Mario Kart Wii Page 1625

• Page

of 1629 First / Last

• FabricatedLunatic 7 Jan 2013 15:12:25 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last thing I expected to see when I opened the last page of this thread was talk about Mario Kart in several of its posts. Standards are slipping

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and to inform you that I just made the probably inadvisable decision to purchase a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7. Oh dear. Give me a few months to practice and I'd be honoured to let you all help me ragequit again. It'd be like the good (bad) old days.
  • Jono62 7 Jan 2013 15:34:23 13,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Happy New Year Fab. The Bluey in MK7 is not as destructive as in the Wii version. as you have the XL version, you shouldn't have to worry about hand cramp either which is the major problem some have. See you on the course soon.
  • FabricatedLunatic 7 Jan 2013 19:06:31 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jono my good man. How goes it?

I read elsewhere that the blue shell is more persistent than Big Barry upon catching sight of MrS in that slinky cocktail dress of his, but I take some solace in your words. That MK7 did away with the dreaded AIDS cloud and POW block pleases me; that it retained the thoroughly pointless and irritating squirter... not so much.

Best of all, though, is the absence of both bikes and Funky. That strongly worded email I wrote to "Shiggsy" clearly bore fruit.

Please tell me the spinning globe is still there? It wouldn't be MK without it.
  • Jono62 7 Jan 2013 20:09:55 13,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It goes well my friend, how are things with you?

The blue shell is like the one in MK64 in that it travels on the ground before hitting 1st place.

The ink thing is slightly better as it covers your screen so you can see much but it's still rubbish.

The spinning globe is still there and in glorious 3D. If you join a friend and their room is full, you watch their races until someone leaves the race, which is better than what you got on the Wii version.
  • MrSemprini 8 Jan 2013 13:36:45 9,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well bless my buggering baton, if it isn't the late, great Fabloony, returned from the dead! Barry did say he'd let you out for Christmas as you'd been a good boy, quite what that meant I dared not enquire.

Some good new tracks in MK7, fairly decent entry overall as far as the formulaic barely perceptible iteration of archaic franchises goes but it's the usual amateur hour for online - at least there are no hackers yet. Team VS is gone, private rooms are all but gone given they've been implemented so very badly but most abominable of all - there is no Red Team \ Blue Team mini game. However, download the freebie Letterbox thing and we can perhaps fashion a replacement.

Edited by MrSemprini at 13:37:30 08-01-2013
  • Thingy 8 Jan 2013 14:13:04 5,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I miss the Red Team/Blue Team mini game. It was always such great fun. :(
  • FabricatedLunatic 8 Jan 2013 15:28:03 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wait... no red team/blue team? Right, that's it, I'm sending it back. Towards the end of my Mario Kart Wii days, that was all that kept me going.

Incidentally, my first attempt at an online race ended--do try to contain your surprise here--with a connectivity issue and me being dumped back to the spinning globe. It's like I'd never been away <3

When I did get a race, it was business as usual; that is, every stray green shell making a beeline for my kart. And I'm not sure how I feel about the number of racers being limited to 8. On the one hand, there's far less chaos; on the other hand, there's far less chaos. Plays lovely with the analogue nub, though, and there's some decent looking tracks in there.

Koopa Cove \o/
  • MrSemprini 8 Jan 2013 15:49:43 9,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You should try playing it on the original 3DS - the hand crampage is such that trailing an item behind you and steering means that one has to give way, consequently my back end has never been so peppered with shells. It's not too bad though, the battery has usually given out long before any potential rage quit kicks in.
  • FabricatedLunatic 8 Jan 2013 16:39:30 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even on the XL it can be rather uncomfortable holding the left trigger while steering. But if you can play while being violated by Barry, surely a bit of hand cramp shouldn't prove too troublesome?

So is there a designated MK7 night or do you just play whenever? I suppose I'd better get around to inputting all those wonderful friend codes at some point /o\
  • Jono62 8 Jan 2013 20:00:25 13,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No dedicated night.

Get the letter app. It's great!
  • FabricatedLunatic 8 Jan 2013 20:21:01 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was going, but it told me I need to create a Mii first. Curses! I understand there's a way of importing them from the Wii, but knowing Nintendo it'll be far from a simple process.

Seagal is itching to get back on the start line and snapping necks.
  • MrSemprini 8 Jan 2013 20:45:09 9,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It'll be much easier just to re-create the noted thespian from fresh. Have you seen his latest?
  • Jono62 8 Jan 2013 20:50:24 13,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks good, well Aliyah O'Brien looks good.
  • Thingy 8 Jan 2013 23:01:12 5,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Opening January 12th and featuring The Six Million Dollar Man. /Makes note in diary to check torrent sites.
  • Steifybobbins 8 Jan 2013 23:47:23 336 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey guys! I'll see you on there sometime. I'm shit like. I trust you are all well? wheres Juan?

Edited by Steifybobbins at 23:47:52 08-01-2013
  • Thingy 8 Jan 2013 23:55:20 5,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Juan's off playing with his fancy new tech. He got married.

edit: I just came on here to post more Quadcopter stuff. Getting up close to wildlife

I got one over Christmas. Still trying to master the controls, but for any fans of kite flying like me, this is the next step.

Edited by Thingy at 00:07:37 09-01-2013
  • Steifybobbins 9 Jan 2013 17:33:26 336 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thingy wrote:

edit: I just came on here to post more Quadcopter stuff. Getting up close to wildlife

I got one over Christ VGmas. Still trying to master the controls, but for any fans of kite flying like me, this is the next step.
    What is this tech you speak of?
  • Jono62 9 Jan 2013 18:27:25 13,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thingy wrote:

I got one over Christmas. Still trying to master the controls, but for any fans of kite flying like me, this is the next step.
    How is the Quadcopter. I should not buy one as I'd use it for nefarious means.

Congratulations to JK and Pinky DS. Any pictures?
  • FabricatedLunatic 9 Jan 2013 19:20:15 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Okay, fabloony and sEaGal have been reborn and are ready to fail spectacularly all over again. Now I just need to find my sodding friend code and I'm all set.

And, no, I haven't seen the big fella's latest blockbuster. These days I desperately try to forget that he still makes films and needs a stunt double to get out of a car.

Congrats to JK! I hope the Mrs still lets you game once in a while.
  • Steifybobbins 9 Jan 2013 20:27:35 336 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:
    Okay, fabloony and sEaGal have been reborn and are ready to fail spectacularly all over again. Now I just need to find my sodding friend code and I'm all set.

And, no, I haven't seen the big fella's latest blockbuster. These days I desperately try to forget that he still makes films and needs a stunt double to get out of a car.

Congrats to JK! I hope the Mrs still lets you game once in a while.

Oh he had a child??? I've got 3 and I still gamer errrm sometimes..
  • Thingy 10 Jan 2013 18:40:12 5,369 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think he had a child Steify. /avoids obvious joke on grounds of taste and decency.

The bigger question is wherever did Speedfreak get to, Pentonville or Wormwood Scrubs?

Quadcopter is fucking ace Jono. I totally recommend getting one. I'm bobbins at controlling it at the moment. It's going to take a bit of practice to get the hang of it.

Quick question MrS regarding external hard drives attached to the Wii. I've been using one formatted to wbfs file system, but I want to shift to using ntfs file system, any discrete links on how I can go about easily moving from one to the other? I don't want to have to get the disks out of the loft and rip them all over again.
  • Steifybobbins 10 Jan 2013 23:38:33 336 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Married then?
  • MrSemprini 11 Jan 2013 11:54:30 9,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thingy wrote:The bigger question is wherever did Speedfreak get to, Pentonville or Wormwood Scrubs?
    Minecraft.

Quick question MrS regarding external hard drives attached to the Wii. I've been using one formatted to wbfs file system, but I want to shift to using ntfs file system, any discrete links on how I can go about easily moving from one to the other? I don't want to have to get the disks out of the loft and rip them all over again.
    I think you can do it using this handy piece of software. You'll most likely have to copy everything off the USB, reformat it and then add it back in the format of your choice. Could take a while.

I'm not quite sure what all the Squadron Leader congratulations are for, but if it involves celebrating with superior libation, I'm in.
  • JuanKerr 11 Jan 2013 12:43:45 36,192 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Very touching everyone, but I did get married back in September 2011 :)
  • FabricatedLunatic 11 Jan 2013 13:02:08 12,994 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh yeah, I knew that. It's just that, like, I haven't been playing MK Wii since probably before then, so those congrats were belated. Yeah.

damn you and your misleading statements, Thingy
  • MrSemprini 11 Jan 2013 13:08:35 9,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    I had assumed there was some other event to celebrate. If not and we're just celebrating events gone by then let me offer my hearty congratulations to Fab for winning DP of the Month from March 2010. Barry said you'd earned it.

He's into Digital Photography you see.
  • Steifybobbins 11 Jan 2013 23:07:54 336 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    I did think I'd seen you say that before!
  • MrSemprini 24 Jan 2013 12:13:57 9,372 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well this is all very disappointing. Now the U has some actual games announced, what will people find to talk about?

Kart U? Fuck!
  • JuanKerr 24 Jan 2013 12:49:33 36,192 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Predictions for Kart U:

- sloppy online implementation
    - lack of customisation (in terms of courses, items, private races, etc)
    - lack of downloadable tracks
    - Blue shell
  • Youthist 24 Jan 2013 12:50:49 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    - and the best online game on the system

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Page

of 1629 First / Last