Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 246

• Page

of 301 First / Last

• RyanDS 29 Jan 2013 13:17:40 9,269 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    The council said as the kids would be 15 and the adults 51 later that means they will be told old to commit for caring for life...
    In a society where we're now expected to work until we're past 60 (and probably 70 soon enough) that sounds like complete and utter crap.
    It depends on the council. Some say no fat people can adopt, some say if you have ever smoked you can't, even if you gave up years ago etc.
  • Psychotext 29 Jan 2013 13:18:56 53,996 posts
    Seen 18 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd be forced to hurt them... you can see why I'd never be allowed to adopt. :D

That aside, FUCKNUGGETS! Delivery turned up but was only one of the three items I was expecting. Now the waiting continues :(

Edited by Psychotext at 13:19:39 29-01-2013
  • AcidSnake 29 Jan 2013 13:41:41 7,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RyanDS:
    Sorry to hear of your difficulties, but surely the thing about the exes can be solved by just lying about your number of exes?
    Just list those who you are sure you can track down?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Zizoo 29 Jan 2013 13:50:27 8,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pretty shit that you have to list your exes in the first place. I don't reeeally want my current gf to know about every woman I have been with.
  • SClaw 29 Jan 2013 13:50:44 826 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @magicpanda wax wrongdoer quaffing width
  • Zizoo 29 Jan 2013 13:55:12 8,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Zizoo 29 Jan 2013 13:55:18 8,288 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • localnotail 29 Jan 2013 13:57:10 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @magicpanda What are you missing? I have c u and r if you want them.

Re: childcare - I knew it was going to bite, but I'd put her down for a good one just after she was born which is in walking distance. Just found out they didn't process my deposit payment so I've lost the place. Nearest good one with places is further and costs more.

I think I'm just going to stay at home to look after her until she's 2. I'm not giving up 2 days of her growing up just so I can earn 60 a week. Mr Local says it's ok as long as I cook him breakfast every morning.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• kalel 29 Jan 2013 13:59:39 87,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just a thought, but childcare isn't just about you going back to work and having somewhere to leave them. It's actually a quite important part of their development imho. Something to consider.
  • Scurrminator 29 Jan 2013 14:01:50 8,405 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup. It's about social skills and development.
    Our childminder can give him a lot more attention and stimulation than I can at home (as I have household stuff to be doing as well as looking after him) and they have to be OFSTED inspected too so lots of developmental stuff.
    He often cries when we go to pick him up; he loves it!

Edited by Scurrminator at 14:03:47 29-01-2013

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• localnotail 29 Jan 2013 14:08:21 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh I know, but we have loads of stay & plays and activity groups around here, I could take her to something every day, morning & afternoon, and most are subsidised by Council or churches. Also several friends with kids of similar ages who will be around. We are not going to be sat at home watching CBeebies for a year.

• ronuds 29 Jan 2013 14:11:18 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What happened to the Random Musings thread?
  • LeoliansBro 29 Jan 2013 14:18:11 43,829 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hairy locked it because people were being mean.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• ronuds 29 Jan 2013 14:21:07 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You guys suck.
  • Scurrminator 29 Jan 2013 14:21:09 8,405 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Oh I know, but we have loads of stay & plays and activity groups around here, I could take her to something every day, morning & afternoon, and most are subsidised by Council or churches. Also several friends with kids of similar ages who will be around. We are not going to be sat at home watching CBeebies for a year.
    Why don't you and your husband join the childcare vouchers scheme? if you're both low rate tax payers it basically gives you 240 a month free to put towards childcare (provided you both take the max amount).

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• localnotail 29 Jan 2013 14:37:41 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Scurrminator I went through some HMRC calculator thing and it didn't seem to give us much, he earns just over some dividing limit. No tax credits, something like 54 a month in vouchers. It's ok, I'm adjusting very well to the concept of another year with her before returning my face to the grindstone. Also, my Dad has decided to give me half of his vinyl collection to sell on ebay (under duress from his wife, who wants the space back). Even if I only manage 1/disc I should net a grand or so from that, and we'll get by. A year without takeaways can only be a good thing.

• Alastair 29 Jan 2013 14:41:45 15,610 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Just a thought, but childcare isn't just about you going back to work and having somewhere to leave them. It's actually a quite important part of their development imho. Something to consider.
    Agreed. A decent nursery will actually start your child's education in a structured way - they have to follow the National Curriculum.

Not as nice as I used to be

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 15:02:40
    @Alastair you always seem so caring.
  • kalel 29 Jan 2013 15:03:34 87,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you want to start some shit with Al, then you're starting some shit with me.

AIGHT?
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 15:04:41
    :)
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2013 15:19:19 15,610 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    It's a trap, right.
    I respond saying that I'm a nice person really and then you call me a prick/jerk.

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 15:30:13
    EDIT: Wait, there's three other pages here. Weird.

Edited by meme at 15:30:48 29-01-2013
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 15:34:39
    Alastair wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    It's a trap, right.
    I respond saying that I'm a nice person really and then you call me a prick/jerk.
    It hardly went down like that.
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 15:36:09
    Next time you think him such a "nice guy", remember that Alastair types out his posts by forcing puppies to do it for him at gunpoint.
  • AcidSnake 29 Jan 2013 15:39:33 7,241 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    It's a trap, right.
    Well, then the Alliance shouldn't have sent an assassin!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• MetalDog 29 Jan 2013 15:44:07 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Agreed. A decent nursery will actually start your child's education in a structured way - they have to follow the National Curriculum.
    How old a child are we talking here?
    The idea of 'starting education in a structured way' below the age of five seems horrible to me.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• kalel 29 Jan 2013 15:45:29 87,132 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    How old a child are we talking here?
    The idea of 'starting education in a structured way' below the age of five seems horrible to me.
    We're talking childcare, so ages 1-4.

It's basic stuff - colours, numbers, ABC etc. It's not horrible.
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2013 15:48:52 15,610 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The kids enjoy it and it stands them in good stead when they start school.
    A lot of it is stuff that most parents will cover anyway, but the nursery staff might manage it better.
    My son gets grumpy whenever I correct him on anything, so trying to teach him stuff can be very hard. The nursery staff and his reception teachers love him, so I guess they don't get the same reaction

• MetalDog 29 Jan 2013 15:50:18 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I guess I'm thinking of this, which I remember reading.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• TheSaint 29 Jan 2013 15:53:35 14,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Everyone raves about that Scandinavian way of doing things until they realise their child won't start learning to read until they are six or seven.
  • Page

of 301 First / Last