Mario Kart Wii Page 1627

• Page

of 1629 First / Last

• Jono62 4 May 2013 10:38:17 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've thought about getting one myself but all my spare cash is going into a Vegas fund which sadly means no beer festival this year /sob. Once I've got the funds sorted, it'll probably be the price of 2 Greggs sausage rolls.
  • JuanKerr 4 May 2013 16:00:30 36,239 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No beer festival? What nonsense is this? MrS, are you likely to attend?
  • MrSemprini 7 May 2013 11:19:19 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, I am unlikely to be bothered by any U gaming getting in the way but it'll be a late decision. TBC.
  • Thingy 9 May 2013 21:35:20 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You'll be pleased to know the HBC still works like a charm MrS (guidance from the usual places), if you've still got any unfinished Wii games to play. Precious little else to do with the thing at the moment except doodling in the MiiVerse. Let me know your ID and I'll add you in.

The Rayman Daily Challenges download is worth it, as it's free and actually pretty good. Can't really recommend anything else though.

If you guys are looking to do a beer festival in the Autumn sometime, I'd be up for that, my next few months are going to be tied up with actual real life stuff though, so there's not a chance of me getting away.

Edited by Thingy at 21:35:49 09-05-2013
  • MrSemprini 10 May 2013 14:59:36 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not unwrapping it until later in the month. It's a birthday "present". Might do the HBC thing to keep me occupied, nothing out there to spend on so far. After the disappointment of "N"SMB on the 3DS, the U version can do one.

Noted on the beer fest, I'm sure something can be arranged. Jono, when are you going to throw all your money away on whores and slots in Vegas?
  • Jono62 13 May 2013 17:42:51 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hopefully 1st week in September. Will confirm the date once tickets and numbers are sorted.
  • Thingy 15 May 2013 21:29:43 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well if it's a choice between a beer festival or gambling and whores Jono, it's not really a choice at all is it. Unless you win big, then you can invite us all to Vegas for a coke and hookers weekend. That sounds quite appealing.
  • Thingy 29 May 2013 23:47:28 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MrSemprini Check your PM's.

You also haven't gone through the laughably/lamentably obscure requirements for allowing friend requests through the MiiVerse yet. You have to do something in the Friend List bit, but I can't remember what.
  • MrSemprini 2 Jun 2013 21:34:41 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oops, just seen your message. It's been far too nice to be sat inside, even with the lure of the bleeding edge.

I think I'm there now. After a mere 15 minutes of hunting around various menus (which I'm sure is my fault and not that it's totally unintuitive), slickly flipping between apps to get to where I needed to be (nothing screams next gen louder than accidentally clicking on Nintendo TVii, only to be rapidly informed, a blistering 30 seconds later, that it's not available in my region. One might ask why is there at all if that's the case, however I digress) and finally resorting to pressing all the buttons at once to try and make it do something useful. It was more entertaining that watching this anaemic England performance anyway.

Message away old chap, this is all very exciting!
  • Jono62 2 Jun 2013 21:51:30 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All this talk of unintuitive menus, no games and shonky friend requests makes me want to purchase a WiiU.

Been given confirmation of Vegas dates (7th - 14th September), so if a meet up is arranged ideally after these dates.
  • Thingy 2 Jun 2013 22:38:23 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrSemprini wrote:
    After a mere 15 minutes of hunting around various menus (which I'm sure is my fault and not that it's totally unintuitive), slickly flipping between apps to get to where I needed to be (nothing screams next gen louder than accidentally clicking on Nintendo TVii, only to be rapidly informed, a blistering 30 seconds later, that it's not available in my region. One might ask why is there at all if that's the case, however I digress) and finally resorting to pressing all the buttons at once to try and make it do something useful.
    To be fair, it's one of Nintendo's better launch games.
  • Thingy 2 Jun 2013 22:40:34 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @jono62 If you're still alive after a week in Vegas, I'd be up for a trip to a beer day.
  • Thingy 2 Jun 2013 23:04:39 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And getting the Homebrew Channel up and running is possibly one of the better third party games that's been released.
  • MrSemprini 3 Jun 2013 09:21:48 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    All this talk of unintuitive menus, no games and shonky friend requests makes me want to purchase a WiiU.
    Best get in there quick before they start fixing things. The rumoured summer firmware update might see response times of under 10 seconds for some actions. First world problems :adore:
  • Jono62 11 Jun 2013 18:57:38 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New Mario Kart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6CAgv6p6g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Out Spring 2014.
  • Thingy 11 Jun 2013 22:21:36 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spring 2014? That's rubbish. I give the thing 'till Spring 2015 before they halt this asymmetrical gameplay idiocy and try something else. Still, at least the new Animal Crossing is out this Friday. Steam for everything else.

Looks like they're keeping bikes then. I hope they balance the fuckers properly this time. I also spotted a couple of the 3DS tracks in there. More underwater nonsense.

Mirroring the tracks upside down looks a bit weird, but if it's actually inverted on screen, it could be pretty good and pretty hard.
  • Thingy 11 Jun 2013 22:39:53 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Might have to get a new hobby in the meantime.

edit: Oh, NSFW!

Edited by Thingy at 22:42:53 11-06-2013
  • MrSemprini 12 Jun 2013 14:12:04 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spring eh? Just 10 short months away, let's hope they don't spend the last 5 minutes on the online. By that time there should be a price drop and at least 3 re-hashed games to get so JK & Jono can jump onto the next gen bandwagon before we get this show on the road again.

Thingy's friend request message might have turned up by then too. It may have already, I was perhaps foolishly expecting to turn on the console and have it tell me there's a new message waiting instead of going hunting through menus to find it.
  • JuanKerr 12 Jun 2013 14:47:57 36,239 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm hoping for shonky, frustrating and archaic online implementation in the new game. Wouldn't be Mario Kart otherwise.
  • MrSemprini 12 Jun 2013 16:05:37 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I reckon you'll get all that and more you lucky pup. Or should that be less?

Anyway, no sign of Funky Kong, it's looking better already.
  • Jono62 12 Jun 2013 19:55:41 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some gameplay for the new kart game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZGLygvDAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Thingy 12 Jun 2013 20:19:27 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OK, request sent. I forgot all about it. I haven't switched the thing on in days.
  • Steifybobbins 16 Jun 2013 22:41:51 340 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    so i got one of these... Mario Kart in 10 months gents?

thanks for the fruit Thingy.Your a real Peach. ill get my own coat its fine..... :)
  • Jono62 17 Jun 2013 08:19:14 14,054 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hello Steffi, long time no speak!

I'll be getting one in time for Mario Kart.

Is Animal Crossing worth buying? Have to find my 3DS before purchasing.
  • Thingy 17 Jun 2013 10:06:25 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You're welcome Steify, anytime. I'm already in debt to the tune of 220,000. I need to catch more sharks. Those bad boys fetch a high price. :)

It depends what you want from a game Jono. It's not even really a game.

It's certainly the game I played most on the DS, the Wii version was crap in comparison (it doesn't really fit with large screen gaming), the 3DS version is a proper return to form, it seems. I think it's great anyway.

It may not be your cup of tea though. If you do get it, I'd recommend downloading it as once you get sucked in, it's a habit that's very difficult to break.
  • MrSemprini 17 Jun 2013 10:52:16 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't get Animal Crossing. I wander around without purpose or goals in real life, I don't want to do that in a game too. Can recommend Luigi's Mansion though, very good indeed and there's also Fire Emblem if strategy is your thing.
  • Thingy 17 Jun 2013 14:31:51 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's certainly not a game for everyone.

Even the the Great Fabloony has got himself a copy. He almost ragequit over being unable to win the the Bug Hunt trophy on Saturday. ;)
  • MrSemprini 17 Jun 2013 19:03:28 9,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fabloony, the blackguard! He never writes, he never calls. All those times he flounced off into the night, you'd think he holds a grudge or something.

If he's rage quitting at Animal Crossing, guess he's not ready for a racetrack rumble. 10 months to prepare, that may seem like a long time but it's just 2 Nintendo game releases away.
  • Steifybobbins 17 Jun 2013 19:44:46 340 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    my fruit hasnt grown back after 2 days is this normal? i think my daughter may be taking it on her save...... ha
  • Thingy 17 Jun 2013 20:44:33 5,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Steifybobbins It's 3 days. I harvested on Thursday, they were back on Sunday. Also, your daughter is an outrageous flower thief. Not even subtle about it! :)
  • Page

of 1629 First / Last