Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 259

• Page

of 313 First / Last

• Blotto 12 Jun 2013 14:20:03 2,777 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Everyone calls me a monster but I hate dogs, I don't want to have to deal with your dog jumping up on me and whatever, I couldn't care less if he's "Just being friendly". I'm sure it's dog owners rather than dogs blah blah but still, can't stand the things.

Then again I generally don't like pets, Cats are alright but only because they basically look after themselves and don't fuck about with you.
  • imamazed 12 Jun 2013 14:23:45 5,949 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Everyone calls me a monster but I hate dogs, I don't want to have to deal with your dog jumping up on me and whatever, I couldn't care less if he's "Just being friendly".

Admiteddly I have an actual phobia of dogs, but this one really annoys me. "He was just being friendly!" I don't give a toss what mood a dog is in! I just want to be able to walk across a public space without being drooled on or jumped on. [SPOILER]Serves me right for walking around hampstead heath I suppose[/SPOILER]
  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2013 14:27:19 14,826 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Most dog owners are selfish bastards who can't understand why you wouldn't love their friendly Staff as much as they do. It is amazing the amount of people who think the 'Keep dogs on leads' signs apply to every other owner but them.

If I had my way we would introduce special dog walking parks where they are allowed of leads anywhere and special fenced in areas in normal parks.
  • imamazed 12 Jun 2013 14:31:47 5,949 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did he prefer puppies?
  • Jeepers 12 Jun 2013 14:33:22 13,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucking piece of shit crown has just fallen out of my goddam motherfucking mouth.

Dentists: If you're going to charge over a fucking grand to bolt of piece of fucking metal into my fucking mouth, how about you develop the basic fucking skills that ensure that it fucking stays there for more than six fucking months.

You overpaid, talentless, cunt-faced, cash-exploiting motherfucker sub-doctor shitcunts.
  • imamazed 12 Jun 2013 14:34:33 5,949 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Over a grand?!

Maximum NHS charge is 250 innit?
  • Rusty_M 12 Jun 2013 14:38:53 4,916 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Most dog owners are selfish bastards who can't understand why you wouldn't love their friendly Staff as much as they do. It is amazing the amount of people who think the 'Keep dogs on leads' signs apply to every other owner but them.

If I had my way we would introduce special dog walking parks where they are allowed of leads anywhere and special fenced in areas in normal parks.
    I'm pretty sure most are quite responsible, but there are a lot of ignorant ones out there who give the rest of us a bad name.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Dave_McCoy 12 Jun 2013 14:40:54 2,807 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jeepers That, Sir, was a glorious rant. *doffs cap*
  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2013 14:43:19 14,826 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably a bit unfair I'm sure the majority are fine. I think my view is a bit tainted by the fact my office is located in a chav shit hole where everyone walks around with Staffs on chains and doesn't clean up after them.

Even close to home though it annoys me when I'm out running and dogs chase you or jump up at you.

Edited by TheSaint at 14:44:02 12-06-2013
  • 4gate 12 Jun 2013 14:46:55 362 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you keep your dog on a lead when there are other people about, particularly kids, and clean up the dogshit, then fine.

The majority round my way certainly do not, as the park is always full of dogs off leads, chasing balls, full of energy and sometimes aggression, and the park is covered in dogshit. And is in all other respects a lovely park, ducks and squirrels often emerge when there are no dogs nearby to chase them. Thus, dogs owners are in general selfish anti-social cunts.
  • billythekid 17 Jun 2013 13:35:57 11,394 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only two months ago I got a new bank card as the other one had stopped working in chip and pin or cash machines.
    Today the replacement has done the exact same fucking thing!!!
    Not only do I now wait for a new one, I pray the stupid dog doesn't get to the post before me and decide to chew it up as is his latest craze.
  • skuzzbag 17 Jun 2013 22:52:05 5,715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We're buying a house and with this in mind consider the following.

We have asked our current landlords for an extension on our 6 month contract on a month by month basis. This was agreed at the beginning of the tenancy and is the reason we went with this particular house.

The landlords have said no because they want to sell the house. This means that we may have to look for another 6 month contract and pull out of the purchase (the purchase is struggling on and will not tie up nicely for us finishing our rental) which is fucking sickening.

Not only that the cheeky fuckers are asking us to show photographers and estate agents round for them. I mean WTF? We've told them we could lose our purchase and they don't care.

Livid.
  • skuzzbag 17 Jun 2013 22:56:48 5,715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Then again I generally don't like pets, Cats are alright but only because they basically look after themselves and don't fuck about with you.
    Cats drive you nuts sometimes. I want in, I want out now, I want food, Oh not that food though, I want in, meeow, meeow, meeow, look here I am under your feet when you've got a tray of hot drinks aren't I cute etc etc etc.
  • Rusty_M 17 Jun 2013 22:59:27 4,916 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some buggers have cut down trees in our (communal) back garden. They put up a fence to divide the garden between theirs and ours (fair enough, it was just a continuous lawn, but it would've been nice enough to say something). Then they mention to my wife they're thinking of putting leaflets round with a view to cutting the trees down, apparently because of rats. The following day, the trees had been cut down. Two days later, no clear up has been done. This was the same guys who divided the garden, so it's not even part of their garden. In any case, where do they suppose the rats will go? No point in trying to get rid of them.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• Deleted user 17 June 2013 23:00:41
    skuzzbag wrote:
    Blotto wrote:
    Cats drive you nuts sometimes. I want in, I want out now, I want food, Oh not that food though, I want in, meeow, meeow, meeow, look here I am under your feet when you've got a tray of hot drinks aren't I cute etc etc etc.
  • Nexus_6 17 Jun 2013 23:06:04 3,903 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @skuzzbag

Storage for your stuff and rent a serviced apartment or the like until sale of dream home completes.

You got children or is it just the 2 of you?
  • drip 17 Jun 2013 23:17:10 4,637 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Completely overeaten and feeling terrible. I'm so full of shit.
  • Load_2.0 17 Jun 2013 23:26:45 19,655 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    billythekid wrote:
    Only two months ago I got a new bank card as the other one had stopped working in chip and pin or cash machines.
    Today the replacement has done the exact same fucking thing!!!
    Not only do I now wait for a new one, I pray the stupid dog doesn't get to the post before me and decide to chew it up as is his latest craze.
    Replacing cards needs an overhaul, you should be able get a same day service in a branch. Not wait a week for the card and PIN. Frustrating.
  • JuanKerr 18 Jun 2013 14:14:34 36,444 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh, a load of knuckle dragging pricks keep using our nearby bypass to race their high-powered motorbikes. It's gotta be the most irritating noise in the world. I keep hoping to hear a skidding, followed by a crash, but I'm still waiting.
  • skuzzbag 18 Jun 2013 22:01:08 5,715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Nexus_6

Two of us and two cats - the cats are a problem with renting, as is short term renting in something that isn't a shit-hole.

Did that once before and ended up in a place called Lye which is in Dudley (kind of a shitty area within a shitty borough) for 3 hell filled weeks in a dirty old terraced house. The next door neighbors 10 year old was really friendly (as were all the neighbors) and used to offer me cigarettes.
  • X201 18 Jun 2013 22:15:08 15,730 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks, the tar will wash off with a bit of scrubbing.
  • ronuds 18 Jun 2013 22:19:59 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

I used to be afraid of dogs, so as a dog owner I empathize with others and do everything in my power to make sure nobody even realizes my dog exists.

I can't stand people who think everyone loves their dog and wants to be slobbered on. Well, I guess they can be okay people... it's the attitude I can't stand.
  • skuzzbag 18 Jun 2013 22:20:00 5,715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not called the Black County for nothing.
  • skuzzbag 18 Jun 2013 22:20:23 5,715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or it aye called that I should say.
  • Fab4 21 Jun 2013 13:20:12 6,216 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish my Master's students would put the least bit of effort into proof-reading their reports. I'd be embarrassed to hand in the shit some of them do. Makes reading them a fucking chore.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 21 Jun 2013 13:46:32 39,732 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love a barbecue but I haven't had one for about 5 years due to the fact we don't have a garden. We've been invited over to a friend's house as she's having one for her house warming party. I've been looking forward to it for a couple of months.

My son has come out with Chicken pox today... FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Salaman 21 Jun 2013 14:08:34 19,592 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hah .. after reading the dog rants here on Monday, I cycled home from work and on the other side of the dual carriage way where I was cycling along, a teenage girl went from walking along leisurely to standing stock-still frozen in place. The sudden transition made it catch my eye.

10-20 meters ahead of her, there was a lady with a labrador. The dog was off the lead, the lady was texting on her phone and utterly absorbed and oblivious.

The girl just stood there, obviously petrified. Had the owner been paying any attention she'd have noticed her dog was freaking the girl out and could have called it to her. I thought this girl was going to step out into traffic for a moment when the dog got to about 3 meters from her.
    In the end, she just stood dead still, as close to the edge of the dual carriageway as she could and once the dog (who was busy sniffing the grass on the other side of the path) got level with her, edged along and briskly walked off.

I was incredibly annoyed just watching it all take place from 4 lanes of traffic away.
  • Tom_Servo 21 Jun 2013 14:22:10 18,082 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know how that girl felt. I'm terrified of dogs when they're not on a leash. Used to be scared of them even when they were on a leash too, but thankfully got over that.

It really annoys me when dog owners don't have their dogs on a leash when they're outside a dog park. It may well be the friendliest dog in the world, but I don't know that and it doesn't matter anyway since I'm afraid of dogs. Really inconsiderate behaviour, and the lack of understanding from owners drives me mad.
  • ronuds 21 Jun 2013 14:23:34 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like it's pretty common to allow your dog of its leash?

It's illegal here and I think for good reason. You never know what can happen with a dog.
  • Page

of 313 First / Last