Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 251

• Page

of 306 First / Last

• Maturin 8 Mar 2013 08:34:49 3,119 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ED209 wrote:
    Also Phil Jupitus too frequently resorts to: 'speak in a booming voice / stand up out of chair / over-exaggerated laugh at fellow panelist's joke' as a replacement for humorousness. But at least he probably knows he's not that funny.
    And bloody Sean Locke too. Who I like away from QI. But the point of the show is to celebrate intellectual pursuits while being funny.

And when the likes of Jupitus or Locke are on they spend most of their time attacking the idea of learning or knowledge. Continuing with some unfunny running shtick and bringing the show to a halt.
  • Gambit1977 8 Mar 2013 13:00:17 10,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Made redundant this morning. :|
  • sport 8 Mar 2013 13:02:10 12,776 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry to hear that mate, did you know it was coming?
  • Gambit1977 8 Mar 2013 13:05:24 10,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only by my own suspicions back in January mate. BUt that didn't stop them getting me to work 12 hour days and sleepless nights etc...feel cheated.
  • DodgyPast 8 Mar 2013 17:07:30 8,502 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    I fucking hate that ringtone that sounds like someone whistling for attention. It has to be the most annoying ringtone ever. Why would anyone want that on their phone?
    Default ring tone for Line which is becoming incredibly popular.
  • localnotail 9 Mar 2013 02:56:35 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Ah that sucks. Was it a good job going somewhere you wanted to be or one that paid the bills but really sucked arse?

Fucking fuck off Facebook games! I am glad that so many more people have rediscovered the joy of gaming, but those games are pants and for mugs.

I am also filled with bitter annoyance at the irony of these CandyCrackWhores wasting their lives playing these dreadful timesinks having given me years of snotty disdain for my videogaming habits, which were far more constructive. Most of the time.

Edited by localnotail at 18:15:30 09-03-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Load_2.0 9 Mar 2013 06:00:49 19,456 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    I fucking hate that ringtone that sounds like someone whistling for attention. It has to be the most annoying ringtone ever. Why would anyone want that on their phone?
    Is it for calls or texts? Hah glad to see I am not the only one who hates it. On the train/tube it drives me nuts.
  • Gambit1977 9 Mar 2013 08:17:39 10,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @localnotail your rant is amazing :lol: really cheered me up.

The Job WAS fantastic, until August when the wife of (and co-owner of the company) the owner passed away. The spirit of the place died with her.

I just feel an enormous amount of disdain if anything, toward someone I not only enjoyed working with, but counted as a friend...she's the only one staying on.

I need to decide, at 35, if I want to continue in design, after 18 years, or get out of what has become a pretty nasty business to be in.

Meh!!!
  • localnotail 9 Mar 2013 10:36:47 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have you considered going freelance? I have a friend who makes a pretty good living from her istock portfolio.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Jono62 9 Mar 2013 10:48:20 14,204 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Sorry to hear that. I was made redundant last year. The shock of not going to see the workplace that was like a second home was strange at first. The good thing is I see the people who were friends and they have all found jobs and I don't need to associate with the people I hated!

Hope you find something soon you enjoy, whatever that may be.
  • Deleted user 9 March 2013 16:54:30
    So angry, husband was meant to be out tonight and I had a lovely evening to myself planned out. Ruined! Roar..been looking forward to peace all day.
  • heyyo 9 Mar 2013 18:00:52 14,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lie back and think of England.
  • Deleted user 9 March 2013 18:08:41
    No chance is he getting any.
  • Psychotext 9 Mar 2013 19:22:23 54,498 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tell him you made plans to go out... then fuck his best friend.

That'll learn him.
  • guts 11 Mar 2013 22:56:27 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fucking fuck off Facebook games! I am glad that so many more people have rediscovered the joy of gaming, but those games are pants and for mugs.

I am also filled with bitter annoyance at the irony of these CandyCrackWhores wasting their lives playing these dreadful timesinks having given me years of snotty disdain for my videogaming habits, which were far more constructive. Most of the time.
    Tru dat, my missus would try and belittle me for playing online with friends. Normally games like medal of honor or Forza with my headphones with 'Madonna mic'. I would normally put the xbox on when she is on the pc, on facebook, playing farmville... move cursor, click to sow, move cursor, click to sow, move cursor, click to sow... hmmm, so much interaction and socialness going on there then.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• dufftownallan 13 Mar 2013 10:00:53 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dear writers of james bond films; it's "GREAT BRITAIN" or the "UNITED KINGDOM". bond works for the BRITISH government, so fuck off with all your england bollocks. it's not even a real country anyway...
  • Rusty_M 13 Mar 2013 13:35:29 4,787 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interesting that he does things "For England" when he supposedly grew up in Scotland. He has more reason than many to make the distinction.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 13 March 2013 13:39:17
    Nnnnnnnnnnggggg.
  • Deleted user 13 March 2013 13:39:38
    Racist.
  • dufftownallan 13 Mar 2013 13:54:43 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    its the inconsistency that's more maddening, if you're going to fill the film with so much british iconography and union flags then at least have the decency to refer to the country that these things represent.

also; javier bardem is insanely good.
  • mal 16 Mar 2013 01:10:26 22,727 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fucks sake. Why is the white space to the left of the video on youtube clickable. Whenever I watch a vid on youtube, I always want to scroll down a little because I've only got a small screen on this netbook and need to scroll down to see the bottom of the video. So I click on the white space there to ensure I've got focus and scroll down, but every time I end up accidentally clicking on a hidden link which takes me away from the video. It's like it's accepting clicks for the channels menu which appears if you hit the triple-equals sign on the left, but with that menu not even visible.

Turns out I just do this click-scroll thing automatically, so it took me ages to figure out why all youtube vids would redirect to a random channel after loading for a few seconds every time.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• disusedgenius 16 Mar 2013 01:20:45 5,456 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm trying to work out what you mean... alas it keeps on working as it should for me!

It's probably just down to your failure as a human being.
  • EMarkM 16 Mar 2013 07:32:43 3,210 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dr_swin wrote:
    Is that the smug bastard whistle I keep hearing on Android or Samsung phones?

I hate it. Everyone I know who has it is an Android evangelist smug twat.
  • heyyo 16 Mar 2013 08:54:28 14,372 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    dr_swin wrote:
    Is it for calls or texts? Hah glad to see I am not the only one who hates it. On the train/tube it drives me nuts.
    that ringtone < 140db ear piercing screeching of tube wheels & wind tunnel noise
  • Gambit1977 16 Mar 2013 09:01:21 10,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To accept untrustworthy employers offer of highly increased pay as freelancer and find my own work too...or to accept one of two job offers I've had...

Design, advertising, commercial industry, all cunts, my decision is which is the lesser.

Edited by Gambit1977 at 09:01:38 16-03-2013
  • Ziz0u 20 Mar 2013 07:08:14 8,514 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My girlfriend of 6 years and I broke up last night. I'm absolutely broken.

I didn't really see it coming. We have had an issue for the past 2 years or so where while we were happy together - she wasn't happy with the white-picket-fence life we were living. She has always felt like she has missed out on many things as we had been together since we were 18 and went into a routine.

I blame myself somewhat for not doing enough to change things, but she seemed to be happy with what she had. She got to travel (she's going to Paris in May) - which is her passion, and has started up her fashion line which was going really well and would've lead to more travel... But it seems like it has just boiled over now.

I am distraught and unsure of what to do with myself. I found myself sat in our flat by myself unable to process it. Now I'm at work and feel like I'm ready to blub, but I can't.

She has moved in with a friend until her mom gets back from London, then she will move in with her until she jets off to Paris and after that she will go back to London to stay with her sister.

Her friend was texting me last night saying how the gf is confused and upset and on Skype with her family.

I really had built my life around her. My whole youth has been her.

/hold me
  • Dougs 20 Mar 2013 07:29:26 68,537 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :( Sorry to hear that dude. Maybe she just needs some time and space for a few weeks. She'll work out that the grass isn't necessarily greener, I'm sure. Hang in there. In the meantime, get shit-faced. Worked every time for me!
  • Ziz0u 20 Mar 2013 07:36:18 8,514 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks. I hope so... but if she does change her mind - I'll have to move with her - which I am willing to do, but it will be much more difficult for me to do so.

Obviously all of her stuff is at my/our flat, but she took enough to last a couple of days so I don't expect to see her until next week. I'm really struggling to not contact her, but I will be strong.

I am definitely getting a couple of beers later and maybe a new game to take my mind off everything.
  • senso-ji 20 Mar 2013 07:47:52 5,973 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZizouFC

Sorry to hear that. You are genuinely one of the better guys on this forum, so it's sad news. But you're young, so here's hoping you quickly recover and move onto to happier times, either in reconciliation with her or with someone new.

Shame I'm not in the UK right now, I would have joined you for some Gears 3 horde mode. And failed miserably as usually.
  • Ziz0u 20 Mar 2013 07:51:01 8,514 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @senso-ji

Thanks, senso. That means a lot. I know it will work out in the end, but as anyone who has been through this - it is difficult to imagine everything being ok (or so I've been told. This is my first major break up).

I'm actually in South Africa. I wish I was in the UK as moving to London would be that little bit easier... :(
  • Page

of 306 First / Last