Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 275

• Page

of 299 First / Last

• BeardedGamerUK 1 Nov 2013 10:49:17 1,299 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I would have told him to move his f*cking bag!
  • FWB 1 Nov 2013 10:57:56 43,792 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All it takes for evil to triumph is for good wo/men to do nothing.

These people keep doing these things cos they can. Not enough stand up to them.
  • Bremenacht 1 Nov 2013 11:00:51 17,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Make sure you tut.
    Quietly though, so only you can hear it.
  • Bremenacht 1 Nov 2013 11:07:51 17,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    When I used to commute in London the thing that pissed me off the most were people who'd drag around those little suit cases on wheels, sometimes just for a laptop. Just fucking carry it!
    Oh yes. Especially when they get off the train -clunk, fuss, clunk, fuss- and then prevent anyone else getting off by stopping right there to get the handle unclipped and extended. Wonderful people. The ones who then start tutting and head-shaking and chuntering at all the people in their way, so they swerve left and right -with the wretched wheely-case swerving about behind them- as they try to get past people ahead. It's like something out of Mad Max 2, with just a tad less death and destruction. They really cheer me up.

Edited by Bremenacht at 11:18:26 01-11-2013
  • whatfruit 1 Nov 2013 11:13:07 1,282 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Whup Jamboree, Whup Jamboree, Jenney get your oak cake done.
  • boo 1 Nov 2013 11:43:36 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People (and let's face it, we're basically talking teens and 'yoof' here) who put their feet on the opposite seat on trains.
    I feel like going up to them and wiping the sole of my shoe on them to say 'That's what you're doing to other people, tosser'.

Also, death to those with the small wheelie bags.
    And those who stop at the bottom / top of escalators.
    And the woman who gets off our train at Highbury & Islington in the morning, at the height of rush hour, with a baby buggy, then gets on the Victoria line, and just assumes that she can park it in the 'convenient' spot next to the doors, even if there's space elsewhere. If someone's standing there she hassles them to move. Just because you've got a buggy, doesn't give you the right to any spot you like!

Basically, other people.

Edited by boo at 11:44:16 01-11-2013

Just Another Lego Blog

• whatfruit 1 Nov 2013 12:04:22 1,282 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    boo wrote:
    People (and let's face it, we're basically talking teens and 'yoof' here) who put their feet on the opposite seat on trains.
    I feel like going up to them and wiping the sole of my shoe on them to say 'That's what you're doing to other people, tosser'.

quote]

How do you feel if they take their shoes off before putting them on the seat?
  • RedSparrows 1 Nov 2013 12:11:41 21,958 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's been said a million times before: people who stop in the middle of a pavement, or don't look around as they get off a bench on a narrow path, or... anything that involves not thinking about people around you when you LIVE IN A FUCKING CITY FFS.
  • BeardedGamerUK 1 Nov 2013 12:36:17 1,299 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @RedSparrows Also people who come to a dead stop, when you are right behind them and you are surrounded by other people, so you end up walking into them. Then they have the nerve to give you a dirty look! Tossers!
  • Razz 1 Nov 2013 12:37:26 60,742 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @boo What's the difference between teens and yoof? aren't they the same thing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Agent_Llama 1 Nov 2013 13:33:11 3,333 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This morning a lady nearly front-ended me in Asda's multistorey car park. Pulled straight out of her space, I managed to brake in time. Then, Pets At Home car park, well-to-do lady steps straight out in front of me, again have to slam brakes. She barely registers me, then laughs, getting into her Jag. I manage a fierce shake of the head. Should have shouted something at her. People are just shit.

Edited by Agent_Llama at 13:33:29 01-11-2013

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Psychotext 1 Nov 2013 13:42:31 53,767 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got a really angry look / shouting after some woman nearly reversed right into me coming out of a parking space. I actually had to slam it into reverse to avoid her.

Crazy bitches.
  • boo 1 Nov 2013 13:45:18 11,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    whatfruit wrote:
    boo wrote:

quote]

How do you feel if they take their shoes off before putting them on the seat?
    That's an odd one. I recently saw someone take their shoes off, put their newspaper on the opposite seat and then put their feet on that. As the train wasn't too crowded, and there wasn't a shortage of seats, then I suppose, yes, that's ok.

Razz - Yes, I suppose teens are yoof, but I was thinking of twenty-somethings as well. When you get to my age, anybody under 35 is an annoying young whippersnapper...

;o)

Just Another Lego Blog

• Mr_Sleep 1 Nov 2013 14:52:51 16,838 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    When I used to commute in London the thing that pissed me off the most were people who'd drag around those little suit cases on wheels, sometimes just for a laptop. Just fucking carry it!
    The absolute worst people for this are the ones who get to the top of an escalator and stop right at the top and try to pull the thing up as I'm inexorably being sent towards them. I very nearly went over someone's bag one day as I had nowhere to go as they were standing to the left as well, fortunately they moved at the last second.

I put my feet on the seat opposite when it's free, I always ensure I put a newspaper there first. If there are no newspapers then I don't do it. I'm very much not youf.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 14:55:24 01-11-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• imamazed 1 Nov 2013 15:05:08 5,520 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, people who don't have their tickets/oysters ready at the gates!
  • kinky_mong 1 Nov 2013 16:21:04 9,941 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    There's a special place in hell for these cunts.

It's bad enough when people have the big wheelie cases on packed trains taking up loads of space, but sometimes it's unavoidable if they're trying to make their way to an airport or something like that, however I have no sympathy for people with wheelie cases small enough to carry. Utter arseholes.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• RedSparrows 2 Nov 2013 10:40:39 21,958 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Also, people who don't have their tickets/oysters ready at the gates!
    Again, said before: "oh, you mean I have to pay at the till/gate/barrier/door?!! Let me get my purse out...'
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2013 10:48:11 11,808 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My hatred for the iPhone/facebook-status-update-wankers that stand in the doorway of busy shops (express sainsburys at Manchester Piccadilly) still stands strongly

I'm beginning to think fate is testing how far it can push me before I pop

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• DrStrangelove 2 Nov 2013 21:46:57 3,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Unskippable load screens. Hate them.
  • Rusty_M 3 Nov 2013 12:53:04 4,565 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How would someone skip loading?

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Mr-Brett 3 Nov 2013 12:59:57 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rusty makes a point. Unskippable splash screens (the company logos at the start), cutscenes, tutorials, credits, are all valid complaints but not much can be done about loading.

Portable view - Never forget.

• DrStrangelove 3 Nov 2013 14:23:20 3,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But I hate them! Arrr!

Guess I'll keep trying to press buttons/keys ever faster, and shouting louder. It just has to help at some point.
  • Razz 3 Nov 2013 15:16:47 60,742 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    My hatred for the iPhone/facebook-status-update-wankers that stand in the doorway of busy shops (express sainsburys at Manchester Piccadilly) still stands strongly

I'm beginning to think fate is testing how far it can push me before I pop
    People standing in doorways full stop. Why is this not a problem for some people? What I mean by that is, if I catch myself myself standing in a doorway or outside a busy entrance I move aside and out of the way. This seems to be too much to ask of some people.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Kanjin 3 Nov 2013 15:28:01 1,051 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In the same vein: people who stand in the middle of supermarket aisles, and then beginning chatting to some other fool standing in the middle.
  • thelzdking 5 Nov 2013 20:36:21 4,309 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I'm recording tomorrow night and my amp decides to fucking die. Great. Now I'll have to use some shitty amp that will make my guitar sound fucking crappy instead of the extremely expensive amp that I've spent ages getting the right tone with. Fuck fuck fuck fuck cunt fuck fuck bastard you fucking cunt faced wank stain. AARGHHHH WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKING SHITE FUCK FUCK FUCK
  • DrStrangelove 7 Nov 2013 20:33:13 3,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What amp is that (yours that broke)?
  • Deleted user 9 November 2013 20:51:22
    After seeing darkm post in xbox one thread I ranted and thought wrong thread really as it is not to do with xbox...

Ffs the man with no job getting a new console vs me with job getting me high 30k a year and I can't afford it!!!!

My friend with a kid earns about 22 and her man gets cash in hand but not much, they getting 670 a month in working tax credit. what do I get? Nothing, plus my rent is three times her mortgage.
  • Rhaegyr 9 Nov 2013 20:54:18 1,403 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There's a concept you may not have heard of.

It's called saving money - you should try it sometime ;)
  • spamdangled 9 Nov 2013 20:58:15 27,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not to mention he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

But yeah, it's called saving up!

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:59:38 09-11-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 21:17:48 3,905 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    It's been said a million times before: people who stop in the middle of a pavement, or don't look around as they get off a bench on a narrow path, or... anything that involves not thinking about people around you when you LIVE IN A FUCKING CITY FFS.
    You can add the utter fucking cunts who type stuff on their smartphones whilst walking aimlessly around too? I will accidently on purpose inflict harm on the next person who bumps into me!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Page

of 299 First / Last