Mario Kart Wii Page 4

• Page

of 1629 First / Last

• Max_Powers 12 Jul 2007 10:02:32 1,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would love to play Mario Kart online. However, how are they gonna solve the Chat issue? Without voice-chat and whooping and hollering Mario Kart just isn't Mario Kart.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 Jul 2007 10:06:18 11,121 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like peej says, I'll almost certainly get this game - to relive the good old days playing against my brother if for no other reason - so I feel like I don't want them to take my few quid for granted, even though they can. I just want them to make this a racer about skill, and not about antics and allowing grandma to play competitively alongside me.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Kay 12 Jul 2007 10:06:25 17,403 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's just a new MK, really. New characters (probably), new tracks, new music. Nothing to get too excited about as far as I'm concerned. I very much doubt any other iteration will ever reach the quality of the SNES version.

Of course, MK is mostly about the multiplayer and the proper online mode in this will be reason enough for others to get excited.

K
  • Deleted user 12 July 2007 10:09:25
    ecureuil wrote:
    I don't know. :/ I really didn't enjoy MKDS, I hated snaking, I hate the catchup, it just seems to random and skill-less and dull.
    I'd go along with that to some extent actually. Though I dont think that's a complete redesign needed - just a little bit of re-balancing.
  • kincaide 12 Jul 2007 10:15:57 5,063 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm well excited about this. But then, I liked Mario Kart Arcade 2
  • AcidSnake 12 Jul 2007 10:28:03 7,145 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Screens look nice...

My ideas for the controls:

Tilting wiimote: left/right
    Huge A button: Use items
    Big B button: powerslide/hop
    2 button (hidden under the right thumb): accelerate
    1 button: brake

Only thing is this would make playing without the wiil rather difficult...Powersliding in particular I mean...

Also I see a lot of hate for DD...come on, it was fun...Not as excellent as the DS version though...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Razz 12 Jul 2007 10:41:46 59,994 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You're forgetting about the D-Pad.

That would work well for sliding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• AcidSnake 12 Jul 2007 10:44:33 7,145 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah yes...
    Could also have a game specific new use...Cycling through weapons?...
    Map toggle...

The only thing I can't seem to find on the wiil screens is the pause button...'+' or '-' in this case...the A button just takes up the whole thing...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• gamingdave 12 Jul 2007 11:06:52 4,121 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watching the vid again, there seems to be a DS course in there and a GC one. Really hoping for lots of the old ones.
  • pjmaybe 12 Jul 2007 11:07:35 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    gamingdave wrote:
    Watching the vid again, there seems to be a DS course in there and a GC one. Really hoping for lots of the old ones.

I wasn't. I wanted new new new!

Peej

• Deleted user 12 July 2007 11:09:08
    Ah! Just put every single track ever made for Mario Kart in there, plus 6 new cups, that's all I ask!
  • gamingdave 12 Jul 2007 11:09:48 4,121 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I dont want old at the expense of new, but IIRC the DS had as many new tracks as it did old ones.
  • Ace_McCloud 12 Jul 2007 18:54:48 1,385 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Judging from the video, I couldn't see a hop... Maybe a more DD-esque powerslide system.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 12 Jul 2007 19:07:40 7,294 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just watched the video - definetly no jumping :( You can see karts starting to powerslide while already turning, which is just like DD.
  • Ace_McCloud 12 Jul 2007 20:32:54 1,385 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Turn that sad face upside down emil, or from right to left! It has its benefits, i've said it once and i'll say it again, the DD powerslide was more versatile on the track, for dodging, changing lines and the like.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 12 Jul 2007 20:45:39 7,294 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You are right about that one. But the same was possible in Mario Kart DS - it was just a lot more difficult. Which is exactly the reason why I enjoyed it more. Even after playing it a lot and having an online win ratio of about 20:1 it's still challenging to pull off. The game simply doesn't get boring because I feel like I am still improving with every race. Did not get that when playing Double Dash - although I have two trophies of DD tournaments at home in which I finished first, the sense of achievement is not quite there as it was with Mario Kart 64 or the DS version.

Although those specially set up racing seats and linked up cubes were fun. And to be honest the missing jumping was not the real problem with DD. If they fix all the others things I do not like about DD it will be just fine, regardless of jumping or not. Not that it matters though because I'll buy this game anyway.
  • spazmo 12 Jul 2007 20:55:16 2,729 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just can't get excited by this game at the moment. :( Really wanted to see something brand new, but it doesn't feel that way.
  • jozz 12 Jul 2007 21:07:11 4,871 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some new items would be welcome. Lose the 3 opponent rubber-banding, make it at least as fast as MKDS, don't dumb it down any more and tone down the snaking too.

It better be great >:(
  • Ace_McCloud 13 Jul 2007 01:55:42 1,385 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hope they lose the special weapons for characters. Balancing was a real issue with DD... eventually everyone wants to use the same kart and special weapon in the end anyway. Make it a level playing field I say!
  • [maven] 20 Jul 2007 17:53:43 5,147 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Let's hope they learn...
  • Youthist 20 Jul 2007 21:10:44 9,900 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Well that was unexpected! Not the game announcement, but the reactions in this thread! :-D

Everyone's in that sort of a mood at the moment for some reason. Anyone with a Wii will end up getting this. It's the forum equivalent of saying "Phew, Pamela Anderson's looking a bit rough, I wouldn't shag that"

Not being a Ninty fanboy or anything, just saying that owning a wii and saying you're not going to buy MK for it is a bit owning a car and saying you're never going to put any fuel in it.

Peej

You would shag Pamela Anderson ? ugh. I actually feel sick. She is properly repulsive.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Telepathic.Geometry 5 Sep 2007 23:01:13 11,121 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Infendo wrote: Apparently ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine for the UK) has leaked some exciting new details including…

* Improved online battle mode
    * Pull off stunts in midair
    * Tracks from the DS version will be added
    * 16 online multiplayer!

That last bit of news just made my day. 16 players online…this is gonna be sweet!
    :)

• Deleted user 5 September 2007 23:08:27
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Infendo wrote: Apparently ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine for the UK) has leaked some exciting new details including…

* Improved online battle mode
    * Pull off stunts in midair
    * Tracks from the DS version will be added
    * 16 online multiplayer!

That last bit of news just made my day. 16 players online…this is gonna be sweet!
    :)

God, that battle mode needs to be good. It's been crappier with each new version since SNES.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 6 Sep 2007 13:20:28 10,785 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nothing like a bit of "healthy speculation" to get everyone unnecessarily heated under the collar: Link ;o)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 6 Sep 2007 14:09:20 11,121 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That rumour turned out to be 'healthy speculation' by ONM by the way. Disregard!

• IMadeThis 10 Oct 2007 07:10:11 1,034 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Motorbikes? Really?
  • tonynibbles 10 Oct 2007 10:06:12 2,247 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZOMG TEH /\/\0T0rb1k3Z!!
  • Wayne 10 Oct 2007 10:10:55 2,142 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mario Kart and Motorbike Wii.

Nice title.
  • Ace_McCloud 10 Oct 2007 10:12:51 1,385 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What in blue blazes!?
  • IMadeThis 10 Oct 2007 10:14:33 1,034 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I fail to see what this'll add to the title. Each character has one? Different handling? Different peripheral? Ah, I see....

tonynibbles wrote:
    ZOMG TEH /\/\0T0rb1k3Z!!

Obviously that's not a screenshot from this game.
  • Page

of 1629 First / Last