Escrow yet? i looked at it in detail for the first time last night and it seems absolutely fantastic! especially for corps like us that make most of our cash from selling items like BPC's that cant be sold on the conventional market. Give it a try! highly recommended :)
  • thrawn 5 Jan 2004 14:23:09 892 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mingster wrote:
    Marcus i have replaced your tristan and items and they are in hanger 1 in reblier.

Sorry i underestimated how quickly the rats in 0.3 can kill a frigate. I could have killed em all in 2-3 shots each but didnt want to spoil the fun for you killing em..
    I'll know better in future so yes i can protect you don't worry. That was a minor tactical error on my part.. oops.
    Anyway its a learning experience.

If you do look like your gonna blow up always warp away by either triple clicking on a moon/planet/gate/belt thats in front of you (its faster as you dont have to turn round) or select one from the scanner.

Thanks ming. I had a quick peek this morning and saw the stuff was there. Not sure if I'll be on later, but if I am I'll have finished training the skills to fly a rifter by then.

Don't worry about me losing the ship. At least I know what happens when you get in serious trouble now. It's all a fun learning experience. I was in the process of warping out when I blew. Thought I'd get away quicker than I did. Might have a re-think about how I equip my ships too. Maybe fit a hull repairer as I have one lying around.
  • pjmaybe 5 Jan 2004 14:26:36 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Eve's a tenner at play.com at the mo.

What's the subscription charge now btw?

Peej
  • Nuttah 5 Jan 2004 14:34:28 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    is it $35 per month to play this?

or just for the 1st month?
  • Mike_Hunt 5 Jan 2004 14:35:29 23,512 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's around 7.50 a month depending on the exchange rate.

[MH]
  • Nuttah 5 Jan 2004 14:44:42 1,840 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    well i've just purchased one from play...

$35 to download online.. or 9.99 to get the next day... hmm hard choice }:)

• Errol 5 Jan 2004 14:48:39 12,466 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The play.com eve deal is amazing value, given that the price includes one months subscription !
  • mingster 5 Jan 2004 15:01:33 3,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Velios..

Escrow works fine for selling items i have sold millions of ISK worth of CPU enhancers, Mag Vortex's and cargo expanders via it.

People are very wary of buying Blueprints via escrow though. Infact i wouldnt advise it. As you cannot inpect the BP and rely only on the info it shows. Which i have heard unfortunately is not always accurate.

Also not many people seem to know about it yet.

it is a great way of swapping items between people and you can enter items into escrow even if you arent at thta station. I honestly think its the best new feature of the Castor Patch.
  • Page

of 164 First / Last

Previous