Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 260

• Page

of 305 First / Last

• Tom_Servo 21 Jun 2013 14:26:23 18,009 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Most people keep them on leashes, but if you're walking in a quiet residential area it can be a problem. You also get people who have them off leashes in busy streets, but that's far less common. I don't know about the legality of it.
  • boo 21 Jun 2013 14:36:01 11,837 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dear Jelly Belly Candy Company

Re: your 50 assorted flavours selection.

Clearly you have some talented people working in your development teams. This is evidenced by the existence of jelly bean flavours such as Juicy Pear, Buttered Popcorn, Green Apple and Raspberry.

Why then pray, do you insist on also placing in the pack a random selection of beans that taste like vomit served on a lightly toasted turd? Presumably it takes as much effort to come up with these vile concoctions as it does to produce a delightful one, so why do it? Is there someone in your lab who's having a bad time? Does Jeffrey always come in late on a Monday, smelling rather too strongly of gin? Maybe Cindy's not taking her divorce as well as she says she is. If you see somebody who looks like they're suffering a bit, take them to one side. Sit them down. Have a chat. Because I suspect that it's one of these people who are taking their frustrations out on the general public, by putting beans that look like they'd be nice, into a bag, knowing full well that they taste like something that's been scraped off a tramp's arse.

Chocolate Pudding?
    Shit Pudding!

Presumably the fact that you can't tell the difference between a lovely 'Very Cherry' and a tastebud destroying 'Cinnamon' is a source of amusement for these poor souls.

Do us all a favour. Find out who's got the attitude problem and do what ever other company does, and put them into Customer Services, and let the rest of us eat your jelly beans without worrying that we're going to have to spit a half chewed one into the face of some random passer by, because what we thought was a Blackberry turned out to be liquorice.

Yours,

Boo

Just Another Lego Blog

• ronuds 21 Jun 2013 14:36:38 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Once in a great while I'll see someone walking without a leash, but the vast majority of people are pretty good about it in my area.

It's not like the cops are going to stop you for not using a leash, but if you're not and something happens you'll probably get nailed twice as hard.

Actually, some dope with a chihuahua (Chico) was taking out his trash when my wife happened to be walking by with our dog, which is medium size. Little, tiny Chico ran out from the house, right up to my dog and yapped in his face. My dog picked him up at the stomach and flung him around side-to-side like a shark! Blood everywhere! Thankfully my wife made him let go before it was too late, but Chico won't be off a leash anytime soon.
  • imamazed 21 Jun 2013 14:38:06 5,793 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Once in a great while I'll see someone walking without a leash, but the vast majority of people are pretty good about it in my area.
    I tend to walk without a leash, if I'm completely honest.
  • ronuds 21 Jun 2013 14:41:00 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a mistake! :D
  • boo 21 Jun 2013 17:53:47 11,837 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fucking taxi driving cunt that thinks he's got the right of way on the fucking pavement outside Sloane Square tube station, I hope you rot in hell you arrogant sack of shit.
    May every passenger you carry for the rest of your worthless fucking existence throw up in your piece of crap cab and then do a runner.
    I hope you die, miserable and alone, you ignorant arsewipe.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 17:58:41 17,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well the thread lived up to its name there.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 21 June 2013 18:01:08
    Theory: The taxi driver ran over boo's packet of jellybellies just after he'd finished picking all the rubbish ones out.
  • DodgyPast 21 Jun 2013 18:54:56 8,493 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got to agree with the jellybellie rant. I tend to just buy the fruit flavoured packs as no one's fucked any of those up.
  • thelzdking 21 Jun 2013 19:00:02 4,369 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck you and you shitty fucking scheduling Sky. Fuck you.
  • Fab4 24 Jun 2013 07:39:39 6,115 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I fucking hate filling in student assessment forms, which they get to read and sign for. They are usually pleasant enough kids, but half of them shouldn't be near an engineering course.
  • mikeck 26 Jun 2013 10:42:36 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People who take their shoes off in the office, and walk around all day leaving their foot sweat marks everywhere - fuck off and die.

I really don't understand what part of social etiquette dictates that it's okay to remove your footwear in the office. Oh that's right, there isn't, so don't fucking do it.

I've even been to an external meeting and had the guy meet me at reception and then sit through the whole meeting in his socks. HAVE SOME FUCKING RESPECT!

(They're then perversely likely to be the same people who don't remove their shoes in your house and traipse their dirt all over your clean floors).

...in fact, I think I have very specific rants about footwear which are now seeming to me as quite odd, as I also get offended by those idiots who wear suits to work but combined with trainers that have never even been used for their intended sporting purpose (used purely for commuting to work).
  • DFawkes 26 Jun 2013 10:51:02 23,346 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sometimes kick off my shoes when sitting at my desk. Would never walk about though.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Jun 2013 10:55:36 38,700 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have, but only in situations where I didn't have time to slip them back on. Thankfully that hardly ever occurs.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mikeck 26 Jun 2013 10:55:47 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think it's acceptable even when at your desk either to be honest, though I'm much less vehement in my anger about that.
  • DFawkes 26 Jun 2013 11:00:17 23,346 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well it's definitely acceptable, of that there is no doubt. If someone else comes to my desk and sits down and rests their feet on top of my shoes (as I do), I think the unacceptable bit would be when they pushed me over and stole my shoes so they could do so! That's theft, and possibly assault if they pushed me hard enough.

Screw it, I'M WALKING AROUND SHOELESS! This days just getting started!

Edited by DFawkes at 11:01:18 26-06-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Jun 2013 11:03:21 38,700 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I work in an office with windows that can't be opened an even with the A/C it can get a bit sweaty in here. So the shoes come off so my feet don't get sweaty and stinky.

I'd never go to the server room or go see a user without them on, but sat at my desk... Why not?

• mikeck 26 Jun 2013 11:07:24 1,936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, maybe you both have sweeter smelling feet than most, because if somebody sits near me with shoes off I can (unfortunately) smell it. Doesn't help that I also hate feet, things should be fucking lopped off.

We really should have (d)evolved to having trotters by now ;)
  • DFawkes 26 Jun 2013 11:10:15 23,346 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It might be worth noting that I only ever do it when there's no-one else in the our office, that my feet don't smell in my nice breathable work shoes, and the office is so close to the toilet that I swear people in other offices try to beat each other in the Worlds Smelliest Turds competition each day.

I would prefer some nice hooves though. Nice and hard wearing.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Jun 2013 11:15:35 38,700 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Our desks are right next to the loos as well. I can't hear people speak if the toilet door is opened while the hand dryer is running.

• Salaman 26 Jun 2013 12:04:16 19,281 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I used to sometimes kick my shoes off. There's just some days when your feet decide to start sweating for no discernible reason. Feels like you're developing trench foot with sweaty feet in your shoes.

I may have on occasion been to lazy to put them on to go pick something up from the printer.

I have on various occasions gone down to breakfast at a hotel either bare-feet or in socks. Mostly because they end breakfast at a stupid early time. Breakfast between 6am and 8am? Fuck off! So I set my alarm for 7:50, throw on some clothes and head off. Screw putting shoes on just to walk down two flights of carpeted stairs.
  • skuzzbag 4 Jul 2013 22:46:21 5,651 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Selling a house? Here's a tip... Don't try to pull the wool over your buyers eyes by just ignoring their requests for information, hoping that they will just get into a situation where they will put up with any old crap because they might not have anywhere to live soon.

If you are missing vital documents like planning permission and gas certification, and the title deed is not full meaning no fucking mortgage company will touch it. Then maybe... just maybe... you should get that fucking stuff fucking well sorted out BEFORE you try to sell the fucking house... You fucking TWAT.
  • Khanivor 4 Jul 2013 22:52:49 40,946 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here's a tip for folk with sweaty/stinky feet. Put some antiperspirant on them. Works a treat by stopping the moisture which the stinky bacteria feed on.
  • mal 4 Jul 2013 22:59:29 22,710 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here's a tip for folk with sweaty/stinky feet - WASH BETWEEN YOUR FUCKING TOES. Most of the stink is caused by bacteria feeding on your salty sweat and skin oils. Stinky feet = dirty feet.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• skuzzbag 4 Jul 2013 22:59:57 5,651 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Washing works for so many smells.

Edited by skuzzbag at 23:00:50 04-07-2013
  • FWB 4 Jul 2013 23:10:49 44,839 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Unless you're French. Then no amount will help.
  • cubbymoore 4 Jul 2013 23:39:09 36,501 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So this just happened.

How was she even allowed on the show to air her vapid point of view? Epic live trolling.

Watch it till the end for a slap down from Holly Willoughby and an exasperated collapse from Phillip Schofield that should be giffed if it hasn't been already.
  • mal 4 Jul 2013 23:43:58 22,710 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And what the fuck is a 'play date'?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• drip 5 Jul 2013 02:04:39 4,302 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Everything is shit.
  • Page

of 305 First / Last