Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 245

• Page

of 301 First / Last

• RyanDS 29 Jan 2013 12:01:49 9,165 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyway, for a proper fucking rant.

IVF budget is blown out of the fucking water. Yesterday was told that post embryo implant the wife would have to take injections we hadn't budgeted for.... that's another £600

Then last night was told she would have to inject a lot more of one drug than we budgeted for. They initially told us the supply we had should last 12 days... however now it lasts 3 days. And it's a pricey bastard drug, so that's another £900.

Taking the cost to £8,000 and still spiralling upwards.

Insolvency here I come!
  • sport 29 Jan 2013 12:06:16 12,677 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RyanDS - that's shit dude, really shit. Hope it works out in the end mate.
  • Deckard1 29 Jan 2013 12:07:30 27,604 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll have a shot at her if you like. 50 quid.

Hush you ponce

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 12:08:22
    Smh.
  • localnotail 29 Jan 2013 12:09:42 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry to hear that Ryan :( Just adding more stress to an already difficult situation. Hope you can find a way to stay chilled and positive throughout.

I've just discovered that all the decent nursery places near me are booked up, which will mean that if I go back to work in June part-time as planned, I'll actually bring home less money than dole after fees & travel are taken into account. Not happy.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• wogsy81 29 Jan 2013 12:10:16 719 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @RyanDS Now that does piss me off.

The way a loving couple who actually want kids and can afford to look after them get charged 8 facking grand to have them. Yet all these council house, Jeremy Kyle watching doleite scumbags can just pop kids out at will just for the sake of getting a few benefits and a free flat. Pisses me right off.

Where is the justice man.

i genuienly wish you luck mate.
  • TheSaint 29 Jan 2013 12:17:22 14,272 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is obviously where you've been going wrong Ryan. Put on your best tracksuit and try a romantic bit of afternoon delight with some special brew and daytime TV in the background.
  • Rusty_M 29 Jan 2013 12:19:20 4,639 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry to hear that Ryan and Local. Can't be the nicest things to find out.

I've never seen this thread move so fast.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• sport 29 Jan 2013 12:19:59 12,677 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    This is obviously where you've been going wrong Ryan. Put on your best tracksuit and try a romantic bit of afternoon delight with some special brew and daytime TV in the background.
    Marry me!
  • sport 29 Jan 2013 12:21:39 12,677 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I've just discovered that all the decent nursery places near me are booked up, which will mean that if I go back to work in June part-time as planned, I'll actually bring home less money than dole after fees & travel are taken into account. Not happy.
    oh yes, I forgot to mention after you had Rosa - Finding affordable, convenient childcare can be a nightmare ;-P
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 12:31:05
    localnotail wrote:
    Sorry to hear that Ryan :( Just adding more stress to an already difficult situation. Hope you can find a way to stay chilled and positive throughout.

Leave the radio on, baby proof the room and give her a frozen carrot and marrow bone for her to chew on. Come home at lunch time to let her out for a wee. You don't need nurserys!
  • RyanDS 29 Jan 2013 12:31:44 9,165 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers all. Was about to respond to a couple of the posts individually, but then got confused!

And to add to it all the wife has to inject herself with a barrage of needles in the stomach every day, which are playing havoc with her system, giving her shitloads of pain, plus hormonal mood swings. So that stresses both of us out. Not to mention loads of other side effects like she has lost all sense of taste and sleep is affected.

And all this for a 30% predicted success rate.

I need a beer...
  • MetalDog 29 Jan 2013 12:34:36 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Adopt?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• DUFFMAN5 29 Jan 2013 12:36:14 14,540 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Adopt?
    They(councils) make it bastard hard to do that as well.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• RyanDS 29 Jan 2013 12:39:13 9,165 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:
    Adopt?
    Freinds who have been trying for 3 years say... (2 separate couples)

-Rejected because they could not contact an ex from 9 years ago. (all ex partners have to be interviewed)
    -Rejected as mother wants to go to work after 9 months maternity. They were told that they can only adopt if she gives up work.
    -Rejected as over 35. (They are 36) Apparently they are too old to have kids.

And so on.
  • kalel 29 Jan 2013 12:39:15 86,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    This isn't a totally uncommon scenario. Childcare is really expensive and most couples find that one person's work barely covers it.

Not that I'm entirely lacking sympathy, I'm in a similar boat and it's annoying, but them's the breaks. It's only for a few years until they go to school.

RE: nurseries, phone around and see what the deal is with your local qualified childminders. Could well be a better deal, and I personally preferred a childminder to a nursery anyway. I think my boy's benefitted from the age range he gets to mix with, rather than only being with kids his age like at a nursery. The hours tend to be more flexible too.
  • Vortex808 29 Jan 2013 12:40:48 7,050 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Cheers all. Was about to respond to a couple of the posts individually, but then got confused!

And to add to it all the wife has to inject herself with a barrage of needles in the stomach every day, which are playing havoc with her system, giving her shitloads of pain, plus hormonal mood swings. So that stresses both of us out. Not to mention loads of other side effects like she has lost all sense of taste and sleep is affected.

And all this for a 30% predicted success rate.

I need a beer...
    Sorry to hear that, it must feel like such a nightmare. We knew some folk that had to go down the IVF route too. All of the hassles really strained their relationship for a good while, but it did work in the end. I hope it all works out for you too.

Local, yep, I'm afraid you need to steel yourself to basically say goodbye to at least half of one of your salaries for childcare. It is a big relief to get them to school.

There's some government funding that kicks in at three so the nursery can claim £150 pcm to help with childcare so your bills should drop then. It's just the getting there that's the hard part!
  • Rusty_M 29 Jan 2013 12:49:20 4,639 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God, they don't half make sure you're determined.

Mowgli, something tells me children and dogs have different needs. You might need to know that at some point.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Salaman 29 Jan 2013 12:50:04 18,953 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Groups are a little sad anyway. Especially when people in them act like children, I'm looking at you father group.

Toys out of pram it was.
    Wait what now?
    Did I miss some additional drama in the dad's club as well?
  • Psychotext 29 Jan 2013 12:51:55 53,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jesus, what the fuck!
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 12:53:21
    Meh, sprinkle some treats on the floor and cover with a blanket. Sorted.
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 12:54:10
    Rusty_M wrote:

children and dogs have different needs
    Not really. Both need affection, food, shelter and cleaning up after.
  • RyanDS 29 Jan 2013 12:55:39 9,165 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jesus, what the fuck!
    The council said as the kids would be 15 and the adults 51 later that means they will be told old to commit for caring for life...
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2013 12:57:52 15,569 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:
    Adopt?
    Freinds who have been trying for 3 years say... (2 separate couples)

-Rejected because they could not contact an ex from 9 years ago. (all ex partners have to be interviewed)
    -Rejected as mother wants to go to work after 9 months maternity. They were told that they can only adopt if she gives up work.

And so on.
    Ryan, as someone who adopted a little boy just over 3 years ago, aged >35 (me and the missus, not the boy!!) I can tell you that there are other avenues...
    I can't comment on the first point about the ex, but it depends how seriously the two were together.
    Point 2 - my wife went back to work after 12 months with no problem. Also, circumstances change, both ways. Your wife might decide she doesn't want to go back to work. Equally, you could tell the agency that she won't go back and then your financial circumstances change and she *has* to go back.
    Point 3 - that's simply bullshit. As I said, me and the missus were over 35 when we started the adoption process.

My first tip would be to contact Coram - they are an adoption charity based in London and from my experience they are awesome.

If you want to talk more, PM me.

Not as nice as I used to be

• jellyhead 29 Jan 2013 12:58:11 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Old at 35, fuck me i feel ancient now.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• SClaw 29 Jan 2013 12:58:27 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    God damn fucking hobos in Brum today. I walk round the corner to the shop and get hassled four times in a row.

Looking back up the page I feel like a tool for having such a trivial rant. Ah well. It made me feel better.
  • Deleted user 29 January 2013 12:58:54
    Cots! They should be easier to build, especially for people building on their own. Just had a nightmare doing it, didn't have instructions either which didn't help.

All done now but discovered I need to re arrange the room to fit it in and now my Xbox tv has to be relegated to a low door bedside table! So annoying.
  • jellyhead 29 Jan 2013 12:59:16 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's the point of the thread, mate. Shout one out and feel better :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Psychotext 29 Jan 2013 13:11:06 53,919 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    The council said as the kids would be 15 and the adults 51 later that means they will be told old to commit for caring for life...
    In a society where we're now expected to work until we're past 60 (and probably 70 soon enough) that sounds like complete and utter crap.
  • magicpanda 29 Jan 2013 13:12:32 13,327 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yoplait have stopped giving away free Alphabet fridge magnets with their baby Yogurts. Fuckers.

My epic discourse on the fridge will never be complete.

"Grow Hair of Wet Funding" with a X D W Q left over.

• Page

of 301 First / Last