Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 234

• Page

of 300 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 August 2012 00:54:04
    I can understand her being upset. Could easily have been taken as bragging while emotionally blackmailing her - look how lucky you are, the hot girl next door wants me.

Women are generally a bit more insecure about relationships and you fed that. Never volunteer that sort of information for any reason, just feel proud.
  • FWB 20 Aug 2012 00:58:51 43,806 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aye. Mentioning it while there are some "problems"/instability in your relationship is a particularly bad move. As Aargh says, always keep these things to yourself. Enjoy the ego boost and then forget about it.
  • Deleted user 20 August 2012 08:16:50
    Aargh. wrote:
    I can understand her being upset. Could easily have been taken as bragging while emotionally blackmailing her - look how lucky you are, the hot girl next door wants me.

Women are generally a bit more insecure about relationships and you fed that. Never volunteer that sort of information for any reason, just feel proud.
    Spot on, enjoy a little bit of attention but don't then go explaining how awesome you must be because hot girls fancy you.
    Sure your intentions might have been innocent but wouldn't come across that way.
  • dominalien 20 Aug 2012 08:27:51 6,835 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I agree, you never say those things.

That said, I will tend to choose my friends over my gfs, if pushed. Gfs come and go, friends stay around.

PSN: DonOsito

• Salaman 20 Aug 2012 08:43:57 18,861 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Drive her back to Glasgow and get your noodle wet next door!

Edit:
    Forgot the obligatory: FHUTA!

Edited by Salaman at 08:44:28 20-08-2012
  • RyanDS 21 Aug 2012 15:11:50 9,058 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh for fucks sake!

Got into a fight with Sky and demanded they cancel my contract, so as of last week had no phone / broadband.

So today went shopping to get a new contract.

Sky (just to see what they say) "We can install 29th September onwards."
    BT - "We can install 26th September onwards"
    TalkTalk - 26th September
    Plusnet - 28th September
    O2 - 26th September
    Orange - 28th September (Seeing a trend, obviously cunts at BT controlling it all.)

6 fucking weeks to get fucking internet when I already have everything in place? Fucking ridiculous. Just about to call Virgin who charge 80 odd for installation of a fucking 16 meg line, and if they can do it in 2 weeks I'll accepts.

Cunts the lot of them.
  • Salaman 21 Aug 2012 15:18:05 18,861 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does neither of them have an "install yourself" option? It's been ages but I think last time I moved, the cable company (in Belgium) gave you a choice of either getting a technician around (with a 4 week waiting time) or doing your own installation (assuming everything was in place, they provide hardware + instructions).
  • mal 21 Aug 2012 16:11:37 22,334 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not if you're setting up a new phone contract, even if the old contract was only cancelled a couple of days ago.

On a plus point, you'll often find the line works fine for a good few hours before the engineer turns up to 'install' it.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Salaman 21 Aug 2012 16:57:00 18,861 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aaah right. Phone. I was only getting Internet + TV back then.
  • Innes 21 Aug 2012 16:57:16 117 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FUCK TESCOS.
  • Dolly 21 Aug 2012 21:20:42 3,203 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Drive her back to Glasgow and get your noodle wet next door!

Edit:
    Forgot the obligatory: FHUTA!
    Haha, i knew i wouldn't be let down on the FHUTA front! :D
  • Deleted user 24 August 2012 10:19:09
    Money is incredibly tight at the moment so been budgeting myself. Managed to eat at work for the past week on o ly a tenner. No money for today so I take out another tenner for lunch and will keep change in drawer for next week. An hour later and I've lost the fucking tenner so have no money. Fucking cunt
  • Deleted user 24 August 2012 15:17:13
    Lost as in "it's gone and I don't know where it is" or lost as in "They had a special deal on Ginsters pasties"?
  • Deleted user 24 August 2012 15:19:59
    The former. You whore.
  • mrpon 24 Aug 2012 15:21:41 28,434 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 10:58:42 53,808 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fucking cunts at Home Delivery Network keep leaving parcels outside my door without even ringing the bell. Anyone got any suggestions on how to deal with that?

I really like Amazon, but it's getting to the point where I don't want to order from them any more because of this bullshit.
  • sport 29 Aug 2012 11:29:28 12,544 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Fucking cunts at Home Delivery Network keep leaving parcels outside my door without even ringing the bell. Anyone got any suggestions on how to deal with that?

I really like Amazon, but it's getting to the point where I don't want to order from them any more because of this bullshit.
    Is that Yodel by chance? If so, I now get everything delivered to my work (that has a receptionist) just because of the utter fuckup that is Yodel.
  • Load_2.0 29 Aug 2012 11:39:10 18,884 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have no problem with Amazon but Yodel are a company that genuinely deserves to cease trading.
  • mal 29 Aug 2012 11:40:59 22,334 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't they have a packaging feedback system? You could possibly abuse that to get your point across. Probably won't do you much good, but you never know.

Can you get packages delivered to work? I do that for all but my largest packages.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 11:42:28 53,808 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, they're the same people. Yodel is just the new name... they've had to rebrand on a number of occasions.

mal wrote:
    Don't they have a packaging feedback system? You could possibly abuse that to get your point across. Probably won't do you much good, but you never know.

Can you get packages delivered to work? I do that for all but my largest packages.
    They've had thousands of negative feedbacks already, they don't give a shit. There's massive threads about it on their forums.

As for work... I work from home.

Edited by Psychotext at 11:44:17 29-08-2012
  • Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 11:43:45 53,808 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • sport 29 Aug 2012 11:49:48 12,544 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I have no problem with Amazon but Yodel are a company that genuinely deserves to cease trading.
    Recently, I was left the usual "We missed you" card with a Yodel tracking number on it. Tried calling the number on the card to rearrange delivery multiple times - sat waiting on the phone for ages, hung up. Tried to find my local depot on the website, no go.

Eventually caved and phoned again, waited for as long as I needed to - eventually spoke to someone - their systems didn't recognize the tracking number I gave them. Managed to get the local depot address though - THANK CHRIST!.

Went there the next morning, guy behind the desk managed to find my parcel by Postcode and name, NOT the tracking number as he didn't know what that was.

I'm utterly gobsmacked that these clowns are in business, and that a company like Amazon uses them.
  • nickthegun 29 Aug 2012 11:51:38 58,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah. I got home the other week to find that they had, once again, left a parcel with the hateful alky fuckface across the road, presumably because hes the only person ever in during the day.

They really try hard to never re-deliver.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 11:54:12 53,808 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd prefer it if they left it with a neigbour... even an alcoholic one!

But not even ringing the doorbell or knocking the door, I mean, seriously?
  • nickthegun 29 Aug 2012 12:05:55 58,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, thats terrible but, sadly, the only thing you can do is vote with your wallet.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Megapocalypse 29 Aug 2012 12:24:15 5,309 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Last couple of occasions Yodel haven't even left me a card. Just left it with a neighbour (sometimes 4/5 doors down) and marked it up as delivered on their system.
  • Rusty_M 29 Aug 2012 12:35:27 4,575 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Last couple of occasions Yodel haven't even left me a card. Just left it with a neighbour (sometimes 4/5 doors down) and marked it up as delivered on their system.
    They once left my item on a different street. The driver called me and said it was left in the porch.

I live in a flat. There is no porch. To be fair, he did go and pick it back up and take it to my address. I don't know how he couldn't tell it was the wrong address by the fact the street name was different, or that the building he delivered to couldnt possibly be large enough for that flat number.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• skuzzbag 29 Aug 2012 12:37:47 5,636 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A few weeks ago Yodel helped us unpack a large box by emptying the contents over our path then dumping the rest of the box behind the hedge.
  • Psychotext 29 Aug 2012 12:40:34 53,808 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    O_o
  • Deckard1 29 Aug 2012 12:53:14 27,142 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The only time yodel have ever knocked for me the delivery guy threw a bucket of AIDS in my face. While I was rubbing the virus out of my eyes, he pushed his way passed me and proceeded to wipe his cock on EVERY surface of my house. He then stood in front of me, dancing some kind of high octane jig and started singing about my aidsey face and my cock walls. All in all a pretty poor customer experience to so say the least.
  • Page

of 300 First / Last